What kind of profile is this one? I’ve been wanting to experience a full spectrum ‘heavy’ Laotian and a little bit of barn is okay but I’m not looking for Gorgonzola or anything like that 😎
This oil is an economical one, $100 a bottle.
No barn, mostly fruits and a little oudiness.
It has medium viscosity and a slight progression. I wouldn’t call it full spectrumed, fine as-is for a frugal swipe, but if you wanted to modify the engine for high performance, then add a low temp top, some incense notes, higher grade chips, and some mind buzz😃

Castingshadows

@scentofsamadhi
Cultivated Kinam, full 60day soak no fermentation no barn no cheese just pure Kinam bliss layered with Ma’u Xanh La Vietnamese oil ,
This is an extremely deep and layered profile combination that’s making my mind swim
I was wondering how your distillation journey has been coming along. This sounds fantastic. MXL is aging beautifully. I always come back MXL as a reference for what I want other Vietnamese oils to smell like. You worked wonders with this one.

Ashfaque

Jonoon al Oud
Rose de Malaise (2017, La Maison Khenata): My evening wear. This oil has this bakelite like smell along with crushed rose leaves and stems after rain in cold morning. It then slowly becomes smoky and finally very incensy (like lots of Malaysian oud oil) with a heart of the deer musk grain maceration (on sandalwood). A delight to an incense and multifaceted oud fan like me. There is also hay, dry woods, dry saffron hue and lots of other things that I didn't detect before. So either the oil has developed significantly, olfactive experience (or the lack of recent ones with this oil), or any combination of those factors.

I miss my conversations with Farid. Some of him tips and advices are quite valuable to me. I hope he is safe & well.

Rahel

Resident Artisan
Oud of the day for me is my Indomalay. A beautiful aged oil distilled here in the UAE back in 1998 using high grade dust from Jayapura and Malaysia. This oil develops so differently depending on the weather it’s absolutely mind blowing, thank god I’ve just purchased the last ever bottle😅

Rahel

Resident Artisan
Can anyone guess what kind of oud oil that’s still on my wrist, after I’d Applied it last night at about 11pm which is still on my wrist at 8am? Here’s a clue
BE5F1CB8-9897-4689-94EE-C1DD6C11910B.png