Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
Assam Organic 2005.
Oriscent.

:Inlove::Inlove::Inlove:

Tonight, Agar Aura's Syed's Ascent and Ensar's Sultani 1990, head off of two Maraukes!

Also I changed my shirt just after swiping the EO and now have a big oil stain on the inside of my cuff. d'oh!

ALSO I forgot that I have a reputation to maintain here, so further swipes have been added:
ASO - Hind & Fajr
Treasure Oud - Star Oud
EO - Czar Sultan

Last edited:
Went a little crazy:Alien:
Swiped:
EO B3k15
EO Port Papua
EO Papuamantan
EO Czar Ceylon
ASO Jannah
ASO AS4

:X3::X3::X3::X3::X3::X3:LOVE IT!!
B3k15 a decent Borneo with a Kalimantan finish
Port Papua a sweetish Maroke with a beautiful finish(green spectrum)
Papuamantan Liquor Du Jour, oudy medicinal,
lovely but short lived
Czar Ceylon intriguing style, intriguing profile
Jannah another sweetish beautiful Maroke
(Reddish brown spectrum)
Al Shareef 4 I have more Malaysian oils than anything else, that’s not by accident, that’s by design. AS4 is exquisite.

@Oudamberlove - B3K15 is only decent - nothing special?
Most Borneos I have tried, I would rate beneath decent, save for three of them, I don’t want to name names. So for B3k15 to be decent, that’s not so bad a term. “Only decent” seems a grade lower, and I did not say “only decent”. I thought it strange that the oil had a Kalimantan vibe at the end. Anyhow, for the Borneos that are currently available right now, you can’t go wrong with B3k15.
As for “special”, I think that the Sultan and Senkoh oils I have tried are special.

cau

Oud Fanatic
EO Oud Zachariyya. Opens with barn, but nothing fecal. Quickly morphs to a horse scent, eventually to hay. This afternoon it will evolve to red berries, how i do not understand... I'm not a fan of the berries, but am amazed the oil can do that...

Shabby

Today I am very fortunate to smell some of Al Shareef Oudh's latest offerings.

Nangahar Rose is one of the dewiest, freshest roses I've smelled. It has the cleanliness and vitality of spring water and an aspect of petrichor as well. Of course there is citrus too, but this is really about a vine-green heart and cool pebble-infused water. Ah it's like stepping out of a bath, very refreshing.

Al-Ruba'ie II is oud as such. Very deep and complex, but like my blend of all my ouds I feel that the Hindi is trying to take over. Fortunately the other ouds present are able to tame it and attenuate the heart notes especially. I really enjoy this one, it would be a regular wear for me if it were within my budget.

Kaashef has the green apple of musk and Malay oud that one finds in Yaqoot, but it also has a plethora of other notes, which I cannot break down yet as I haven't worn it. It actually smells very much like the smell one encountered at the doors to Oudfest, a heavenly, rich, pungent 'oudiness' with the red leather and berries of cambodian oud predominating. The rose and the musk and ambergris in this oil give it a suaveness which is its most salient quality.

Can't wait to give these a proper wearing. Thank you @Al Shareef Oudh!