1. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE FORUM WILL UNDERGO A MIGRATION AND MAJOR CHANGE IN DECEMBER 2020 AND JANUARY 2020. PLEASE BEAR WITH US. WE WILL TRY TO KEEP THE DISRUPTION TO A MINIMUM. THE CHANGES SHOULD RESULT IN A MUCH IMPROVED AND RESPONSIVE SITE. SOME OF THE DATA ON THE FORUM THAT IS ASSOCIATED WITH ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE LAYERED ON THE FORUM PLATFORM WILL BE LOST - FOR EXAMPLE TRADER FEEDBACK. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oud Of The Day/Night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by jalil, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Rezwan

Rezwan Oud Fan

I will get the package today hopefully. Once I receive it, I will let you know my first impression. I have never tried any of the Aroha Kayaku from before, so this would be my first time with it. :Geek:

Oudamberlove likes this.
  2. Hosayn

Hosayn True Ouddict

Its too earthy. Nothing like the original Aroha Kayaku.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oudamberlove likes this.
  3. hassam mac

hassam mac True Ouddict

Oh thnx for the info ,good I still have the old version

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 dual sim using Tapatalk

Oudamberlove likes this.
  4. Dan

Dan True Ouddict

Agar Aura - Bhamo

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Dean, Oudamberlove, punmaster and 2 others like this.
  5. rojas

rojas Junior Member

Thankyou Dan
    Yes Anokha is an amazing oil with a polished and airy texture to a Hindi oil minus the off putting notes .

Im happy you are enjoying this .

Dan, Oudamberlove, punmaster and 2 others like this.
  6. rojas

rojas Junior Member

Kyara Koutan ...tonight
    Beautiful....

Dean, Dan, Oudamberlove and 3 others like this.
  7. Rezwan

Rezwan Oud Fan

Oh man, I'm in love with Aroha Kayaku (2020). I have no prior experience with the older ones, but this, oh man, this is the bomb.

I just received the V-Vial, upon opening it, I didn't even have to inhale, I just opened the cap and my room's air already filled with a beautiful smoke, like as if someone put a bakhoor burner in my room. I never had the agarwood burning experience, but this is really what I imagine it's like. Beautiful sweet, resinous, dark, tobacco smoke, this is really something man. :Inlove:

Oudamberlove likes this.
  8. hassam mac

hassam mac True Ouddict

Man ur review is making me buy it hehe

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 dual sim using Tapatalk

9. Hosayn

Hosayn True Ouddict

I agree with what [mention]Rezwan [/mention] mentioned here. However I preferred the original AK with cambodian resin than maroke and its earthiness.

10. Hosayn

Hosayn True Ouddict

Oud of the Night - Kham Lao by AA

[​IMG]

Mario P., Dan, Oudfanatic and 2 others like this.
  11. Dan

Dan True Ouddict

Habzoud - Dhahab (Koh Kong)

Beautiful Clean Cambodi.

Oudamberlove, Mario P. and Taesik Yun like this.
  12. Mario P.

Mario P. True Ouddict

Tajoud m201
    IO Cambodi Vert

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

rojas, Oudamberlove and Dan like this.
  13. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

How do people get "smoke note" into distilled essential oil?. I always assumed the smokey ouds were tainted or fake or heavily altered to produce that scent. Unless someone's burning stuff you shouldn't be smelling that. This is in relation to a comment about somebody getting some oil or anther, and when they open the bottle they were greeted by a wave of smoke smell. That cannot be a good sign. if I open oud and it smells smoky I would want to return it.

Oudamberlove likes this.
  14. Himanshu Sharma

Himanshu Sharma True Ouddict

Oud Nuh on left wrist and Oud Shuayb on left.
    Both mighty Hindis. One from Assam and another from Manipur.
    Quite a different opening. Oud nuh has quintessential Hindi feel, on a deep sniff it works as a tranquilizer for me. Shuayb is more unconfined. I get slight hints of berries. Nuh is quite linear yet robust.
    Hindi Lover in me loves Oud Nuh, oud lover in me adores Oud Shuayb, if that makes sense. I wanted to choose a winner today but I guess both are winners.

Oudamberlove, Rezwan, Tarik and 2 others like this.
  15. Rezwan

Rezwan Oud Fan

Oh yes, Oud Shuayb is a sunshine Hindi oud infused with berries, honeyed florals, and slightest of elegant barn. Beautiful hindi oud, very unique compared to some other Hindi ouds I have tried, but utterly beautiful.

Oudamberlove and punmaster like this.
  16. man_in_japan

man_in_japan Whats this Oud About?

Pedu from AA today. Needed something spicy but not overpowering and that sweet tobacco-y kick is on point. It's a good autumn oud.

@Mr.P For the Aroha Kyaku, I have the 2018 and I'd reckon the smoke smell is less "forest fire" and more "Lapsang Souchong."
    It's a very pleasant aroma and it does fade eventually into a more complex oud backbone, but the smoke can be overpowering. I enjoy it when I use it but I use it rarely.
    I expect one of our resident distillers could tell us more about capturing the smoke smell. Some light Googling suggests that the smoke is captured and condensed from burning wood similar to how the oil is captured and condensed - perhaps the wood is dried after distillation and then used for the smoke, and then the two products mixed to infuse accordingly? Wild speculation on my part.

Oudamberlove likes this.
  17. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

It's a mukhallat I think if someone is mixing smoke flavor in however they do it. Just my opinion.

18. Proust Madeleine

Proust Madeleine True Ouddict

AA Royal Malinau—- bitter woody medicine with that kinamic note hovering in the back. The wintergreen note is lovely and bracing when it finally shows up. I like the foresty aspect of this but I prefer the sweeter more dainty profiles from Taha, I think.

Some of his bitter notes can be almost too overwhelming for me... something makes me think “poison” when I smell his super bitter ouds. Don’t get me wrong, I like the bitter funk of a good chinese/yunnan oil. But this one and Kayu Malayu hit hard in a way that makes me uncomfortable.

Still this particular Royal Malinau Oud is a journey, with several distinct stages. I like some better than others but I like that I get to experience them all with one little dab.

19. Dan

Dan True Ouddict

Agar Aura Lao 4K

Love it

20. Mario P.

Mario P. True Ouddict

IO Hainan Ultima - once you applly this oil ...wait 3 minutes and magic start ,amazing one !

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Promote Oud!