Tauhid Shaikh

True Ouddict
Sending samples to a friend. A mix of all the ouds and other blends all over. The rooms and hands smell so good Alhamdullilah.

Attachments

• 40C95AA8-6E4A-4CDF-B067-C27B3DEF3C54.jpeg
    40C95AA8-6E4A-4CDF-B067-C27B3DEF3C54.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 138
I put a tiny amount of Kham Lao (KL) in an amber vial and have been sniffing from it for months. Gave a vial to a coworker who said her fiance loved it. It is incredible how much KL changes over a few weeks into pure bliss. I feel bad for people who were put off from first impressions. This oil becomes awesome over time.

Last edited:

Taesik Yun

Attar Yun
Staff member
Wearing an incense grade clean Nagaland oil from my friend in India. I think that clean Kalakassi note in a non-soaked unfermented Hindi just sings so beautifully. I enjoy it even more than Kinam.

Florals, spices, tendrils of smoke and suede. So beautiful. Not to mention the hay note! Wow.
We need more clean Nagaland! 😍

Proust Madeleine

True Ouddict
So I had an emergency double root canal after breaking a tooth so bad that the shards broke the tooth next to it. There goes any Oud budget I had for the next quarter at least!

that being said, I’m going at it with no painkillers (since I’m a recovered addict)—- I’m gonna go for my most soothing Oud. Help me pick one:
EO Hainan 05
Kinam Rouge
Hailam Kilam
Borneo 50k
Oud Yusuf
Green Papua
Nha Trang LTD
Kyara LTD
—————
AA Suka Cita
Mahkota
Pursat 4K
Kham Lao
Lao 4k
Cintaku
Myanma Gold
———
IO Nha Trang Ultima
Pontiniak 2020
———-
Habz Asad (Pursat)
Al Janah (Hindi)
———
Feel Oud 777

These are the ones that give me the best chill out vibes. I want to sink into the couch and watch a dumb action movie until I fall asleep(any suggestions on movies, hit me with those too).

thanks friends! :praying:

Tauhid Shaikh

True Ouddict
So I had an emergency double root canal after breaking a tooth so bad that the shards broke the tooth next to it. There goes any Oud budget I had for the next quarter at least!

that being said, I’m going at it with no painkillers (since I’m a recovered addict)—- I’m gonna go for my most soothing Oud. Help me pick one:
EO Hainan 05
Kinam Rouge
Hailam Kilam
Borneo 50k
Oud Yusuf
Green Papua
Nha Trang LTD
Kyara LTD
—————
AA Suka Cita
Mahkota
Pursat 4K
Kham Lao
Lao 4k
Cintaku
Myanma Gold
———
IO Nha Trang Ultima
Pontiniak 2020
———-
Habz Asad (Pursat)
Al Janah (Hindi)
———
Feel Oud 777

These are the ones that give me the best chill out vibes. I want to sink into the couch and watch a dumb action movie until I fall asleep(any suggestions on movies, hit me with those too).

Miracle in cell # 7 on Netflix, not an action or dumb movie, but a very good movie. Emotional. Why waste time of dumb movies.

All the best dealing with the pain and I wish you overcome the pain soon. I couldn’t imagine baring that pain, I took strong painkillers for straight 15 days.

Al Janah or Oud Yousuf.

EO Hainan 05
Kinam Rouge
Hailam Kilam
Borneo 50k
Oud Yusuf
Green Papua
Nha Trang LTD
Kyara LTD
—————
AA Suka Cita
Mahkota
Pursat 4K
Kham Lao
Lao 4k
Cintaku
Myanma Gold
———
IO Nha Trang Ultima
Pontiniak 2020
———-
Habz Asad (Pursat)
Al Janah (Hindi)
———
Feel Oud 777

Yikes! Have a speedy recovery.

Proust Madeleine

True Ouddict
Miracle in cell # 7 on Netflix, not an action or dumb movie, but a very good movie. Emotional. Why waste time of dumb movies.

All the best dealing with the pain and I wish you overcome the pain soon. I couldn’t imagine baring that pain, I took strong painkillers for straight 15 days.

Al Janah or Oud Yousuf.
Thank you friend. I try not to waste a good movie when I won’t appreciate it! That’s how I end up watching xfiles reruns or season 3,456 of greys anatomy lol.

Mr.P

oud<3er
Grandawood "tripple happiness" (sic) co2 of wild sinensis wood, so the description says. Nice rich co2 with many properties of oud essential oil. Unlike other co2 oils this does not come across as heavy oud wood thick waxy scent. It has some of that, but it also has strong floral oud top notes almost reminiscent of violet along with tangy and tart and bitter sweet classic oudy notes. Their "zen path" co2 oil is much less tangy but fades to a nice sweet rich oud base.

also got their sampler of cultivated oud oils. It's an eye opener to me. They have quite a range of profiles in these oils from dank fermented stuff reminding me a little of a yunnan oil to more typical smooth sweet Thai oils. Lots of interesting notes reminding me of various Indonesian and Malaysian profiles. Not fully expressed as it would be in wild oud but a wider range of profiles than I was expecting from the set of cultivated oils. I I have no idea how these cultivated samples relate to the other oils that are changing hands out there but I would think that this set of six samples would be educational to anyone who is a collector. I wonder what the wild oils smell like? Based on the scents in this cultivated sampler pack I'm guessing they have some pretty nice stuff.

Andrew Salkin

it's aboud time!
Staff member

EO Hainan 05
Kinam Rouge
Hailam Kilam
Borneo 50k
Oud Yusuf
Green Papua
Nha Trang LTD
Kyara LTD
—————
AA Suka Cita
Mahkota
Pursat 4K
Kham Lao
Lao 4k
Cintaku
Myanma Gold
———
IO Nha Trang Ultima
Pontiniak 2020
———-
Habz Asad (Pursat)
Al Janah (Hindi)
———
Feel Oud 777

Hold the phone. Didn't you just start this hobby like 6 months ago! Lol

What a spiffy collection you have in short time frame. Love it!

Mustafa

True Ouddict

EO Hainan 05
Kinam Rouge
Hailam Kilam
Borneo 50k
Oud Yusuf
Green Papua
Nha Trang LTD
Kyara LTD
—————
AA Suka Cita
Mahkota
Pursat 4K
Kham Lao
Lao 4k
Cintaku
Myanma Gold
———
IO Nha Trang Ultima
Pontiniak 2020
———-
Habz Asad (Pursat)
Al Janah (Hindi)
———
Feel Oud 777

I wish you fast recovery brother. My pick would be Hainan 05, IO NT Ultima and Al Janah and if you have any wild Kalakasi, that should also help.

Castingshadows

@scentofsamadhi
I couldn’t sleep so I went on a midnight walk under the moon and decided to wear Ghazal by Habzoud. I think fans of Tigerwood 90 and TWR will LOVE this oil.

It opens with freshly tanned calf skin supported by notes of black licorice, anise, mentholated pepper and a soft hint of fizzy greenness . TW90 was a bit astringent and chaotic in the opening and Ghazal feels as if you took out a lot of that intense chaos and smoothed it with a gorgeous black leather note followed by classically aged Oud. This isn’t the leather you’d find in a Hindi with strong barnyard notes either. There’s an oozing warmth in the core that feels like black ambergris and deer musk.

Camphor and musk slowly meld into an antique wooden heart. The wood is both warm and vintage but never turns into varnish or wood polish. Instead it smells like an old bookshelf that maybe sat next to a fireplace. Whisps of smoke permeate the books with a subtle nod to a smoldering ember.

Overall this an oil that feels like a bottomless pit of depth and something you don’t see too often. There’s no fruits, sweetness, honey or anything cheerful. This is somber and reflective. I never really think about settings to wear an oil but I’d imagine this would work well in a nice suit and and polished shoes.

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Hello Respected brother Rai Munir,
Curious to know how strong that tincture is!! What is the ratio on it?
Very very strong! An empty pod and with some grains.

I collected only 11 ml tincture. The one I wore was sticky one with the jar in which I filtered tincture and made the ethanol evaporate. This is why it is crazy strong. I don't think someone else could wear it.

Proust Madeleine

True Ouddict
Hold the phone. Didn't you just start this hobby like 6 months ago! Lol

What a spiffy collection you have in short time frame. Love it!
A bunch are sample sizes! And I started buying Oud about 2, 2.5 years ago. 6 months ago is when I joined ouddict and decided to try and learn more than Ensar, RPP, and feel Oud (all my earlier ouds). I didn’t even know there were different species until joining here!

thanks for all the advice. I slept well in a cloud of Hainan. And thanks for the well wishes friends. I feel much better this morn.

Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
I couldn’t sleep so I went on a midnight walk under the moon and decided to wear Ghazal by Habzoud. I think fans of Tigerwood 90 and TWR will LOVE this oil.

It opens with freshly tanned calf skin supported by notes of black licorice, anise, mentholated pepper and a soft hint of fizzy greenness . TW90 was a bit astringent and chaotic in the opening and Ghazal feels as if you took out a lot of that intense chaos and smoothed it with a gorgeous black leather note followed by classically aged Oud. This isn’t the leather you’d find in a Hindi with strong barnyard notes either. There’s an oozing warmth in the core that feels like black ambergris and deer musk.

Camphor and musk slowly meld into an antique wooden heart. The wood is both warm and vintage but never turns into varnish or wood polish. Instead it smells like an old bookshelf that maybe sat next to a fireplace. Whisps of smoke permeate the books with a subtle nod to a smoldering ember.

Overall this an oil that feels like a bottomless pit of depth and something you don’t see too often. There’s no fruits, sweetness, honey or anything cheerful. This is somber and reflective. I never really think about settings to wear an oil but I’d imagine this would work well in a nice suit and and polished shoes.

I think i need to get you to write my Oud descriptions!!!

Tilt

Oud Fanatic
Habzoud - Mutahid

I normally swipe ouds on my wrist in the evening so I can study and think about them. But today I decided to swipe the sides of my neck as I really enjoy the sillage of this one. It’s as if some smells are too dense to appreciate up close and need to reach the nose unexpectedly and in the air. This is a good solid oil that seems dark and brown, but has slight toffee sweetness (maybe the Crassna part of the distillation).

I always ask people around me what they think of whatever I’m wearing and this is definitely one of the most popular.