J

Jimmie Taylor

I'm out shopping today for the final pieces of my Subitism project. I'm getting excited :rolleyes: to build my own. I think I'll weave the nichrome in a zigzag pattern:Thumbsup:

Nice let's see it when you finish i really like the burner of kooolaid friend

IMG_2965.JPG
IMG_2964.JPG
IMG_2963.JPG

Royalbengalouds

Resident Artisan
I have tried charcoal and electric heater but none of them satisfied me. With the traditional charcoal method, oud was burning out so quickly and distorting the fragrance and with the electric heater I couldn't manage to get it as hot as I wanted to.

So I kinda improvised and made my own instrument with I still enjoy to this day. Its an aluminium foil placed over a candle. Can push it close to the fire to increase the heat and away from it to cool off. So far it was the best option I have tried.

Another one is the mica plate over a candle which is also good when I want a quick burn but I generaly prefer the foil.
amazing , fell off my chair there almost , fascinating , new technique I never seen before , SubanaAllah , you made my day brother , :):D, using a candle and tin foil over it , amazing

I always found ceramic heaters not getting hot enough, does this one work well @Oud4Ever? Does it have temp control?

Not only do they not get hot enough, even if they did, with contact heat your just pan-frying your chips, so each chip gets scorched on one side till you flip it over and scorch the other side:(

That's why I'm building my own subitism. I prefer to bake the chips with radiating heat:):Thumbsup::rolleyes::X3:

I am incorporating two grids of nichrome on the subitism, each individually wired to the power source, one large to accomodate normal sized chips and powders, and one small to accommodate kyara and kinam:thumbsup::Geek:

When it is completed I will post a report:Whistling:

Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
Not only do they not get hot enough, even if they did, with contact heat your just pan-frying your chips, so each chip gets scorched on one side till you flip it over and scorch the other side:(

That's why I'm building my own subitism. I prefer to bake the chips with radiating heat:):Thumbsup::rolleyes::X3:

I am incorporating two grids of nichrome on the subitism, each individually wired to the power source, one large to accomodate normal sized chips and powders, and one small to accommodate kyara and kinam:thumbsup::Geek:

Let me know when your taking orders :Whistling:

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan

Very clever !

Oud4Ever

Oud Beginner

The heater i got can heat up to about 340 degree celsius, that's hot enough for me. On the other hand, i prefer to use ceramic heater to "burn" my chips slowly with low temperature (150 degrees celsius) for hours, then save all the chips to make incense cones. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
The heater i got can heat up to about 340 degree celsius, that's hot enough for me. On the other hand, i prefer to use ceramic heater to "burn" my chips slowly with low temperature (150 degrees celsius) for hours, then save all the chips to make incense cones. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah on the other hand, this is very clever too !