jensz

Administrator
Staff member
Alhambra (Al Khadra Oud). Cracked this one open after a long dormancy and am reminded how lovely it is. I get some dry saffron layered in mostly green (my fave "color" of viet oil) with some shimmery orange medicine peeking in. A big ol' swipe is perfect for this hot and oddly humid day in my neighborhood.

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Green Papua by EO: With the passage of time, a nice twist in top notes. More mature aroma of dark and deep jungle. Wearing it after a gap enhances its effect.

Assam Leather by IO: In the end, my refuge is Assam Hindi. Assamese touch is dominant. Leather is not my concern at all.
Another good addition in an organic Oud oil lot.

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
Royal Oud feels very cedar heavy to me and I didn't get much of an oud vibe from it.

Today I had several swipes of ASO's Aasifah and several sprays of Peruvian Ambrette by the house of Zegna (which smells somewhat oudy even though it's not a note in there)

Love the ASO, it used to be quite skanky and almost difficult to wear for the first hour on skin but I don't get that now. I've also been wearing Hindis less which I'd assumed would make them seem more barn-like due to less tolerance

Mr.P

oud<3er
Not oud but sandalwood co2 for me today. This was the higher of two grades available from nisarga biotech. This was apparently from a quality of wood they had difficulty obtaining, they also had a second co2 oil from less mature wood that was quite nice. The cheaper oil has more in common with distilled sandalwood oil, the “high grade” smells more rich / complete a representation of the smell of actual sandalwood chips.

It is a dark maple syrup color and consistency, very powerful and diffusive sandalwood - intense fuzzy dry woody, santalol, somewhat musky. Scent remains consistent throughout evaporation.