Oud Fayre Usa 2018

Discussion in 'Oud Meets' started by Ouddict, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Sproaty

Sproaty Boudly Staff Member

So, wow - what a trip and experience. I mean, I rode in a helicopter to the Grand Canyon and seen 3 Vegas shows! amazing.

haha...well, the Fayre was something else. To be honest - it was the main reason I had booked the trip, but yes, I booked other activities because I'm not sure if I'll be in Vegas again, and I was thinking that I'd have the majority of a week to myself in Vegas and that'd be the highlight.

Well it turns out that was totally wrong and (well, besides the heli trip - breathtaking & inspiring) it was the Fayre that was the star of the show. Was amazing to meet and connect with everyone and share in this mutual hobby, but to also get along with everyone on every level - at no point was anything awkward, just laughs, smiles and good times all around. I do actually regret booking my shows for the weekends and having to run off halfway through our evening meals - it would have been nicer to stay with everyone and enjoy the group instead of watching an entertainment show alone - but oh well!

I'm glad that @Nadeem and I met up as we spent the majority of the non-Fayre days together, having food and walking around the Vegas strip. We visited the downtown area / "old Vegas" (Freemont Street) on our final night there which was a much better place than the overpriced, overcrowded, loud Strip.

@RisingPhoenix is truly an outstanding teacher and we all learned so much from him. Great choices of food venues, too :D

Hairy Steven (@landscape of desire ) very generously had some blends and incense that he gave out to everyone - one very chocolatey smelling one! He also brought me an oud chip because of a recent thread I'd made about oud wood @ room temperature. Very generous guy!

Feroz from Uh Roh Mah has very nice organic essential oils that are so smooth compared to other, sharp oils I've tried in the fast - also a very knowledgable and friendly guy (thanks for the rides!). It was great to smell some oils from his extensive range of products.

@jensz was a delight to meet, very positive and engaging, we sat with JK for ages while he walked us through his products and educated us and happily answered all questions!

@MzM is a lovely Texan (hope I got that right!) who traded some swipes of oils he'd brought, a very happy character, nice to finally meet you :)

It was great to meet @Faizal_p after having annoyed him to no end on What's App :Roflmao: and he's very easy to get on with, we got on really well and just talked about so many random things! His wife was lovely too

It great to meet Mr @Chip Burns and his son, we talked a bit about his love for burning wood over oils and his fumigation tent, but I think that after this event, he may start to wear more oils!

I have so many photos (600+!) to post but I'm going to edit a video for my Youtube channel - I didn't take too many videos so will be more photo based. I'll try and get to it over this weekend.

I can't wait until the UK Oud Fayre in Wales in a few months' time :D

Ouddict, Fahad, MzM and 7 others like this.
  2. RisingPhoenix

RisingPhoenix Resident Artisan

Sounds like you had a great trip!!

The question I’m sure everyone is dying to hear about, though...was how was @Al Shareef Oudh At Thunder From Down Under?? :Roflmao:

In all seriousness - was really a great weekend. I really appreciated the meal just the three of us had together (yourself, @Nadeem and I). Was nice to have a quiet night together before all the shinanigans began. Folks - if only you could have seen Sproaty’s face eating authentic Japanese Cuisine...a range of tastes he’d never eaten before. Not Snapping a photos of his face as he tried each new thing was my only regret!!

Ouddict, Ashfaque, Sproaty and 2 others like this.
  3. RisingPhoenix

RisingPhoenix Resident Artisan

So I have a few questions for all the folks who attended the Fayre:

- From each of the Vendors - what do you think were the 2 or 3 most interesting products you saw from them were?

- What are 2 or 3 things you learned while at the Fayre?

- Who was the most interesting member / attendee you spoke with, and why?

- Any suggestions for future Fayre’s that we the vendors can work on to improve the experience?

Ouddict likes this.
  4. Sproaty

those scallops & the beef tendon :Geek::Geek::Inlove::Inlove::Inlove::Inlove::Inlove::Inlove::hand::handok::clapping::praying:

Chip Burns and RisingPhoenix like this.
  5. jensz

jensz Administrator Staff Member

JK these are great questions, will try to respond:

- From each of the Vendors - what do you think were the 2 or 3 most interesting products you saw from them were? I'll name just 1 from each.

From Rising Phoenix: all the musks. Tibetan, Nepalese, Siberian, Mongolian, Kashmiri . . . not sure I got them all or got them all right . . . but where else would one get to sniff all of these in one place? Maybe at @Rai Munir 's house. I will go out on a limb and say dear @Rai would have been swooning. I was swooning and am not musk-aware. Now I am. Thank you JK!

From Imperial: The Hong Kong oud wood.

From Uh-Roh-Muh: Feroz brought an incredible array of essential oils, he very patiently explained the therapeutic effects of certain blends, hopefully will make some of my own with what I got. :Thumbsup::Thumbsup::Thumbsup:

From Al Hashimi: I had already tested most of what Nadeem brought but was very happy to confirm my love for their Ibn Zamrak oil! :Thumbsup::Thumbsup::Thumbsup:

- What are 2 or 3 things you learned while at the Fayre?

Learned about the different musks and sourcing.

- Who was the most interesting member / attendee you spoke with, and why?

Is this a trick question? :mad::mad::Cautious::Cautious::mad::mad::Cautious::Cautious: LOL. I truly enjoyed speaking with everyone, can't pick just 1!

- Any suggestions for future Fayre’s that we the vendors can work on to improve the experience?

Hm, need to think about it. :oops:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    Joe King, Sproaty, AbasFrag and 6 others like this.
  6. Sproaty

It's okay Jen, you can say me. I'm sure nobody else will mind ;)

Chip Burns, Rai Munir, jensz and 3 others like this.
  7. jensz

jensz Administrator Staff Member

BINGO! But it all depends on the "and why" part, I suppose!! :Roflmao::confused::Roflmao:

Promote Oud!