Mr.P

oud<3er
Wish I understood the Lao profile. One would think very similar to Cambodia... sweet crassna ouds with various amounts of ferment?

I have a nice old one, a “super” oil from 2001 or 2002 from Bolisat Laos PDR (anyone remember those guys? They used to supply Enfleurage in NY city). This oil is wild - very intense, bright and tangy - top notes reminiscent of maybe spikenard and musk but again very sharp and tangy in a nice way. Not really sweet at all - bitter and medicinal, drying down to this scintillating wood buzz that just slowly fades. This is quite clear, a golden color, slowly getting more viscous. It doesn’t really match any other oils in my collection. I don’t known if it’s crassna or malaccensis or what. I think a pretty long soak was involved. Not barn but definitely complex In a way that suggests at least some kind of soak.

This is the only top shelf Lao oil I’ve ever smelled and have no idea how typical it is.

EJayB

True Ouddict
Evening reflection with an unusual Thai oil I’ve been working with in my blends. I have so many Thai oils and they all seem to dance between Fresh cherry fruits and nice dried fruit scent without much progression.This one opens like fresh diesel fuel but moves quickly into a very nice dried fruit with an actual progression into a deeper almost leather oud. More complex then most Thai oils

Mr.P

oud<3er
Feel oud chan ko 3. I apply this one very sparingly as I only have a single bottle. I haven’t smelled another one like it. It has this dry smooth confectionery Borneo like top note that really adds something. All three of the oils in the series share a similar cloying sour/tart element in the heart and top note that I find hard to enjoy. I feel like it needs to be layered with Rose absolute or something to cover over this phase of its fragrance. Some days this cloying a rumor just really gets to me, and on some other days I don’t notice it at all. Very strange.

kooolaid79

340F5CB0-F2DA-4155-B6CD-2F94CC381CC6.jpeg

AgarAura’s Luang

asifkafridi3

Oud Beginner
LMK Gyrinops 0 today, an at awesome oil, green foresty smell with good spicy-ness to it. I enjoy wearing it more on my beard than on the wrist.

LMK Fu Zang Long yesterday on wrist last all day and even still present on wrist this morning. Beautiful sweet honey like drydown, definitely Chinese. No leathery or barn opening, nice and clean. Reminds me of Ceen and IO Fragrant harbor imperial, two other Chinese sinesis oils I've tried.