Oud Of The Day/Night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by jalil, Jul 15, 2016.

1. halim

halim Oud Relax

Cold weather = hindi oil
    Agar aura PURANA
    pure sweet assam

2. Andrew Salkin

Andrew Salkin it's aboud time!

Abu tomiga - is there a link? Selling in the marketplace section?

3. Anwar

Anwar Oud Fanatic

4. Anwar

Anwar Oud Fanatic

Dan likes this.
  5. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Chamkeila/Ambergris/Deer Musk blend
    A scent so difficult to decipher
    my nose is in wonderment....

6. Anwar

Anwar Oud Fanatic

All-Righty-Then! Chemkeila was a low key fan fave. Many good things said about it. Taha's Hindis and Cambodis have their own ravenous fanbase.

Oudamberlove likes this.
  7. humbll

humbll Hopelessly Addicted to Oud

Bengal Oud Supreme from oudh.co.uk

8. Muhammed Afthab

Muhammed Afthab Oud Fan

EO oud Shibli, got sample long back and forgot to test it.

I get a refined Meitei vibe leaning slight fruity.

9. Dan

Dan True Ouddict

Al Hashimi Kumathra V2 - Beautiful Brunei

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

10. SydnorIII

SydnorIII Barn Bro

Hello fellow Oud fans,

It’s been a while, but my love for Oud hasn’t waned. Today I’m wearing a really nice classic Cambodi from Azman (I think it’s a 12 yr old) that is smooth and clean with leather, spices like black peppercorn and cardamom, wine-like purple fruits that increase with sweetness and a very gentle smoky incense that becomes more prominent as time goes on. A good day to all :)

jensz, alcolado glacial, Dan and 4 others like this.
  11. Bryan-I

Bryan-I True Ouddict

This has been aging nicely

SydnorIII and Dan like this.
  12. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

I’m totally oudified today.

HO Muhib on the left
    and Fahd on the right

Muhib comes off so essential, that I feel like I’m holding a flower and am smelling it, then it reveals Cambodi oud fruits that are perfectly ripe. That’s true 3 dimensional scent enjoyment.

Fahd........
    Well.....I never smelled Walla Patta like this.
    I think the distillation method influenced the profile big time! Dry down is where I find the Walla Patta that I’m accustomed to.

It opens with yummy Vanilla Cream, then takes a turn to Northern Borneo, then to an unfamiliar territory, then finally to Sri Lanka. I think this oil should shape up better with some aging.

jensz, SydnorIII, Mario P. and 4 others like this.
  13. Andrew Salkin

Andrew Salkin it's aboud time!

Nothing better than coming home after a 5 hour drive in snow and ice (albeit from seeing 3 nights in a row of my favorite band in Rhode island and NY!) to some really great oil, wood, and oolong!

Wood: fili from habz (non sinkers)
    Oil: also habz
    Incense: Ken cannata
    Tea: Fang Gourmet Tea - this was fun. Today in Queens NYC on my way home I stopped here. Full on Chinese tea shop. Very expensive and fancy. Sat down and had Gung Fu style ripe pu-erh from 1990 and stocked up on 150 grams of gaba, and to Quan yin.

As a tea related side note - I've found myself preferring Oolongs that are rolled vs twisted as it works better with my brewing method of a French press and having tea all day. I also prefer darker Oolongs with more robust flavors over the thinner more yellow liquors. Open to suggestions! This was my first time buying local as we don't have shops like this in Philadelphia. I didn't realize just how expensive tea pots are. They wouldn't let me take photos inside but some of their tea pots were 6k and up! And I thought this Oud addiction was bad...

Attached Files:

14. Edward jay Bullock

Edward jay Bullock True Ouddict

Malindang from IO
    Very nice Philippine oil
    Spice and anise on top

15. Dan

Dan True Ouddict

IO Yunnan Imperial.... initially I didnt like it because at the same time i was introduced to Sinensis 4 and Hainan imperial ... so this oil felt more Hindi than Chinese.

Today after about 7 months I swiped this one and I found this oil actually amazing ... the musky nuances in the start to it developing into a nice oudy experience .... top class IO

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

16. SydnorIII

SydnorIII Barn Bro

Good day everyone,

last night I threw on a bit of Borneo Essence. While I do appreciate the spot-on representation of spices like cardamom, clove, and peppercorn, I have yet to be impressed by a Borneo oil. The transparent green, almost galbanum quality behind the spice lacks an Oudiness that I crave in my Ouds lol. I’m sure there is a Borneo out there that would knock my socks off, but I have yet to find one.

Anywho, I threw on some Pai Sia Kan today and this is much more my speed. Man, I love Lao oils. Like really love them. How this jumps back and forth between Chinese and Hindi...the civet and condensed milk qualities...magnifique!

17. Muhammed Afthab

Muhammed Afthab Oud Fan

Peoples Pursat on right and AA Patchouli oud left hand. Both are calming and needs close sniff.
    I am unable to bear the fruity and vanillic accords in ouds. Need you guys suggestion, given my taste should I sample the Hainese and Yunnan oil on sale at the minute.

18. SydnorIII

SydnorIII Barn Bro

Yeah, I would check out Chinese oils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muhammed Afthab likes this.
  19. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

House of Misk Malay Encens

It’s aged, oudy, resiny, perfumey, and spicy.
    As it dries, just a touch powdery, woody, and musky.

Nice:Thumbsup:

jensz, Dan, Rai Munir and 2 others like this.
  20. SydnorIII

SydnorIII Barn Bro

Ahh a fellow tea fan. I have been drinking a lot of oolongs lately. Kinda gotten off drinking blacks and greens and have really been enjoying aged Da Hong Pao and Duck Shit. I haven’t tried any Taiwanese oolongs yet, so that’s my next adventure. If I’m drinking Puerh, it’s old, basket aged Shou from Menghai. I’m not a big fan of Jade ball rolled either. I’m a gaiwan guy. I keep things simple and cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan likes this.

Promote Oud!