MzM

Oud King
For the longest time since I have liked Oud I thought that Oud and Rose are probably the best combination with a floral for Oud oil. I had tried other florals too like frangipani and violet etc but I always cake back to the homebase of Oud and Rose. Don't get me wrong, Oud by itself is a delight that many cannot handle and it comes to the patient ones and the ones who are in it for the long run. The ones who show istiqamah as we say. Recently however I have been bitten by the jasmine bug...more specifically Jasmine and Oud. I knew that such a thing existed but not sure why I was not very excited about the idea at first or maybe never had the chance to experience it first hand. When I finally got to experience it, it was like a revelation...perhaps an intimate whisper that I have finally found the holy grail of a worthy companion to Oud. Anyone else experience this magical combination? Any attars or perfumes out there that can delicately and accurately join these two in holy matrimony?

When I was wearing ASAQ Al Hajar Al Aswad permune oil, it made me a believer in Jasmine, even if it was synthetic😊

Last edited:
Reactions: MzM

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
For the longest time since I have liked Oud I thought that Oud and Rose are probably the best combination with a floral for Oud oil. I had tried other florals too like frangipani and violet etc but I always cake back to the homebase of Oud and Rose. Don't get me wrong, Oud by itself is a delight that many cannot handle and it comes to the patient ones and the ones who are in it for the long run. The ones who show istiqamah as we say. Recently however I have been bitten by the jasmine bug...more specifically Jasmine and Oud. I knew that such a thing existed but not sure why I was not very excited about the idea at first or maybe never had the chance to experience it first hand. When I finally got to experience it, it was like a revelation...perhaps an intimate whisper that I have finally found the holy grail of a worthy companion to Oud. Anyone else experience this magical combination? Any attars or perfumes out there that can delicately and accurately join these two in holy matrimony?
Well I tried macerating musk in Jasmine over eighteen months ago and have diluted the original batch I made.
Jasmine is very nice and I was experimenting with musk grains..... https://www.ouddict.com/threads/musk-in-jasmine-oil.3485/ That 3ml bottle got transferred into a half tola bottle with some Mysore sandalwood and still the jasmine was in abundance but very much more beautiful.....
So I imagine the matrimony of Jasmine and Oudh would be a delight.
It has me thinking again.....:)

Reactions: MzM

zeedubbya

True Ouddict
I wear Jasmine and Oud all the time in the evening. Haven’t found many Oud/Jasmine attars I really like yet, so I just swipe them side by side. I do like Grandflor. a bit more than Sambac as well. The Jasmine @wardlab has here on Ouddict is truly outstanding stuff—if he still has some. I have a tiny little bit of Grand and Sambac courtesy of John Steele, distilled by Jack Chaitman and while it’s next level it’s expensive for Jasmine. @MzM I would say contact @wardlab here and also maybe Isobel and John at Lifetree Aromatix if you’d like to try some (what I believe is) top tier Jasmine.

Last edited:

Tauhid Shaikh

True Ouddict
I wear Jasmine and Oud all the time in the evening. Haven’t found many Oud/Jasmine attars I really like yet, so I just swipe them side by side. I do like Grandflor. a bit more than Sambac as well. The Jasmine @wardlab has here on Ouddict is truly outstanding stuff—if he still has some. I have a tiny little bit of Grand and Sambac courtesy of John Steele, distilled by Jack Chaitman and while it’s next level it’s expensive for Jasmine. @MzM I would say contact @wardlab here and also maybe Isobel and John at Lifetree Aromatix if you’d like to try some (what I believe) is top tier Jasmine.
I have to try it from John steel.

zeedubbya

True Ouddict
I have to try it from John steel.
It’s really excellent stuff. John is quite a character. In a good way. He’s VERY VERY knowledgeable and passionate about flowers and oils and all things in this realm. I was surprised he didn’t have more experience with Oud, but he knows A LOT… prob more than I’ll ever know in 10 lifetimes.

MzM

Oud King
I wear Jasmine and Oud all the time in the evening. Haven’t found many Oud/Jasmine attars I really like yet, so I just swipe them side by side. I do like Grandflor. a bit more than Sambac as well. The Jasmine @wardlab has here on Ouddict is truly outstanding stuff—if he still has some. I have a tiny little bit of Grand and Sambac courtesy of John Steele, distilled by Jack Chaitman and while it’s next level it’s expensive for Jasmine. @MzM I would say contact @wardlab here and also maybe Isobel and John at Lifetree Aromatix if you’d like to try some (what I believe is) top tier Jasmine.
Thanks for the suggestion @zeedubbya 😊

Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer
It’s really excellent stuff. John is quite a character. In a good way. He’s VERY VERY knowledgeable and passionate about flowers and oils and all things in this realm. I was surprised he didn’t have more experience with Oud, but he knows A LOT… prob more than I’ll ever know in 10 lifetimes.
Don't underestimate your abilities brother.

If you plant a oak tree 🌲 in a small pot then it will only grow as much as that pot allows it, if you plant that tree in a nice open area the sky 🌌 is the limit ....