Taesik Yun

Attar Yun
Staff member
End day with khemer2020 Al Hashimi - very nice oil ,need to try again next days
Very wearable and lovely oil. it's getting sweeter with age.

RPP Terengganu Ant...
Wow, this one is a beauty. Opens with a chocolatey woodiness, progresses through some light citrus and bitter herbs before settling on a cola and resin base. 6 hours in now and I'm impressed. It's a mini world tour of oud.
The chocolatey woodiness is the unique scent of ant-bittern wood I believe. this oil is very complex indeed. I don't get the much or Malaysian vibe from it.

Oud Yaseen - A delightful Crassana oil, graceful like its name.
Opens sweet, floral and a touch of barn. Last for a long time on the skin. I have found myself going to this very often in the recent times.
I had my eyes on this vendor for a while. maybe I should give it a try.

treetime

Just Arrived
EO Hainan 2005 - interesting to try this after normally using AA oud oils. I guess this would be more trad, not such a clean top note focus. Loved it for the first several hours, and could see benefits over AA with a bigger range, more wild, less pure. Later in the drydown the more solvent like notes led to me loving it less.

EO Kinam Rouge - nice but I didn’t like it as much as the Hainan. Similar process of I liked the first half, and could see benefits over AA approach. But on this one the latter half was more solvent like notes that weren’t particularly enjoyable.

Note: I am not an oud expert so take my opinions with grains of salt.

Tauhid Shaikh

True Ouddict
Very wearable and lovely oil. it's getting sweeter with age.

The chocolatey woodiness is the unique scent of ant-bittern wood I believe. this oil is very complex indeed. I don't get the much or Malaysian vibe from it.

I had my eyes on this vendor for a while. maybe I should give it a try.
I would be curious to know your expert opinion about the oil. He has a good Scara and Castoreum tincture. I have some sample coming my way from the vendor.

Last edited:

Proust Madeleine

True Ouddict
EO Hainan 2005 - interesting to try this after normally using AA oud oils. I guess this would be more trad, not such a clean top note focus. Loved it for the first several hours, and could see benefits over AA with a bigger range, more wild, less pure. Later in the drydown the more solvent like notes led to me loving it less.

Note: I am not an oud expert so take my opinions with grains of salt.

the more time you spend with Hainan 05, the more you will love it. This is one Oud that I wish I had bought at the time. I have maybe .15 left of it and it’s become one of my top 3 oils I’ve ever encountered.

if anyone is ever looking to sell this one, you know who to DM! ;-)

Tauhid Shaikh

True Ouddict
Only sharp camphor ,or it has all the notes of gyrinops spectrum ,if yes ..i would like to try it [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
I sense only the sharp Camphor. I did not find this to be very impressive. On the other hand, the Sumbawa Gyrinops offered by him is a good one with all notes of Gyrinops.

Proust Madeleine

True Ouddict
AA Pursat 4K
Habz Asad (Pursat)

interesting to contrast these two oils. Both gen3 clean style. 4K is sweeter more honey golden sweet in the top and the top lasts a bit longer than the Habz. Habz transitions quicker into that classic Pursat base that I always love when burning chips. Habz oil is a bit wilder, seems less refined but maybe it benefits from that—- you get more oomph and more darkness in Asad. The Oud in Asad is OUD. Taha’s version has that AA feel first and foremost. I like them both quite a bit. But I also really like Pursat oils.

Castingshadows

@scentofsamadhi
Crassna Wulong from the “other” AA

This has been getting better with age. It has such a golden, furry texture to it and reminds me of some Chinese oils I’ve sampled recently. Zakir always has a way with sourcing interesting oils. In a way it’s kind of barny in the opening and it stays pretty linear. One client said it smelled fruity, another said it smelled like incense. Another friend said it smelled like motor oil? Love it!