EJayB

True Ouddict
Oud extraordinaire from EO ,
Honey glazed syrup, thick as old honey, I think this oil is not traditionally distilled seems more like a co2 extraction but I don’t think ensar would admit that but I’ve distilled enough and extracted enough to realize what’s what and What’s not😎
Still a nice economic oud

AbuTominaga

Oud Gangster
AA Old School Cambodi
OleFaktory 1st Thai (Very Berry Thai Cherry)

If I could describe AA OSC, It's like as if Taha extracted the fruity/dried fruits notes and drowned them in a sea of sinensis like woody pool. It does have an old school cambodi nuances indeed, those of the fruits. but there's no leather or fermentation to my nose, just dried fruits in a sea of yellow kinamic sinensis in a way! lovely. The notes are crystal clear (talk about AA) and very refined. I would say this is a Gourmet oud for someone who wants a light flash back of an old school Cambodi....he wants a reminder but doesn't really want the full course.

OleFaktory VBTC: man...this is something else! it's a very clean oil, but it's sooooo concentrated! it packs a punch! a very clean punch but it's heavy indeed! a ton of fruit/jam/dried fruit and berries. not Cambodis-like caramel though, but rather, berries and jam all drenched in crassna wood sweetness without the leather. to my nose, it's perfectly balanced. I'm personally not a big fan of ultra clean distillations, but I genuinely like this oil. I've never come across a Thai like that. If I were to be asked, I woulda guessed it had some Vietnamese wood in there. The scent is not your typical Thai at all. hats off, well done @EJayB :handok:

Last edited:

SamiterkiW

Oud Fanatic
Hello Ouddicts :)

Habz Pursat Maliki
Craft Oud Borneo king
The Oud Lab Merauke Shinrin

Pursat Maliki is going to be my favorite Cambodian oil !
I get Al Asad vibes, Altaws vibes, JS Cambodi essenza vibes, AA King K Nam vibe ! it’s multi faces oil…
Incensy, Strawberry milk, creamy Kinamic bitterness, powdery woodiness !
Just Sublime !!

Borneo king remind me almost identical White kinam from Ensar … it’s an old book vibe with vanilla incense and yellow flowers ! I get also some AA Royal Malinau intoxicating and sharp woodiness with nuts like almond and peanuts !
Amazing oil

Merauke Shinrin growing up to my heart …
At the first sniff I was not really fan as I don’t know merauke oils… but the smell in this oil isn’t just nice… the feeling is so beautiful ! Very satisfying ! Temple like !
It’s totally different than I alerady smelled from Oud oils … this smell herbal and woody, with hint of vanilla , coconut oil, incensy and just very pleasant ! Very interesting…
My nose need lots of education ! ^^

I wish you all a very Gooud swipe for the day :)

Peter Lee

Oud Beginner
The Oud Lab Cambodi Royal

Wearing this again, this time did a small swipe and then applied it to the collars of my shirt, and whatever that's left I dabbed it on my mask. I found that this oils projects strong on my skin, so by applying it on clothes it mellows out the projection of it, giving me a smooth traditional Cambodi vibes all day long.

MegaNuts

Oud Fan
Oud extraordinaire from EO ,
Honey glazed syrup, thick as old honey, I think this oil is not traditionally distilled seems more like a co2 extraction but I don’t think ensar would admit that but I’ve distilled enough and extracted enough to realize what’s what and What’s not😎
Still a nice economic oud
Hi EJayB

Can I ask what are the telltale signs? I dug it up after reading your post and it’s actually better than I recalled. The first time I smelled it I thought it was more “ordinare” than extraordinaire.

Right now I get delicious salted plum and a little toffee apple, rooibus tea, and spice. Like the CO2 Grandawood Triple Happiness, I see it’s thicker and a bit redder than average, and more prone to bead and leave a film on the skin. It’s still thinner than Russian Adams Burma Savage though, and the Grandawood is not all that thick as oils go. Is it the noticeable waxiness that gives this away then?

Fragrance wise it it does seem a bit flatter, not quite as resinous and less fume-y than average, but its not by much, and also it’s still much less so than the Grandawood.

UPDATE: an hour in the Ensar oil has lost all of its appealing gourmand notes. The Grandawood is doing better, retaining its deep cedar wood shaving scent.

Many thanks for the many insights you bring!

Last edited:

EJayB

True Ouddict
Hi EJayB

Can I ask what are the telltale signs? I dug it up after reading your post and it’s actually better than I recalled. The first time I smelled it I thought it was more “ordinare” than extraordinaire.

Right now I get delicious salted plum and a little toffee apple, rooibus tea, and spice. Like the CO2 Grandawood Triple Happiness, I see it’s thicker and a bit redder than average, and more prone to bead and leave a film on the skin. It’s still thinner than Russian Adams Burma Savage though, and the Grandawood is not all that thick as oils go. Is it the noticeable waxiness that gives this away then?

Fragrance wise it it does seem a bit flatter, not quite as resinous and less fume-y than average, but its not by much, and also it’s still much less so than the Grandawood.

UPDATE: an hour in the Ensar oil has lost all of its appealing gourmand notes. The Grandawood is doing better, retaining its deep cedar wood shaving scent.

Many thanks for the many insights you bring!
The thickness , from waxes
The bees wax scent profile
The liner scent
I could be wrong but I have seen a few Chinese co2 oil that are dead ringers to extraordinaire

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
Ceylon Royale from imperial Oud
As I contemplate my first Sri Lankan distillation this is what I strive towards ,as far as I’ve seen this my all time favorite from this region
one of my favourite oils - 2hrs or so in comes out this amazing cooling/blue note which high quality SL wood chips can emit. Beautiful.

Today I'm comparing @Habz786 (Habzoud)'s Ghazal 1 vs 2. On first swipe, #1 seems a bit brighter - 'zinger' whereas 2 is a bit deeper in feel. I swiped them like 10minutes ago ...and seemed to have gone fairly anosmic to them. Shouldn't have smelled up close so much1
This happens to me a lot with oud recently, very frustrating. Gives me the impression that oils don't last very long which I know is definitely not the case :( I've kicked back how much I spray my perfumes too, wearing 3-4 tiny spritzes instead of "full sprays"

man_in_japan

Oud Beginner
ASO shipment arrived today. Cracking open the sample of Hur.
Not too impressed on first whiff -- meh, organic Malaysian, what should I expect -- but 45 minutes in and whoooops. There we go. Check your preconceptions at the door. This is how much? From when? ASO is a magician. Like he says, Malaysian camphor with a Chinese medicinal twang. This is nearly up there with mid-tier AA oils, scent-wise.