Oud Of The Day/Night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by jalil, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Right now...
    People’s Sultan
    Jolly Good!
    I am really agreeable with the blend/co-distill,
    it does a little acrobatics, I especially like it when the New Guinea surfaces more.

2. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

Do you get so called 'mind buzz' from any oud oils?

Sproaty likes this.
  3. Sproaty

Sproaty Sproudy Staff Member

nope. I enjoy wearing them and smelling but don't get any sorta 'other' effect as others attest to
    Saying that, I've had my fair share of mind buzz through other forms

powdernose and Joe King like this.
  4. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Feel Oud Pa-Papua
    Aquilaria Filaria all-in-all or mostly in part.
    A lot of top and middle performance, has a resinous base, no barn, no smoke.
    It’s not dark, nor any menthol.

Filarias used to move me more, soul stirring even, but after becoming very familiar with the scent, the romance is gone. I “fall” more for Maroke Gyrinops lately. But I still get an oudy pleasure from Filaria.

jensz, Woodland Note, cau and 3 others like this.
  5. Mr.P

Mr.P Oud Fan

If I close my eyes and inhale deeply and slowly from a fine agarwood or sandalwood, I do become transfixed and deeply calmed. experiencing the development of the scent with my eyes closed and focused attention feels like a kind of daydream. I think this same state could be achieved by breathing alone but the oil kind of guides you there. I have no idea if this counts as a mind buzz.

6. Dan

Dan Oud Fan

EO Port Papua

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Oudamberlove, cau and iori like this.
  7. cau

cau Whats this Oud About?

EO Hainan 2005

iori, Dan and Oudamberlove like this.
  8. Louis Miller

Louis Miller Whats this Oud About?

Today I swiped RPP's 1999 Vintage Combodian Co-Distill. It's leather, sour fruit, smoke, powdery sweet, hints of mint . . . a darker profile, the color of blackish red. Cambodi seems to be a varietal less explored in my experience thus far, and I'm curious to see how this oil from RPP compares to others from the region.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    jensz, Woodland Note, Sproaty and 2 others like this.
  9. landscape of desire

landscape of desire Whats this Oud About?

lmk Gyrinops 0..... just sun warmed fragrant indonesian agarwood alchemically amplified and placed into a nest of sugar cured tobbacco on sweet baked earth.
    a very unique and special oil indeed.
    so woody....

10. Dan

Dan Oud Fan

EO Hainan 2005

Oudamberlove and iori like this.
  11. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

Green Papua By Ensar Oud

pretty sure this is the greenest oil I own but it does have green in the name :Cautious:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

jensz, Woodland Note, iori and 2 others like this.
  12. Louis Miller

Today I'm enjoying Habz's Qamar. It was sold out but I loved my sample of this so much that I convinced generous Habz to sell me his last 1gram :)

I adore the unique bitter accord of this Burmese oil . . . interesting that others describe it as visually green, my impression is more reddish; the background notes of mace and pollen add a spicy sweetness and create a warmer tonality . . . that's what my nose-brain has to say . . .

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jensz, Oudamberlove, Joe King and 3 others like this.
  13. iori

iori Whats this Oud About?

EO Hainan 2005 :praying:

Oudamberlove and Dan like this.
  14. Sproaty

Sproaty Sproudy Staff Member

IO - Assam Leather, more animalic than on my first wearing. Odd. That's died back a bit now, getting that leathered fruity Hindi smell :)

Habz - Ard. Somewhat sweet, I was wearing this last night and it seemed smokey, but not now.

15. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

HO Oud Wahah
    Smells like a Maroke’s cousin

jensz and Dan like this.
  16. Dan

Dan Oud Fan

ALD - Russian Musk Attar

jensz and Oudamberlove like this.
  17. jensz

jensz Administrator Staff Member

Al Rubaie (Al Shareef). I ration this oil carefully as I adore it and I don't have much. Today I felt it is time to indulge. What an engaging and intriguing oil, really an olfactory adventure, but with subtlety not brashness. I'll skip heating wood today to avoid olfactory interference with the oil. :)

Joe King, Tarik, powdernose and 3 others like this.
  18. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

Manek II (A. Assam): I was squeezing some limes and other citruses to make fresh juice earlier for iftar today. After washing, my hand somehow smelled like a leathery citrus. It immediately reminded me of the top-mid notes of Manek II. So I reached for it after the meal.

Zakir has another oil called Kalakassi Aagaz which has even a better lemon/lime peel facet. Both are maturing quite beautifully.

Sproaty, Dan and Oudamberlove like this.
  19. Louis Miller

Habz Mukhmil - after wearing 2 hindis from Agarwood Assam earlier this week (Baraka Taraka and Oud Naga), I'm hoping to notice subtleties and differentiate Mukhmil . . .

Whereas ON was blue cheese into high-pitched oud woodiness, and BT was milder fruity-sweet barn, Mukhmil plays in between those two;. it opens sharper than BT but less pungent than ON - hay is the loudest note to my nose, supported by lactic creaminess, lots to enjoy about Habz's hindi.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Woodland Note, Habz786, jensz and 4 others like this.
  20. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

ASO Al Shareef IV

Reminds me of Malay Encens in the opening, the heart is an uncharted mix from the blend of two oils, dry down puts me in a private chamber where I’m going through the final carving stage of a sackful of Malaysian oudh chips.

Rai Munir, jensz, Dan and 2 others like this.

Promote Oud!