Andrew Salkin

it's aboud time!
Staff member
I get extra long duration when I apply a little bit to my beard. Definitely one of the best ways to wear it

I may have to start this because my wrists and arms are a wreck. From scratching and itching etc - I don't know if I'm allergic so much as when I fall asleep with oil on day in day out, it's just bad for my skin? Idk. I can't and won't give it up though. Only qualm with beard is it requires more oil - also I can't get the same kinda concentrated hit like when I smell my wrist. Im able to make my oil last a long time - I use a paper clip and apply super small amounts but in one area - it lasts a long time and let's me stretch 1 gram forever it seems.

Contact Dermatitis

I have to rotate swipe locations,
and include parts of my palms too.

Today’s swipe.... TajOud Imani
The distillation style/genre, and profile “reminds” me of IO Nagaland Imperiale, and Taha’s Basic Hindi.

First swipe releases the genie from the bottle
then it’s a constant sniff fest, trying to get all the wonderful scents. The oil’s youth displays a slight effervescent zing, which slowly fades. There’s a fruity floral, in close to equal amounts, incense, and oudiness. Maybe some tea, not very sure. The smell is very nice, but funk lovers....sorry....no funk here, however, I can smell a very very tiny amount of barn, which seems like it may be the influence of pot conditioning.

Good performance, it does dry down to a whisper. I got 2 hours of pleasure, then another 2 trying to resuscitate it:D

Plotting 201, 202, & 203 on my radar.

Last edited:

Dan

True Ouddict
Firstly thanks to Team Ensar to send a sample of Chugoku Jinkoh

When u remove all the controversies surrounding this word "Chugoku" you actually realise this is a good oil...

What I'm confused is the origin of this oil .... it feels Hindi more than China ... I'm really struggling to pick up notes which are associated with Chinese Oud bear in mind with my limited experience I may be struggling more than the more experienced Ouddicts.

It's like Having Chicken Tikka but to make it Chinese I eat it with schezwan sauce .... [emoji12][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Hakim

True Ouddict

When u remove all the controversies surrounding this word "Chugoku" you actually realise this is a good oil...

What I'm confused is the origin of this oil .... it feels Hindi more than China ... I'm really struggling to pick up notes which are associated with Chinese Oud bear in mind with my limited experience I may be struggling more than the more experienced Ouddicts.

It's like Having Chicken Tikka but to make it Chinese I eat it with schezwan sauce .... [emoji12][emoji23]

Isnt this a Hindi?

Joshua Riding

Utter...

I wonder if it’s Yunnan oil, that can give a Hindi vibe sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joshua Riding

Utter...
8c6c6ca81b8a33396870b0a527a90803.jpg

Gone with Tigerwood 95 by Ensar Oud today. A velvet smooth Malaysian oud with more a more woody character than ensars TW Royal. My favourite Malaysian Oud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Night Swipe : ASQ Kyara
Night Burn : Pride of Kyoto - Shoyeido

ASQ Kyara though not Artisanal is not bad

not even close to what Kyara smells like but it's a very clean Hindi smelling Oud...

Not worth the money I spent but this was one of my ignorant Oud Buys

In short - it's an overpaid expensive quite decent smelling Oud

I recently entered into the world of Oud & got some samples from Ensar Oud, including a couple of Indian oud. But few days back I bought this Kyara by ASQ. 3ml for some $165 thanks to the50% discount going on. Although it was not a blind buy and I bought it from store, I couldn't find myself satisfied after the purchase. I know how expensive Kyara is and that ASQ Kyara can't be pure, yet I found it difficult to digest. So the next day I went to store and asked for refund. Sadly, I purchased it through credit card and the store representative said it'll take more than a month to refund. Knowing how things work here in KSA, I got it replaced with a rose attar thankfully... I am just curious is it my nose which couldn't feel comfortable with this Kyara or the oil by ASQ is itself not worthy.

Dan

True Ouddict
I recently entered into the world of Oud & got some samples from Ensar Oud, including a couple of Indian oud. But few days back I bought this Kyara by ASQ. 3ml for some $165 thanks to the50% discount going on. Although it was not a blind buy and I bought it from store, I couldn't find myself satisfied after the purchase. I know how expensive Kyara is and that ASQ Kyara can't be pure, yet I found it difficult to digest. So the next day I went to store and asked for refund. Sadly, I purchased it through credit card and the store representative said it'll take more than a month to refund. Knowing how things work here in KSA, I got it replaced with a rose attar thankfully... I am just curious is it my nose which couldn't feel comfortable with this Kyara or the oil by ASQ is itself not worthy.
Hey buddy nothing wrong with ur nose. The real Kyara is quite a distance from the ASQ offering. Crassna, Kyara, etc are used for marketing by ASQ.

Although it's not an Artisanal Oud it's a decent smelling one. Not worth the $165. If I would be in KSA I would've also gone for the refund.