Youssef

Oud Fan
Hi Youssef, unfortunately I don't have it at hand right now. Maybe I can give it another spin later tonight and compare it to another Sri Lankan oil. Did you by chance take their latest Thaqeel oil? I missed that one, but that one looked amazing.
I did not, I got onto the site around 30 minutes after it opened, and that oil was already sold out. That would be wonderful, would love to hear your thoughts! I was so surprised that kangiiten (KZ) was selling these oils for as low as they were, wonder how he can make these oils 4x cheaper than the competition. I am very thankful that he can, though, as I don't have the largest oud budget since I'm still in college!

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
Today it was a tiny dab of Altaws by Habzoud. It was just beautiful in that amount. The smaller dab just shines when the smell pops up. At the bottom of the bottle some black residue was now visible. Does anyone know what it could be, can it be from something like water getting in?

I followed it up with Fawz, also by Habzoud. It is very green, floral, a bit sour, and creamy sandalwood. The drydown showcase more of a dry traditional sandalwood but some green nuances still persist. I like it, but it is not a typical Mysore profile for me, that I got used to.

So today it was Habz, Altaws and Fawz also. Altaws remains fantabulous :D
mine too actually!
I've just swiped Mesoud's Bulungan, bit pointless really as I'm just getting over a very short cold and my sense of smell is a bit shot - and I'm leaving work shortly to go ride my bike for an hour before a martial arts class!
I've applied under and on top my chin and hoping that my helmet strap doesn't wipe it all off

Last edited:

-Renton-

True Ouddict
No.1 Burma by @SULAYM. I got a tiny sample, enough for 1 swipe unless I can somehow get the rest out without making it thin. Anyway, I tried it finally today, it has been there for months and OMG. I love this oud already, it starts off with a nice (almost barny) resin note, purple berry hue, that is very intense and feels like it doesn't know how to evolve, but it does, after 15-20 mins those notes slowly die down and you get notes of very fine, vintage tobacco, like a nice Cuban (I used to smoke cigars, not anymore though so I know that cigar smell, it is a favourite scent of mine, I love it. Other notes are of very smokey, wood with a blonde hue, with a caramel scent (thats where I think the blonde comes in), it is very similar to burning the Sumatra I have in a way, I also got notes of chocolate fleeting here and there. Also some sweetish, sour like notes too, and I can smell something that I have smelled only 2 times, once in an Indian incense stick and 2nd in an attar... Hina!!! or is it Heena? Not sure.

Beautiful oil and should pick up 0.25g as soon as I can. Hopefully not too long away.

Simla House

True Ouddict
Checking in on Kyara Zen’s 2018 Kalakassi which I’ve had stored away for 6 years. It’s settling down quite nicely. All the original sour notes have calmed right down. Tart berries, caramel/chocolate, and hay. Not bombastic, and staying close to the skin. 👍

Attachments

• IMG_5822.jpeg
    IMG_5822.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 29

Rai Munir

Musk Man
mine too actually!
I've just swiped Mesoud's Bulungan, bit pointless really as I'm just getting over a very short cold and my sense of smell is a bit shot - and I'm leaving work shortly to go ride my bike for an hour before a martial arts class!
I've applied under and on top my chin and hoping that my helmet strap doesn't wipe it all off
It might be the aftermaths of WORKOUT posted on Insta.

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Hindi Gold by An Najwa
Khlouq by ASO

When non soaked Hindustan 1 by AA and Shah Jahan by IO had been offered, within days they had become the mosy sought after oils. This Hindi Gold is reincarnation of Hindustan 1 and Shah Jahan.
Attar and ASO, no match, man. A sample was lying there in the cupboard. Though it is the end of sample vial, but the impression would last.

Last edited:

Mr.P

oud<3er
I applied a swipe of mesoud’s pursat today. This is a very innocent oud - sweet, candy-like, jammy when it opens, no cheese or obvious funk or ferment to my nose, and this oil has a peculiar aroma that I associate with other cambodian crassna oils i have enjoyed. I don’t know what the word is for this note or how to describe it… this same note is also very evident in the old Oudimentary “CFO” oud so I have been smelling this note for a while… completely stumped in terms of how to describe it.

One nice thing about this oil is it lacks the weird sour-insect note that shows up in my young thai crassnas and one wild oil I recently bought. It also doesn’t have any of the odd flat wet wood note that is strong in nearly every other gulf style Crassna i have smelled.

mesOUD

Resident Artisan
I applied a swipe of mesoud’s pursat today. This is a very innocent oud - sweet, candy-like, jammy when it opens, no cheese or obvious funk or ferment to my nose, and this oil has a peculiar aroma that I associate with other cambodian crassna oils i have enjoyed. I don’t know what the word is for this note or how to describe it… this same note is also very evident in the old Oudimentary “CFO” oud so I have been smelling this note for a while… completely stumped in terms of how to describe it.

One nice thing about this oil is it lacks the weird sour-insect note that shows up in my young thai crassnas and one wild oil I recently bought. It also doesn’t have any of the odd flat wet wood note that is strong in nearly every other gulf style Crassna i have smelled.
Now wild version of this is also available,from same distiller

TheOudDood

Not that Brandon
Fragrant Harbour and Tigerwood from The Attar Store.

Side by side, the differences in the oils really pop. I get almost an entirely different experience from the Tigerwood as compared to when I wear it by itself.

By itself the Tigerwood leans more into the sweet side of Malay but next to Frag harbour, more of the earthy herbaceous bitter, slightly toasted profile is apparent.

Frag harbour on the other hand, literally and figuratively, pops with a crystalline classic Hainan profile. Reminds of me of the clarity of Hailam LTD with the punch of Royal Kinam 2.0, with a potency that I can actually taste in the back of my throat/back of tongue when I inhale it deeply.

-Renton-

True Ouddict
A big fat swipe so large that the oil was a little bit over the 0.5ml mark, but still a good amount and now it is down at 0.5ml, so I used quite a lot. This is an amazing oil, after trying SULAYMS HM Malay, which is also impeccable, I think that along with more experience with different oud oils and even sandalwood oils, my nose has been polished and refined a little more, but each time I smell another oil and especially more impeccable artisanal oils and even plantation, like this, Malaysian Prince from www.pureoudh.com is an amazing malaccensis oil.
NOTE: I have had this oil for months btw!!!
It starts off with a strong, rich, resinous and woody note, super sweet resin (but not sickly sweet at all), the woody note is amazing, I love those notes. After around 15-20 mins, we got into the heart notes. The resin is always in the background (I am still early only applied it about an hour ago) its as if the resin note is releasing all the other notes. Notes of smokey agarwood burning incense, very creamy and chocolatey, woody, spicy (the spice note I picked up on smelled similar to the spices use in Tokusen by Baieido lol, weird), these notes come and go and sometimes take a short break and the smell is just a sweet resinous note, but all the complex notes always come back. I get purple AND red hues, like purple and red berries. And I know how this oil ends, usually a soft, powdery floral notes, until its gone.

I would definitely recommend this oil, it does kind of have a very light barnyardyness to it, but it is very light, and only come in here and there.

If you want to try here is the link; https://www.pureoudh.com/shop/oils/pure-oud-oil/malaysian-prince/

Mr.P

oud<3er
Now wild version of this is also available,from same distiller

Must be a treat. is it similar to the plantation oil in any way or is the wild stuff quite different?

I am getting this wonderful scintillating wood note from it at the moment that is hard to stop smelling. This particular note has always been most evident in Cambodian oils that I have smelled, and I think some agallocha as well. I don’t know if it’s a matter of technique or source material but it is really delicious.

Mr.P

oud<3er
Zamrad II again. Multiple layers of intriguing incense, wood, woodlands, resin, pastry(?). This one really strikes me in terms of different interesting things hitting me at different times in a “stacked” sense. The layers are there throughout, but I perceive different ones depending on how I sniff and how humid the air is etc.

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
Agalloch Fera by Tabeer Oud. Very nice Hindi! Old school barn but without the animal aspect - it's funky and barny yet toned down

Funny aside - I'm in a group chat on facebook with a few friends who attend a festival together (mainly 'metal' music). We recently all filled in an anonymous form with the name of an album that we've been listening to and are then randomly assigned someone else's album - a way to just check out some new music randomly
I was given an album by a band called Agalloch! I've been aware of them for ages and never listened to them and only now the name connection struck me!
The band profile says the name is based on a fragrant wood. Funny ole' world, eh

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
70s Burmese & 90s Royal Malay from Sulaym
sense of smell still shit so not much to say, but a younger woman in work said "ah you're wearing that perfume that smells like a museum floor again...but not in a bad way! I like it" - I got her to smell the back of both hands and it's the Malay. She wrinkled her face at the Burmese 🤣
seems pretty tame to me