SamiterkiW

Oud Fanatic
Hello Ouddicts :)

JS Royal Mamberamo
Habz Pursat Maliki

Such oils …
Both are my favorite oils in their regions !
Very addicting !

Pursat maliki is one of the best oil I smelled from Habzoud and the my favorite Cambodian oil with Kinabang !
Soo satisfying !

Royal Mamberamo is crazy… the fruity peels bitterness is so delicious !

Have Gooud swipe ;)

EO OM4

There’s Barn, but it gives the oil a good character, not a distraction.

Since I’ve been heating more than swiping, I’ve been getting used to pure agarwood profiles, so now, when I swipe, the other notes brought on by distillation become more apparent and subject to more scrutiny.

symbebekos

Oud Beginner
RPP Trashigang Dzong

Very interesting. Its got barn that seemed too much when I first tried but now seems a nice amount. Its got fruit (grilled pineapple or apricot jam). But most interesting: it has a distinct note of toasted cumin seeds that I find so nice with the more typical oudy-fruit-barn smell. It is distinct enough that I've been craving Samosas with cumin and tamarind just smelling it.

Tarik

20220525_113412.jpg

AbuNader

Oud Fan
Just received my order from Alhind Oud
Brunei gold

Very beautiful oil. Honey, sweet, and cool. I can see this one agiing really well.

Hindi Jadeed 1

This was a free sample and this one was absolutely stunning. Hay, spices, black tea, and florals. No barn and nothing fecal. Very beautiful oil! I hope this is still available whenever I do my next order.

symbebekos

Oud Beginner
green showdown:

Habz Zamarad2 right wrist
EO Green Papua 2019 left wrist

Both have an earthy petrichor thing going on. But Zamarad is more sparkling with a light sweetness (guava or melon) and an intoxicating headyness that could be likened to mineral oil or gasoline (which I love). Also a bit smoky and spicy. Wow.

Green Papua has more bitterness with its earth: suede, walnuts, mulch. I really like its earthy profile, but I find this oil a bit linear and unsurprising, like the various notes don't separate and come out in different levels at different times, but always kind of play the same chord when I smell it. Still, I like the chord quite a bit.

oud.time

Sandalwouddict
When I first started with oud Thai oils were my favorite. Then I moved on to Malaysian oils. Now I have found myself really enjoying Indian oils. This week I wore Raheeq, Algara and Hawa Jinko from Al Hashimi. I especially enjoy the drydown from Hawa Jinko because it smells exactly like some wood I have when heated low.

Today I am wearing Encens Prachin from the attar store. It is a very nice thai oil that has similar notes to some other quality thais I have smelled

Mr.P

oud<3er
I just touched a tiny speck of ASO Malek Al Malayzi which for some reason I ended up with a sample of several years ago. I remember this as a near perfect oil, but I haven’t worn it in years so I was wondering how my expectations would compare to reality. Exceeded my expectations once again.

This oil is perfectly aged - the fresh distilled fruity stuff is long gone
and the “well matured aspect” seems to permeate every molecule in the oil without any signs of rot or cheese or cat spit or gut bacteria. Inky dense oud like ASO crammed two bottles of oud into one.

Don’t know if this still exists but if you can afford it I would suggest you get some.Seems like “museum oud”

Loudover

Oud Fanatic
Today's swipe is EO Sri Supreme. Fresh and clean Walla patta. Fuming, oceanic with a tinge of orange somewhere. My only other srilankan oil is people's silani, compared to which this oil is so clean, not-at-all-fruity.

Borneo reborn - my first try of this region. Is this oud? It's like freshly pulled out grass roots, green moss on damp rotting log. I can get an equivalent experience with my oakmoss and patchouli oils. Borneo is not my cup of tea I guess. Does the Borneo kin or EO Borneo3000 smell similar to this?