1. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE FORUM WILL UNDERGO A MIGRATION AND MAJOR CHANGE IN DECEMBER 2020 AND JANUARY 2020. PLEASE BEAR WITH US. WE WILL TRY TO KEEP THE DISRUPTION TO A MINIMUM. THE CHANGES SHOULD RESULT IN A MUCH IMPROVED AND RESPONSIVE SITE. SOME OF THE DATA ON THE FORUM THAT IS ASSOCIATED WITH ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE LAYERED ON THE FORUM PLATFORM WILL BE LOST - FOR EXAMPLE TRADER FEEDBACK. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oud Of The Day/Night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by jalil, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Andrew Salkin

Andrew Salkin it's aboud time! Staff Member

Aa sutera sumba - a cool gyrinops oil. Very light - say compared to gyrinops 0. This would be a more airy top note driven version. It's pine lemon lime green smell reminds me somewhat of fan ze long (I know, not even the same species but still) it has a pettigrain bitter citrusy thing happening

Aa dao - another cool one. Still kinda "light" to my nose. I think I dig the profile. It's shades darker than kham lao. Less honey too and more bitter root. It also has more of that obvious laos feel than kham lao. It's less sweet for sure. Personally I think this has more in common with Vietnamese oils where kham lao is more Chinese.

Eo guallam 1 - definitely yells quality. While it's not as loud as I'd like, I can see why folks would like it. It's super confident smelling. Reddish bitter with a hint of sweet. Off the cap kinda piercing tone. Very complex. Has a note I've never smelled before - honestly this oil period, isn't like anything I've smelled before so it's hard to make connections. It's not like the usual Vietnamese profiles I've smelled.

Aa layali - an oud rose attar. Idk why but rose just never seems to be my thing. This one smells better than most oud rose combos I've smelled but I always seem to get those kinda cleaning product smell from it. I like this tho bc you can actually still smell the oud instead of the rose just eating it

Eo marauke Ceylon - killer oil, and off the cap, the marauke part is more obvious to me than when it's on skin. For the money, I think I'd rather get single origin type oils vs codistillations like this. I don't really think these two are "made for each other" in any special way.

Oudamberlove, Bilal, Dan and 2 others like this.
  2. EJayB

EJayB True Ouddict

sounds like a fragrant day!

Andrew Salkin and iori like this.
  3. Rezwan

Rezwan Oud Fan

Agar Aura: Kham Lao

What a beauty, I'm just in bliss wearing this tonight. :rolleyes:

4. Dan

Dan True Ouddict

EO Kinam Rouge

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Oudamberlove and iori like this.
  5. Taesik Yun

Taesik Yun True Ouddict Staff Member

Al Hashimi - Kakaya
    a combo of Cambodi, Malay. fruity, resinous, woody. Malik says it smells like a jackfruit but I've never smelled jackfruit so I can't tell about that.
    but it does smell like a Malaysian fruit. not mind-blowing, but pleasant, relaxing.

6. Brandon

Brandon Oud Fanatic

EO Suriranka Senkoh 2.0

Dan, Oudamberlove and iori like this.
  7. Andrew Salkin

Andrew Salkin it's aboud time! Staff Member

EO Maroke Ceylon - JUST KIDDING. I liked without having tried a full swipe. It's bangin. and it makes sense the. combo even through the walla portion does most of the shining.

for all the hate he gets for having a mack truck sized ego and being against competition, they sure do put out some bangers.... makes it hard to hate on for too long :) we live in a world of grey I
    I'm changing my review for maroke ceylon. It's actually really good. I can see better the artistic decision to mix these two - the walla still does dominate but compared to a straight walla oil, this has a stronger base and backbone. It rounds out the walla which can sometimes be a bit fruity and sweet and gives it a more mature lasting effect. Checking the site it looks like this is the most discounted oil on there. At 500 a bottle this shouldn't be ignored. At 1000, idk. But take that with a grain of salt bc i personally can't afford and wouldn't spend that on an oil anyway....

Dan, iori, Oudamberlove and 1 other person like this.
  8. opixs

opixs Oud Fan

Borneo Zen for this cold Monday evening.

Tarik, Bryan-I, Dan and 3 others like this.
  9. Dan

Dan True Ouddict

TajOud M208 + Bortnikoff's Amber Cologne to layer

Happy scent bubble around me

Oudamberlove, Tarik and Hosayn like this.
  10. Brandon

Brandon Oud Fanatic

EO Kyara Koutan
    EO Purple Kinam

11. iori

iori N00bHead

EO Ertugrul Gazi

punmaster, Oudamberlove and Dan like this.
  12. opixs

opixs Oud Fan

AA - Indah Sumbawa

Very musky tones, deep and enchanting oil.

Oudamberlove, iori and Dan like this.
  13. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

IO super f-ing hoi an on my beard. Cultivated kinam on the subitism. Perfect bittersweet sinensis Japanese incense cloud all day. Calming... makes me breathe deep.

Oudamberlove and Dan like this.
  14. Dan

Dan True Ouddict

Agar Aura - Luang

Really fixes me with Bitter Sweet Kinamic notes.

Oudamberlove and iori like this.
  15. Bijal Madhani

Bijal Madhani Whats this Oud About?

Has anyone tried ASO’s Modhesh? Views pls!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Bijal Madhani

Bijal Madhani Whats this Oud About?

Luvly indeed! Lucky to own one of ASO jewels!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taesik Yun likes this.
  17. Castingshadows

Castingshadows True Ouddict

I’m wearing Jinko again by our lovely resident Elixir Attar.

Jinko is starting to take shape and I really feel like this composition is starting to balance and round itself out. The first wearing was a bit Barn like with deep red Cambodian vibes. This time around I’m getting more ripe fruits and berries. The Siberian musk grains are starting to bind to the Oud and the overall profile is becoming sweeter and smoother. Really interesting stuff.

Himanshu Sharma, Dan, iori and 2 others like this.
  18. Rezwan

Rezwan Oud Fan

Ensar Oud: Oud Shuayb

The most beautiful Hindi oud I have smelled in my life. I did smell quiet a few Hindi ouds, but Oud Shuayb is hypnotic and a sniff of it will send you to heaven. As the hours go by I am surrounded by this glowing heavenly fragrance, Oud Shuayb will take you to the mysterious lands of the Arabia filled with aromatic spices, soft-incense burning in the souq bazaars under the glowing evening sunset, florals dripped in wild honey, and the lightly-worn saddle of your Arabian horse. I wish I can grab a bottle of this masterpiece soon. And guess what it's already aged for 9 years, very special oil, once gone it will be legend.

Himanshu Sharma, opixs, Dan and 3 others like this.
  19. Brandon

Brandon Oud Fanatic

EO Hailam LTD

Dan, iori and Oudamberlove like this.
  20. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

IO super hoi an on one wrist

feel oud bio thai on the other

My nose in the middle...

Oudamberlove, Dan and Taesik Yun like this.

Promote Oud!