Oud Of The Day/Night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by jalil, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Sproaty

Sproaty Sproudy Staff Member

haha :)
    Yes I have too much in the way of samples that I have tons of almost unused stuff :(
    I did swipe Oud Extraordinaire last night and it's okay, kind of sweet. It's so thick that I can lightly press the applicator to my skin and it will stay "stuck" even if I rotate my hand 90 degrees

Oudamberlove and Dan like this.
  2. Andrew Salkin

Andrew Salkin it's aboud time!

Uh yeah - sooooo thick. Not sure if this is "in a good way" either. It does smell kind of sweet. Haven't worn it yet. Makes me wonder - after reading through AA's blog posts recently about how his oils tend to be less viscous - more thin. He talks about how he prefers not to have tons of fat/lipids/waxes in the oil because those things don't necessarily add to the scent - most of the time they are nice for keeping longevity, but you wind up paying for that. In this case, I have ZERO idea how I'm going to wind up getting all the oil at the end of this bottle. I should have asked for a v-vile on this. Any thoughts? I'm with Sproaty here - of all the oils I just got from Ensar, this one might be the one I'm regretting most. As far as initial reaction goes to the dipstick scent - to me, it smells like a deeper Zara Zen. Will report back soon.

Oil of the Night (last night) - Borneo 3k. Came as a sample. Wowzers - such a beautiful and strong vibrating oil. Might be the nicest oils I've smelled to date. Not really any distracting auxiliary notes. Not too much development in terms of changing scent either. Like when your ears are ringing and sound keeps getting slightly louder - that, but olfactory. Smells somewhat Vietnamese - but I'm a newb so what do I know. Masculine for sure. Cinnamon, maybe a little vanilla, oud core. Need more words. Woke up this morning and it was still going strong. Thinking Borneo and Sri Lanka are my top faves right now - if anyone has any suggestions for other Borenos to try (maybe even cultivated), hmu!

Oud of the Day (today) - Oud Ehab. OK. this smells fantastic too, but I shouldn't have swiped Borneo 3k first last night. Because compared to B3k, Oud Ehab doesn't play in the same league IMO. OK - so this one has some thai fruit/jam notes upfront but also this transparent blue ocean vibe - Ensar's writing here is actually pretty spot on. 6/10 in terms of performance/longevity (for clarity, I'd put Oud Yusef at a 3 or 4). I took a pretty sizable swipe this morning at 10AM - 4 hours later and my arm is still shiny where I swiped but it's just not all that pungent. FWIW, the dry down is very woody and stable. I get a clean wood vibe in the dry down - no spices, no incense, nor fruity. Just a clean ambergris like birch wood - I swear I smell root beer or some kind of sassafras with pine trees. Green/Blue throughout - then down to sweet wood/ocean smell.

3. Wakaas

Wakaas Amante de Malinau

EO : Kinamantan

4. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

IO Nagaland Imperiale

Fruity, creamy, oudy, with an effervescent vibe.
    30 minutes later......sweet cranberry and Hindi oudh gently heated.

I am very glad to have it!

Joe King, Dan, Rai Munir and 3 others like this.
  5. Wakaas

Wakaas Amante de Malinau

Imperial Oud : Fragrant Harbour Imperiale
    Habzoud : Al Borneo

Joe King, Dan, Oudamberlove and 2 others like this.
  6. Wakaas

Wakaas Amante de Malinau

Imperial Oud : Hainan Imperial now

7. Andrew Salkin

EO: Czar Ceylon - off the top, I notice there is a powdery smoke, camphor, maybe some plum notes, pine, wet slate, rain/pine - in colors, green/brown, maybe a bit astringent.

Dan and Oudamberlove like this.
  8. Wakaas

Wakaas Amante de Malinau

Ensar Oud : Aroké Roshi

Dan, Oudamberlove and Rai Munir like this.
  9. MrEleven1181

MrEleven1181 Whats this Oud About?

Have zaza zen on today, really enjoying this oil wish I grabbed a few more in the sale

10. Edward jay Bullock

Edward jay Bullock True Ouddict

Zaza Zen on top of Aroha kush
    Simply dreamy and sublime without a lot of
    Twists and turns

11. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

ASO Hudhayl

Just had to have it today
    like a craving

12. Dan

Dan True Ouddict

AA Pra Rachini

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

13. Andrew Salkin

EO Oud Extroidinaire - first impression? It's VERY sweet. I get an almost Zara Zen Manischewitz grape juice vibe from it. Almost like no top notes, just heart and base. No real umph. IDK - I want to be impressed because I just spent money on it, but to me, this just smells too sweet. I wish I had bought a gram of Borneo 3k instead.

PS. Some veterans here - how would you handle an oils that is so thick it doesn't even move in the bottle. I dabbed some on my arm and blotted it around to spread, but I get the sense that a lot of aroma is being trapped or wasted because it cannot "breathe". How silly would it be to drop a bit of Vodka on my arm to thin out the oil a bit?

14. riviera274

riviera274 Administrator and Hindi Lover Staff Member

ASO Zuhayr

Dan, Oudamberlove and Rai Munir like this.
  15. Sproaty

Sproaty Sproudy Staff Member

EO - Tigerwood Royale.
    @Andrew Salkin did you find it hard to actually apply on skin? Mine just "clumps". Perhaps a tiny bit of alcohol to dilute it may be okay

Oudamberlove, Rai Munir, Dan and 2 others like this.
  16. Edward jay Bullock

Edward jay Bullock True Ouddict

Trat oil from oudbase
    Nice quality oil. Has a fast opening top note that is quickly overcome by the heart.
    Great value

Oudamberlove and Dan like this.
  17. Dan

Dan True Ouddict

EO Jing Shen Lu....

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Oudamberlove and Rai Munir like this.
  18. asifkafridi3

asifkafridi3 Whats this Oud About?

EO Port Jaya on beard

Sandalwood cense burning on in background

Sample of areej le Dore antiquity on left wrist

Just got out of night shift duties at hospital. Time to go to sleep now

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  19. Muhammed Afthab

Muhammed Afthab Whats this Oud About?

ASQ Royal blend on the chest and EO Peoples Pursat. Soothing combo for the night.

Oudamberlove likes this.
  20. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

EO People’s Sultan

Satori series style Thai together with Papua New Guinea.

I personally feel that this combo, and the ones with Walla Patta (People’s Ceylon, Oud Ehab, and Czar Ceylon) are successful co-distillations. The likes of which you will never smell anywhere else. Therefore, it’s a joy every time I swipe:praying:

Promote Oud!