Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
I don't know guys... I am of the opinion that we should have three categories for Oud then. It is not fair to expect a cheaper organic compete with a much more expensive wild Oud. Maybe the following would make sense?

1. Overall Oud of the Year - it does not have to be from the 2nd and 3rd categories below.
2. Wild Oud Category - Winner and Runner Up
3. Organic Oud Category- Winner and Runner Up
4. Perfume of the Year - Winner and Runner Up

On a separate note, I think maybe we should draw up a recommended guide on how to assess an Oud for nomination - although its the nominees choice at the end of the day on what they want to nominate. I think the following should be taken into account when nominating an Oud and when voting (not necessarily in order of importance):

1. Value - this is a function of the price vs quality
2. Scent Profile - self-explanatory.
3. Quality - how does it feel when wearing it compared to others across the price range spectrum? What is the pedigree of wood used? Is it aged etc.
4. Longevity - how long does it last?
5. Silage - what is the projection of the scent?
6. Uniqueness - is this experience available with another oud, or is this something special and different?
7. Effectiveness - do you have to use large amounts to obtain the desired effect, or are a couple of drops sufficient?
8. Other considerations such as colour, association, genre etc..

The above are guidelines and not fixed rules.

Last edited:

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
I agree or its becomes too much. Keep it simple guys 1 Oud 1 Blend nominations. Right guys forget what @Ouddict says thats the new rule :Laugh:

Ok... it was a suggestion and I’ve been overruled :(. We will have the following then:

1. Oud of the Year. Winner and Runner Up
2. Natural Perfume of the Year. Winner and Runner Up

There will be two polls - one for Oud and another for Natural Perfumes / Blends.

Everyone will get TWO votes for each poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.