Mr.P

oud<3er
Speaking of Aceh, I’m just applying a dab of an oil from this region distilled by agarwoodIndonesia back in early 2011. This is actually the very first oud oil that he distilled and sold.

The oil is warm and sweet in its fragrance, definitely vanilla, undertones, very syrupy somewhat musky with marine / ambergris notes. There is a certain dense sweetness that reminds me of an old Irian Jaya oil in my stash.

Originally this was a very top note oriented oil, and faded fairly quickly. We will see if it still comes across that way after 11+ years

I am getting wafts of pine resin-patchouli hybrid notes that aren’t exactly like either of those yet bring them to mind in terms of penetrating resin scent and deep earthy herbal leafy clean damp earth notes as well

Last edited:

Tilt

Oud Fanatic
I’ll join in the Aceh talk!

Yesterday evening some friends came over for dinner and I showed them my attars and ouds. They were both drawn to the two ouds I have from Aceh (Imperial Oud and Habzoud); they kept smelling the bottles and going back to them.

It was another moment that confirms my general experience of people being fascinated by, and attracted to, oud oils. I’ve never had any negative responses. Though I don’t own any heavily fermented barnyard things!

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
IO Aceh
Opens terpenic with bitter herbs, incense, and a little vanilla. Then later, the oudh is more revealed, like a mix of Indonesian and Kalimantan.
I haven’t tried agarwood from Aceh.
I think the chips I have are from Pekanbaru, fairly close to Aceh.
They’re chock full of terpenes indeed, if heated enough they will ignite🔥
love this one, and Habz' Aceh

I’ll join in the Aceh talk!

Yesterday evening some friends came over for dinner and I showed them my attars and ouds. They were both drawn to the two ouds I have from Aceh (Imperial Oud and Habzoud); they kept smelling the bottles and going back to them.

It was another moment that confirms my general experience of people being fascinated by, and attracted to, oud oils. I’ve never had any negative responses. Though I don’t own any heavily fermented barnyard things!

oooh, I've had a lot of bad reactions, even to stuff I find totally non-barny and 'safe'. Actually....I don't think anyone's given me anything more than a neutral reaction after smelling some oud

MYBK

Just Arrived
Speaking of Aceh, I’m just applying a dab of an oil from this region distilled by agarwoodIndonesia back in early 2011. This is actually the very first oud oil that he distilled and sold.

The oil is warm and sweet in its fragrance, definitely vanilla, undertones, very syrupy somewhat musky with marine / ambergris notes. There is a certain dense sweetness that reminds me of an old Irian Jaya oil in my stash.

Originally this was a very top note oriented oil, and faded fairly quickly. We will see if it still comes across that way after 11+ years

I am getting wafts of pine resin-patchouli hybrid notes that aren’t exactly like either of those yet bring them to mind in terms of penetrating resin scent and deep earthy herbal leafy clean damp earth notes as well
Some Wild Aceh Agarwood Chips With Me If You Interested.

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
JS Emperor of Tawi tawi

This time, it’s more green and some mint? I didn’t notice it the first time.

Do oils behave differently every time, or is it just our perception?
I believe they react with the temp of our skin as well as the surrounding local temp as well differently on each different day. Lots of things affect our perception through the nose.....

Rezwan

Kōdō Aesthetic
I still remember the scent of that oil, especially how it was obviously distilled from incense grade oudh.
Very high grade for sure. Price is high grade too 🙂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221220-150229.jpg
    Screenshot_20221220-150229.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 88
Second swipe of today,
going clean this time,
Jinkoh Store Emperor of Pursat.
Viscous like runny honey,
A hint of creamy vanilla to open,
slightly bitter, a touch acidic, resin,
berry-floral-candy-honey, mind buzz.
That touch of acidity and the resin makes me think I’m sniffing an aromatic piece of king grade Pursat oudh chip.
Clean and clear style indeed, slow progression, persistent power,
an enjoyable top tier oil.