1. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE FORUM WILL UNDERGO A MIGRATION AND MAJOR CHANGE IN DECEMBER 2020 AND JANUARY 2020. PLEASE BEAR WITH US. WE WILL TRY TO KEEP THE DISRUPTION TO A MINIMUM. THE CHANGES SHOULD RESULT IN A MUCH IMPROVED AND RESPONSIVE SITE. SOME OF THE DATA ON THE FORUM THAT IS ASSOCIATED WITH ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE LAYERED ON THE FORUM PLATFORM WILL BE LOST - FOR EXAMPLE TRADER FEEDBACK. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oud Of The Day/Night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by jalil, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Only sniffs today,
    ASO Jamaal and Jibaal.
    I’ll wait for the proper moment to swipe.
    But I’ll tell ya,
    Jibaal made me think of OM5 minus the fruits,
    with a powerful Hindi fueling it.

Bijal Madhani, Dan, rojas and 2 others like this.
  2. punmaster

punmaster Oud Fanatic

Jibal is unreleased?

3. rojas

rojas Junior Member

Yes to some extent but here the bitterness is sharp and swirls with the cola note with a airy woodiness unlike the vanilla honey elements of vietnamese

Proust Madeleine and punmaster like this.
  4. punmaster

punmaster Oud Fanatic

NOICE!

rojas likes this.
  5. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

I think so.

6. Dan

Dan True Ouddict

ASO Al Malek Al Ceeni

Not a big fan of Hainan oils but this one is special. From top to mid to base it clearly shows the wood used is top tier.

I wish I could afford a bottle of this gem.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

7. Andrew Salkin

Andrew Salkin it's aboud time! Staff Member

In my head, I keep telling myself I'm saving this one to buy for a big life event. Mind you it's the ONLY oil I've ever had the luxury of trying in this price range. Besides this, I've only ever tried 400-600 range. This one jumped a few tiers and it's obvious.

This oil is 3D!

8. Proust Madeleine

Proust Madeleine True Ouddict

Assam Aggarwood
    Panbari Reserve

Oudamberlove, Ryan and Dan like this.
  9. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

Your instinct is right this oil is special. He personally is the only oil at this price point that I've ever thought seriously about buying a sample of. The sample that I had was gifted to me. I haven't smelled a single other oil that I felt would be as worth having just .1 g on hand for as a reference. Some of this has to do with my own associations and preferences, as this one smells like one rare oil I encountered a very long time ago...and I've never seen it's like since except for this.

10. Andrew Salkin

Agreed - it's a gem. And has this strange effect when i smell it. Like I just ate a big meal or something. I can't explain it. I just feel satiated in this odd way.

In other news. 2 new oils Id like to review - samples arrived today courtesy of @EJayB

CK - cultivated kindness. Steam distilled from cultivated sinesis trees - with not bs innoculation or otherwise weird methods of producing resin/oil. This smells really good - hyper clean, and just like a Chinese chip on low heat. No smoke or soaking notes of any kind just crystal clear sinesis smell. Totally cool and for the price, it really beats out the competition in this price range. Florals and Yellow with bittersweetness that maybe you could mistake for a Vietnamese oil

Sri Lankan 2020 - not sure if @EJayB named this bad boy yet. Its got character. Goes the route of oud royale walla version in that it's darker incense heavy walla oil with a tinge of a fermented note on the front end but not in the "staining" cloying way you get from some soaked oils. Lots of camphor and resin smell and then dries to reveal an oceanic undertone. Color? Maybe a darkish purple?

Also lucky to try his cultivated kinam which smells great. I've smelled it before but it was a nice reminder that you can get a taste of the good stuff without spending an arm or a leg. Does it smell like real kinam, yeah - it will remind you of it for sure, but no, its not exactly the same volume. I like it bc the oil content is high so on low heat it can last a long time.

Oudamberlove, Bilal and Taesik Yun like this.
  11. Mr.P

The CK was sinensis?!? never crossed my mind… I have to smell it again if i can find my sample vial.

Found it. Got to be Thai I think...

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    Taesik Yun and Andrew Salkin like this.
  12. Andrew Salkin

@EJayB i think so - with the bitterness and slight sweetness - the fact that it's a steam distillation is also helpful in guessing since it makes it more likely that the oil is a more direct representation of how the wood smells naturally. I think the trees are grown in china - so sinesis makes sense.

Oudamberlove and Taesik Yun like this.
  13. Mr.P

Weird - does not resemble my sinensis oils or chips at all.

14. EJayB

EJayB True Ouddict

The oil is plantation sinensis from China, same farm that grows the cultivated kinam

Oudamberlove and Taesik Yun like this.
  15. Bijal Madhani

Bijal Madhani Whats this Oud About?

Extremely BEAUTIFUL! 3d effect !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan, Mustakim Godil and Taesik Yun like this.
  16. Bijal Madhani

Which one is this ANWAR!

17. Bijal Madhani

V beautiful

18. Dan

Dan True Ouddict

Agar Aura - Phan Fa

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Hosayn, Oudamberlove and Mario P. like this.
  19. Anwar

Anwar True Ouddict

Don't know a name to it. Labeled "Hindi". Described as a no soak, clean Hindi, wild oud distillation from chips and final-cleaning oud dust.

Bijal Madhani likes this.
  20. Mario P.

Mario P. True Ouddict

Hainan S3 IO along with kyara kongo incense stick

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Dan, Taesik Yun and Oudamberlove like this.

Promote Oud!