RisingPhoenix

Resident Artisan
Umami Ceylon by @RisingPhoenix today. A wonderful boozy opening followed by a deeper richer iteration of the dry downs of Ceylon sandalwood oils on the market.

This and JK’s frankincense essential oil are two of the most unique essential oils on the market. Amazing job on both of them!

Thanks - I appreciate that!!

I have a new Ceylon Lotus Attar that I'll be releasing at the Ouddict Fayre - Sri Lankan Blue Lotus, a special small batch of SL Sandal, and DISTILLED Kasturi :eek:. Keep your eyes peeled in the event that some makes it out of the weekend - talk about unique!!

PersonelHigh

True Ouddict
Umami Ceylon by @RisingPhoenix today. A wonderful boozy opening followed by a deeper richer iteration of the dry downs of Ceylon sandalwood oils on the market.

This and JK’s frankincense essential oil are two of the most unique essential oils on the market. Amazing job on both of them!
The Umami Ceylon is addictive. I've noticed that when I go to play with my other sandalwood I miss that Umami opening.

jensz

Administrator
Staff member
Hello everyone, It's been a while!

Adan (Al Hashimi). This is a special oil. From the stick it smells exactly like the amazing Filipino wood Al Hashimi released in the spring. It starts with a potent, highly concentrated herbal blast—tarragon, thyme, anise, mint, and robust black pepper, in a chewy-gummy format. Towards the end of a deep deep breath, there is that brain-piercing vaporous feel you get from the finest oils. A dense and fatty pollen-honey note emerges, never getting too sweet, perhaps the fattiness tames the sweetness. It gives a feeling of something wild and nourishing. Mixing with very heavy cream, it is almost edible, and to me is reminiscent of fine herbal ice creams you can find in Italy that make you forsake all other ice creams. For me the overall orientation of Adan is of very piquant herbs. Herbal vibes can be gentle and fleeting, but not here; Adan is mega, its herbs are not those grown in a kitchen window or sanitized greenhouse, they are the feisty and tenacious sun-concentrated wild herbs that manage to survive in the rugged hills of Mediterranean France and Spain. And from the striking herbalness to the honey-creamy base Adan very satisfyingly covers a wide spectrum. Is there Oudiness? Yes there is, I just can’t attach it to a note, I think it simply spans the whole development. Whereas other Gyrinops oils I’ve tried (from Sri Lanka mostly) have a sunnier, brighter, crystal-like quality, I find Adan to be darker, denser, and moodier, even earthier, yet it still has a vaporous penetrating quality.

It will be really interesting to see how this oil ages. But even now Adan is simply an outstanding oil, a top-notch achievement. Very well done @Alkhadra and @AbasFrag, congratulations gentlemen!

Note: I wrote this review, and then looked at Al Hashimi’s official description and see lots of overlap. So I add that the official description rings very true. :)

Last edited:

Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
Zamrad

A kelantan with a red touch to it. Opens with a clean bitter sweet woodiness. Layers of
Milky woody bitterness honey sweetness . tranforms and blends into smooth and delicate feel. The woodiness slightly dominating the delicate milky vanillic note counters the dark bitterness beautifully.

Resinuos honey joins in and intensfies with a ripe fruity note with a golden aura. The resinuos and fruitiness gets bigger shifting the note structure from delicate to heavier giving it a more complex feel .
The drydown slowly brings in a beautiful shade of sweet woody bitterness , A very nice oil .

Thanks for the great review brother and picked up some notes which i had missed, will re-wear and use your notes

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Sasong by IO $ Qamar by HO: Laotian & Burmese! The former is aged honey in viscosity, colour, texture and fragrance. The latter is every inch a Burmese oil. This Qamar (Moon) is a crescent at the moment. Let's see when it will be 'Full Moon'.

PS: Burmese oils are not for me at all. I have put a full stop acquiring Burmese. After an hour, Burmese dry-down ...

Rasoul Salehi

True Ouddict
Hello everyone, It's been a while!

Adan (Al Hashimi). This is a special oil. From the stick it smells exactly like the amazing Filipino wood Al Hashimi released in the spring. It starts with a potent, highly concentrated herbal blast—tarragon, thyme, anise, mint, and robust black pepper, in a chewy-gummy format. Towards the end of a deep deep breath, there is that brain-piercing vaporous feel you get from the finest oils. A dense and fatty pollen-honey note emerges, never getting too sweet, perhaps the fattiness tames the sweetness. It gives a feeling of something wild and nourishing. Mixing with very heavy cream, it is almost edible, and to me is reminiscent of fine herbal ice creams you can find in Italy that make you forsake all other ice creams. For me the overall orientation of Adan is of very piquant herbs. Herbal vibes can be gentle and fleeting, but not here; Adan is mega, its herbs are not those grown in a kitchen window or sanitized greenhouse, they are the feisty and tenacious sun-concentrated wild herbs that manage to survive in the rugged hills of Mediterranean France and Spain. And from the striking herbalness to the honey-creamy base Adan very satisfyingly covers a wide spectrum. Is there Oudiness? Yes there is, I just can’t attach it to a note, I think it simply spans the whole development. Whereas other Gyrinops oils I’ve tried (from Sri Lanka mostly) have a sunnier, brighter, crystal-like quality, I find Adan to be darker, denser, and moodier, even earthier, yet it still has a vaporous penetrating quality.

It will be really interesting to see how this oil ages. But even now Adan is simply an outstanding oil, a top-notch achievement. Very well done @Alkhadra and @AbasFrag, congratulations gentlemen!

Note: I wrote this review, and then looked at Al Hashimi’s official description and see lots of overlap. So I add that the official description rings very true. :)
Yup. Bingo. I 10000% concur and see this oil exactly as you do elequantly put it. That tarragon and other intense edible herbal notes meets thick rich manuka honey and cream. Solid base of oudy Oud Woody note.
As lovely as it is and hard to refrain from I am going to let mine settle for a year or more. I strongly feel the best days of this oil are long ways away

Last edited:

Rasoul Salehi

True Ouddict
Al rubaie

Hands down one of the most horizontally and vertically complex oils ever. This evening even more complex than Kinam Rouge. Total shape shifter.

Twr/kannan koh, malek malayzi note of antique mahogany deep dark truly old labdanum like resin note meets a leathermaker busy working while smoking a Cuban (toward the end of the stogie that tar note likeduhl q). Next door is a Chinese herb dispensary. Some of those bitter Yunnan notes and animal medicinal ginseng notes.

Within minutes the Chinese notes take a back stage and the cigar tobacco ashtray caramleized notes start gaining momentum (like the qandahar wood or zakir’s assam wood on high heat).

Some sour fruit roll up and aged wine notes come in and out. Indonesia part? The Malay resin stays the whole time giving the oil a very aged feel and round quality.

20-30 minutes in, that unique ASO signature of dried rose petals and potpurri mixed with a brown ambergris salty sweet toffee note emerges while the tobacco leather and gentle smoke still present.

While I don’t love every single note in thisboil I love the journey and meditating with it. This is not an oil tonscent myself with it but rather study it Mom koh style. I love it and need me some more of it.

@Al Shareef Oudh if you can let go of a tiny bit more of this oil, I would love to have it. Pls dm or email me.

What a marvelous oil.

Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer
Al rubaie

Hands down one of the most horizontally and vertically complex oils ever. This evening even more complex than Kinam Rouge. Total shape shifter.

Twr/kannan koh, malek malayzi note of antique mahogany deep dark truly old labdanum like resin note meets a leathermaker busy working while smoking a Cuban (toward the end of the stogie that tar note likeduhl q). Next door is a Chinese herb dispensary. Some of those bitter Yunnan notes and animal medicinal ginseng notes.

Within minutes the Chinese notes take a back stage and the cigar tobacco ashtray caramleized notes start gaining momentum (like the qandahar wood or zakir’s assam wood on high heat).

Some sour fruit roll up and aged wine notes come in and out. Indonesia part? The Malay resin stays the whole time giving the oil a very aged feel and round quality.

20-30 minutes in, that unique ASO signature of dried rose petals and potpurri mixed with a brown ambergris salty sweet toffee note emerges while the tobacco leather and gentle smoke still present.

While I don’t love every single note in thisboil I love the journey and meditating with it. This is not an oil tonscent myself with it but rather study it Mom koh style. I love it and need me some more of it.

@Al Shareef Oudh if you can let go of a tiny bit more of this oil, I would love to have it. Pls dm or email me.

What a marvelous oil.

I also wish we had some more but unfortunately it's all gone. One of those things; some like Nikhil saw the beauty of Al Ruba'ie right at the outset, some took a little while and others saw it a little too late. That is the case with all art work. I am sure if you put a request out someone might share some. I know some people bought multiple bottles.

The good news is your nose is progressing past the beautiful oils and beautiful write ups and now you are an oudh hound. Get yourself some Al Malek Al Aasiyawi available on the websit.

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Oud Thai & Oud Chinese: Something new for olfactory, but not breathtaking at all. No doubt pleasant aroma they emit, but how difficult it is to say it is Oud fragrance. Twins, but with different brought up. After two hours, they show their sameness. Chinese Oud's opening notes are so crude and gross, and Thai Oud's last hour is just rawness.