well now gulf being like hell so oud season are off , now everyone in us or europe can attack royalty oud :p

jensz

Administrator
Staff member
well now gulf being like hell so oud season are off ' date=' now everyone in us or europe can attack royalty oud :p[/quote']
Hey Mandeel! I love to wear my oud oils in the heat, they come alive even more! Of course one has to be conscientious about innocent bystanders and wear, say, Borneo oil if you're amidst a crowd, and save the Hindis for solitary times.

jensz

Administrator
Staff member
good morning jensz ' date=' here in gulf no worry about oud smell because every one like it but I'm talking about 50c degree weather if i wear oud will be choked :)[/quote']
Mandeel, You were not exaggerating when you said gulf is like hell now! For me hot is more like 35 C (95 F). Not the 50C (122F) you have. Maybe even I wouldn't wear a Hindi in such temperatures. Maybe.

Today I went with Adam's Borneo Fera. It's a nice change from the heavy Hindis and Malaysians that I favor, but it's also got more complexity than your typical Borneo.

jensz well now i use thai oud like oud yusuf is nice and not heavy so i can enjoy use it but for indian or maroke i won't try it ever ! now they are sleepy in nice ac weather inside my lovely locker

what u mean about the borneo " more complexity"

see that lizard what happen to him in this days in saudia desert :)

peter4ptv

Oud yusuf was my first real oud purchase after reading some BN review about it (i think the person who write the review was on some serious drugs and the effect was from the drugs not from the oil)

somehow i get the first batch even purchase in October 2015 and was clearly stated on the site that i am getting second batch 2012 distillation i receive a bottle that says 2011. after checking around i found out that this was from the first batch.

well personally i don't like it at all (maybe my expectation was too high from reading the reviews about it) but pretty much i like much better any other of what i have try cultivated thai oud that is usually 1/3 of the price of yousuf .

Peter, LOL I'm sure they are just fans I think u can find same quality easy but u just need clean source and cheaper so far like Almas I didn't try from him but he make high quality plantations oud and u just need to age it u don't need the story LOL , the problem with many bn members they talk to much and in the end u find him he don't like the oil or he sale it many of them they don't give real review like Yunnan and OR85 I know many ppl hate it and some sale it or swap to anothers ...

Last edited by a moderator:

jensz

Administrator
Staff member
what u mean about the borneo " more complexity"
Good day Mandeel. What I mean is, on me anyway, Borneo oils tend to be very straight forward, with mostly a rather light woody aroma and little development or nuance. They are also very light on me (sometimes hard to detect). For this reason I don't usually find them very interesting (even though I enjoy them). But Adam's Borneo Fera has more going on: yes, it has the clean wood, but it's a heavier, more resinous wood, plus a little dried fruit (not sweet) and it does become very oudy like a Malaysian, with even a hint of oily leather in the deep, deep drydown. So Borneo Fera is interesting, and I hope that explains why it's more complex than Borneos often are. :)

Yeah, and no other shade in sight for that poor lizard. ): I'm glad those guys let him stay in the shade with them.

Thanks for the review jensz , I agree with you Borneo oils are not that strong aroma , the stronger one I find it with Indian oil

peter4ptv

Oudh Rakhawah by Al Shareef Oudh. I was nicely surprise smelling this oil was not your typical Borneo.

For me all Borneos I have tried before smelled the same to my nose I have tried: Borneo 2000, Kaliman Kalla, Borneo 50 K and Rasa Hutan.

Oudh Rakhawah smells really different from this oils, I am not good with notes so will not go there but I can say this oil is of Superb quality and last very long on my skin.

jensz

Administrator
Staff member
Today it's Kayu Cemerlang, an excellent 2014 oil Malaysian from JK / Rising Phoenix. Yesterday, I wore Ensar's Tigerwood 1995, also a Malaysian.

How do they compare? Both oils have the classic oudy-woody Malaysian aroma. But, the Kayu Cemerlang is ultimately brighter, "fresher," it has a bit of energizing astringency, perhaps because it is still a youngish oil. . . yet it still has woody depth. Tigerwood is a heavier and darker oil, I get heavy wood and incense at first, sometimes wafts of hazelnuts, and in the late, late drydown, when I breathe very deep, I get super-oudyiness almost like oily leather.

Really love both of these oils. I'll wear Kayu Cemerlang when I need a fix of Malaysian wood but have a physically active day ahead, and Tigerwood when I'll spend the day on quiet mental work.

I was fortunate enough to get Feel-Oud's Old School Malazi before it sold out; I can't wait for it to arrive so I can compare to these two Malaysians. Adam always comes up with something special.

Last edited by a moderator:

GN?

Oud yusuf was my first real oud purchase after reading some BN review about it (i think the person who write the review was on some serious drugs and the effect was from the drugs not from the oil)
somehow i get the first batch even purchase in October 2015 and was clearly stated on the site that i am getting second batch 2012 distillation i receive a bottle that says 2011. after checking around i found out that this was from the first batch.

well personally i don't like it at all (maybe my expectation was too high from reading the reviews about it) but pretty much i like much better any other of what i have try cultivated thai oud that is usually 1/3 of the price of yousuf .
I am really not a fan of oud Yusuf. Much to floral. It is truly a feminine oud. For some reason I have gotten a sample of Yusuf, thrown in with every other order from Ensar. Luckily my wife loves it so she has a small stock pile of Yusuf samples.

REE

Today I have been wearing Jumanten from AA . I love Gyrinops ouds of this style. GREEN! To me this is a in the same vien as oils like Kyara Sayang, Ketanangan and also Kinamantan. I would be interested to know if Kinamantan was distilled from Gyrinops wood like the others in this list.