punmaster

True Ouddict
How do people get "smoke note" into distilled essential oil?. I always assumed the smokey ouds were tainted or fake or heavily altered to produce that scent. Unless someone's burning stuff you shouldn't be smelling that. This is in relation to a comment about somebody getting some oil or anther, and when they open the bottle they were greeted by a wave of smoke smell. That cannot be a good sign. if I open oud and it smells smoky I would want to return it.
I think its due to higher temperatures when distilling. Not really bad thing imo. Some people enjoy that smoky black tar like scent. Guess it's an acquired taste .

Andrew Salkin

it's aboud time!
Staff member
ASO Mustaqbil - bitter green with sage, frankinscence and light yellow incense, STRONG, masculine, ZERO barn. Clean in aroma yet resinous. I guess some citrus/floral but without smelling like cleaning products at all. This is a super solid oil that hits wayyyyy above it's price range. I love oils like this bc they prove that you can get incredible oils at an ultra affordable price. I enjoy the aroma of this more than some oils that have cost 4x the price. If gyrinops 0 is green, then this is a sharp herbaceous ringy yellow in color/tone. Maybe closer to this color - like a rust yellow?

I know this is an organic Borneo, but to my nose it's a dead ringer for marauke wood

No swipe,
...but sniffs from 7 vials.
7 vials sent by a fellow ouddict.
I wasn’t expecting it,
or should I say
I never expected to experience these oils ever.
Nha Trang Ltd
Kyara Ltd
Royal Guallam
Brunei Kinam
Yunnan Kinam
Hong Kong Kinam
plus one that I tried before
Hainan 05, hmmmm
I don’t recall the barn of Hainan 05

I shall wait for the right moment
to swipe each one.

Taesik Yun

Attar Yun
Staff member
No swipe,
...but sniffs from 7 vials.
7 vials sent by a fellow ouddict.
I wasn’t expecting it,
or should I say
I never expected to experience these oils ever.
Nha Trang Ltd
Kyara Ltd
Royal Guallam
Brunei Kinam
Yunnan Kinam
Hong Kong Kinam
plus one that I tried before
Hainan 05, hmmmm
I don’t recall the barn of Hainan 05

I shall wait for the right moment
to swipe each one.
:eek::eek::eek:

Mr.P

oud<3er
I just got a little sample of Jamaal from ASO. Need more time to study this one but There is something really special in the way that bass notes un fold...different nuances overlap and separate over time. Really nice notes here.

I also sampled a budget Thai oil from
Ejayb. This one is just crazy as far as Thai origin goes. Right now it smells more like the old "green papua" oil that oriscent sold. It's like a 50/50 blend of Thai and Green Papua. I am very very confused right now because I didn't know that green papua scent was something you could get out of a cultivated Thai oil. Not saying it's the same, but if there's one oil in my collection that I'm reminded of, that's it. Thai base for sure but that top note... most interesting cultivated Thai I have smelled hands down. Except for that one by feel oud that smells
like it's a Borneo.

. Ejayb how did you pull that off?