Oud Of The Day/Night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by jalil, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Mr.P

Mr.P Oud Fan

IO hainan imperiale

Very nice refined subtle Aquilaria sinensis. IO’s sinensis oils punch way above their weight.

2. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Kambodi X

Still the same from a year ago, I guess it’s all settled down now.
    Of this series, I like this X oil, Kambodi Kuwwa, and Khmer Xtreme. All have a punchy barn.
    If I had to blind test RBO’s Koh Kong oil, I would think it to be part of this EO Cambodi Experiment series.

Dan likes this.
  3. amanitamusc

amanitamusc Whats this Oud About?

Super Hoi An
    As others have said the small dab will do ya.

Rai Munir and Dan like this.
  4. Mr.P

Mr.P Oud Fan

Oud is like music - it’s wonderful at low volume, it’s wonderful reasonably loud, but too intense and everything gets drowned out.

5. Sproaty

Sproaty Sproudy Staff Member

I'll disagree with this - as a lover of metal and generally heavier music, sometimes you gotta crank the volume for that extra hit! (also a good output source will help massively with clarity)

6. Dan

Dan Oud Fan

Like I mentioned earlier you're taking the benchmark too high :)

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Edward jay Bullock and Sproaty like this.
  7. Dan

Dan Oud Fan

EO - Oud Royale Sri Lanka

8. Edward jay Bullock

Edward jay Bullock Whats this Oud About?

Oud extraordinaire (EO) crazy thickness amazing honey jam scent.

Dan, Oudamberlove and asifkafridi3 like this.
  9. Mr.P

Mr.P Oud Fan

ASO al Malek al aasiwayi

Now this is an unusual oil. It seems to be very much in the Middle East tradition - lots of leather, barn, iodine and a kind of bandaid or medical note. I would describe it as animalic with fecal notes. There are also some unusual aromas - hard to describe... When I was a child my father took his clothes to a Chinese laundry. There was a very distinct smell - kind of dry, pungent, somewhat like mothballs but not exactly mothballs. This oil brings the dry cleaner to mind every time - this was a memory I had forgotten. Not saying it smells like mothballs, just that there is a certain tone / timbre to the scent that brings it to mind.

I would say this is a challenging / advanced oud that would be hard for the average stranger to appreciate - I would not be caught in public (in the US) smelling like this oil (but I hope I someday pass someone else wearing it)! Strangely, it also reminds me of fishing when I was young. The wood of the canoe paddles developed this unusual scent that would stick to my hands all day - really reminds me of spending time on the lake. I have no words for the dry cleaner scent or the canoe paddle scent, but there they are. There is a very nice rich oiliness in its heart note that is quite nice!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  10. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

IO Sasong Sungsud

From first swipe to dry down, a lovely ride all the way.

Dan likes this.
  11. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

Royal Jerai by Agar Aura

Wow what an amazing oil, feels like it is hitting its straps now, powerful and mesmerizing. Sourced from a single tree so definitely a Malaysian oil with similarities to Malaya, but I feel an nod to Sumatra and Borneo, I think it must be some of the sweet notes.
    Has all the notes as described in a wonderful array, strawberry, cola, tamarind, incense, lilac, vanilla, honey and woody oudyness.

Sent from my Google Nexus One using Tapatalk

12. Dan

Dan Oud Fan

I agree this oil is becoming into a thing of beauty as the months pass by...

Oudamberlove likes this.
  13. Martin

Martin Oud Novice

Mine is almost like taffy. Lol. Probably going to use what I have in an attar blend.

Rasoul Salehi and Oudamberlove like this.
  14. Martin

Martin Oud Novice

SOTN. Swipes of AA Royal Jerai and also AA Jerai. Malaysian oils from Mt. Jerai in Kedah state. Both oils from same tree--different grades within. These oils together provide a valuable and unique lesson in grade and quality. Plus there is uncommon certainty about the location and wood type (Aquilaria Malaccensis).

Although both oils are essentially complete now, I think Royal Jerai will gain a tad more power than it has now. I say that because Jerai is more bold in the opening now. Both oils share the dried berry cola/ Dr. Pepper oud aroma I like a lot. Royal Jerai just takes it to another level of richness. So many excellent to superb oils the house of AA this year!

15. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Oud Al Hind: What oud on earth can surpass this tone and tenacity!!!

Mustakim Godil, Oudamberlove and Dan like this.
  16. Sproaty

Sproaty Sproudy Staff Member

ASO - Qadeem, lovely stuff

Mustakim Godil, Dan and Oudamberlove like this.
  17. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan & Forum Co-Founder

Did a @Sproaty today wearing like 7-8 diff Ouds all of high quality Sigirya from IO stands out lovely wisps of walla goodness also Oud Darusalam by AA & Oud M1 Hind by ASO and a few others...

18. Dan

Dan Oud Fan

ASO - JANAAH

I think after a few years we will discuss this oil ...

Joe King and Oudamberlove like this.
  19. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

IO Konbaung

A sweetness balanced by oudiness, a touch of tobacco leaf, and some kinam (term loosely applied). I like how Burmese oud seems to have Hindi dna:Inlove:

Dan likes this.
  20. AZsmell

AZsmell Oud Fan

Agar Aura - Royal Lao
    Smells almost like a high end Hindi oil.
    Excellent

Promote Oud!