Broey_J

Oud Fan
ASO Halawa

In my oud journey, I've sampled oils that range from $40/g, through ~$300/g. What I have found in particular is that pricier ouds generally contain notes that simply aren't found in low-end oils - there's a complexity that is missing, certainly owing to the quality of the wood (cultivated vs wild, inoculation method etc), but likely also distillation methods. They're completely different.

Halawa changes that. It has this metallic/pineapple/camphor/lemongrass/ginger narcotic accord that reminds me so, so much of Siam 4K top-notes. Proust Madeleine, has mentioned that it shares some DNA with ASO Jamaal, but is thinner and more flat. It lacks body and complexity over time, but I'm so, so impressed with what they've done here - created an affordable oud oil that stands on its own as a 'junior' sized premium oud, that anyone would be proud to have on their shelf. Very cool.

Proust Madeleine

True Ouddict
ASO Halawa

In my oud journey, I've sampled oils that range from $40/g, through ~$300/g. What I have found in particular is that pricier ouds generally contain notes that simply aren't found in low-end oils - there's a complexity that is missing, certainly owing to the quality of the wood (cultivated vs wild, inoculation method etc), but likely also distillation methods. They're completely different.

Halawa changes that. It has this metallic/pineapple/camphor/lemongrass/ginger narcotic accord that reminds me so, so much of Siam 4K top-notes. Proust Madeleine, has mentioned that it shares some DNA with ASO Jamaal, but is thinner and more flat. It lacks body and complexity over time, but I'm so, so impressed with what they've done here - created an affordable oud oil that stands on its own as a 'junior' sized premium oud, that anyone would be proud to have on their shelf. Very cool.
Completely agree. Fantastic stuff.

Castingshadows

@scentofsamadhi
I’m wearing Ukupan Kayu by Agar Aura today.

Anyone else wear this before? I swear it’s one of my favorite Malaysians I’ve worn although I haven’t worn nearly as many as some of y’all. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone talk about this oil before.

Is it similar to Tigerwood royale?
Not at all like TR.
I didn’t get a chance to know Malay Atique very well because I sold it immediately after I bought it. The strength was not enough for me, and I was up-front about that when I offered it for sale.

Then I had a little seller’s remorse afterwards, and wish I kept it, because there were some nice scents emanating from it.

Imran Memon

Just Arrived
Sotd : Brahmaputra 2 and Raja Megh by Tabeer Oud Umair Ansari Kashi I will try later..... But by sniffing Kaashi its is most sweetest at it extreme oil its is co distillation of Meghalaya Oud and Mysore Sandalwood Oil
Brahamputra 2 is more refined Oud oil from the region of Upper Assam .....It is created by heating Agalloca Resin hindi agarwood at an extreme low temperature.....It smells like musky flower heated on a incense burner with Oud at a low temperature......
Raja Megh ..... From Meghalaya agarwood is a pure Liquid GOLD .... It is a living legend animalic musky fennel Ceylon Cinnamon with Agallocha Agarwood DNA.....Base is highly resenious.....
214988768_10221440977787945_1062007093221168397_n.jpg

Castingshadows

@scentofsamadhi
Swiped some Halawa this morning. Malaysians might be my favorite region hands down. For a plantation oil this surely is one of the best on the market. If there’s something better for the price let me know because I won’t believe it until I see it!

I love when an oil is paradigm shifting. This whole week has been immersed in lower priced oils that feel like heavy weights.

Swiped some Halawa this morning. Malaysians might be my favorite region hands down. For a plantation oil this surely is one of the best on the market. If there’s something better for the price let me know because I won’t believe it until I see it!

I love when an oil is paradigm shifting. This whole week has been immersed in lower priced oils that feel like heavy weights.
I swiped Halawa on the left
Zamarad 2 on the right.
But I did my exercise, a load of laundry,
and had breakfast, so I’ll just offer a quickie comparison.
I’d place these oils in the same category, nice price, gently cooked, perfume.
Halawa presents a little more gusto, with a minty tinge, and has a little similarity to another plantation Malaysian that I’ve smelled. Many nice notes, so it’s surely a nice oil.
Zamarad 2, on the other hand, has more woodiness, and often smells like a Malaysian Oudh chip, and a slight oudy edge over Halawa.
Bottom line……
You can’t go wrong with either, almost a “no brainer” status with both oils.

Castingshadows

@scentofsamadhi
I swiped Halawa on the left
Zamarad 2 on the right.
But I did my exercise, a load of laundry,
and had breakfast, so I’ll just offer a quickie comparison.
I’d place these oils in the same category, nice price, gently cooked, perfume.
Halawa presents a little more gusto, with a minty tinge, and has a little similarity to another plantation Malaysian that I’ve smelled. Many nice notes, so it’s surely a nice oil.
Zamarad 2, on the other hand, has more woodiness, and often smells like a Malaysian Oudh chip, and a slight oudy edge over Halawa.
Bottom line……
You can’t go wrong with either, almost a “no brainer” status with both.
I need to get some Zamarad 2 in my life. I haven’t smelled a single Habz oil that I didn’t love or wish I owned. Especially for the price of Zamarad.

Does it have any of the creamy factor to it?

Proust Madeleine

True Ouddict
Having a Hong Kong Oud afternoon. Started with Fragrant Harbour Supreme(not my fav, reminds me of one of the Yuzhi Co2 oils that didn’t hit me as much... 4? Not sure)... then some of Jinkoh Store’s Emperor G... now a bit of Hailam Kilam by Oriscent.

Hailam and Emperor are both rocking my world. The Jinkoh Store oil is sweeter and easier... the Oriscent oil is buzzy Kinam and hot spices. Both dry down to that perfect musky Chinese Oud base. Double thumbs up. Two of the best I own.