Abdullah

@Abdullah - sounds like you've got some wonderful honey hookups! Haha. That's awesome

The understanding here in the US on colony collapse is that it may be due to a combination of factors. GMO crops and the cocktails of pesticides and herbicides being used is the likely culprit.

I saw some studies that were circulated by the chemical companies showing tests run on individual chemicals they produce, none of which were killing bees. However - when combined in myriad ways (various chemical pesticides and herbicides) from various companies - colony collapse would ensue.

The takeaway is that Life can most likely metabolize some chemical pollution - but when overloaded and burdened with unknown reactions from near infinite chemical cocktails...that kind of chemical exposure can't be metabolized and leads to collapse.

I think this is in part why there is such a movement ahiftings towards more naturally-minded products of all kinds. Chemicals in isolation aren't as toxic as the countless unknown reactions occurring between the thousands of chemicals in existence today.

Don't quote me on this - I recall seeing somewhere in the ballpark of 80,000+ manmade (not naturally occurring) chemicals in use around the world. Who's good at math? What is the factorial output of 80,000 reactions creating god knows how many unintentional chemicals? When considered...the number is mind numbing, and helps to explain the toxic burden Modern Life has placed upon the very earth and its myriad inhabitants.

Enjoy your honey...it's a true miracle and an increasingly rare miracle!
i totally agree :(:(:(. i too have read those studies. it poses theories as why it could be happening but it doesnt definitively answer the quesiton if i recall?

@Mandeel AlMandeel - some incredible shots of the fire! I love the teapots (or coffee pots?) nestled up next to the coals to heat and keep warm. Delightful!

I'm a huge tea drinker, myself. Love exploring single estate teas, unique prep techniques, old Pu Er's, bright and floral Formosas - and like Oud, a rich and complex-leathery cup of Assam ☕️

Nepalese teas are also a favorite - with their piney, high mountain astringency. A perfect cup in the cooler weather of Fall.

It is interesting drinking tea - as the terroir and flavor profile of teas often has similarities found in Oud odor profiles from the same regions. It makes for an interesting study.

I also collect tea and incense-related antiques, particularly of Japanese origin. They aren't just beautiful to look at, or merely functional. They always feel like they have so much Soul when in the hands. True works of art!

salam joseph , we make on slow heat coal many things each one in different pot & the taste are different so far than normal way, Thyme, ginger, anise, black tea, Arabic coffee, hibiscus...

i have heard of this. Kopi Luwak. civet cat. i think touted as the most expensive coffee in the world. islamically we are not allowed to drink it.

I love coffe and tea also. also love the finest of honeys. at the moment my favourites are sidr and manuka

I didn't hear is forbidden so I try this coffe even elephant one is really special so far and u smell caramel chocolate smell from the beans even the taste are so wonderful!

about sidr honey yes is best of best honey I have many sidr trees around my home and I have plan to make my own bees cells :)

Cold weather!! Come on... I lived in Saudi and then Qatar for 6 years and the winter was like Summer in the UK :D

is different from person to person will if u bring british guy in summer to gulf he will suffer but for me is ok , I'm ok with summer but I'm not familiar with cold weather I remember my brother who study in us more than 10 years until he get the phd he live in ohio is more coldness than all Europe and with time he feel normal about cold in Europe or gulf I think this thing change when u live in different area your body adapt ! :)

Abdullah

I didn't hear is forbidden so I try this coffe even elephant one is really special so far and u smell caramel chocolate smell from the beans even the taste are so wonderful!

about sidr honey yes is best of best honey I have many sidr trees around my home and I have plan to make my own bees cells :)
mashaallah. keep us informed about how your sidr operation turns out. i only know it because i really wanted to try it but because i had suspicion i asked someone before i tried it.

Happy weekend everyone...

Attachments

• Dramatic Black & White_1481845570343-1.jpg
    Dramatic Black & White_1481845570343-1.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 233
What's the story behind the video of the fire and pots. Is this a video you took or just a random YouTube link?

Dear @Mr.P I take that video yesterday & that's my channel on YouTube I add only my personal things :)

@Abdullah nope brother I like to let my lovely ouddicter's enjoy the moment with me! :)

jensz

Administrator
Staff member
I have a confession: since I've become an ouddict, most of my other interests have just dropped away, I just don't care about them at all anymore, at least those interests that involve spending significant money or acquiring things: I don't want to spend money on anything else, and I don't want additional unnecessary possessions that are not oud oil. How's that for an ouddiction? :rolleyes::confused:

But I still actively pursue these interests, which don't compete with oud oil: trail running, backpacking, classical music (listening only, not playing, regrettably), reading, and The New Yorker magazine. Plus my two dachshunds Winnie and Fred (had to give them a shout-out).

Last edited:

ParadiseofOils

True Ouddict
Although I am right into my coffee and tea drinking. That's an addiction right there. I try many different coffee beans and tea leaves from around the world. Drinking some stunning tea or coffee on a cold crisp night, moon shining with the scent of Oud lingering from behind the ears and my wrist. Nothing like it.

I have a confession: since I've become an ouddict, most of my other interests have just dropped away, I just don't care about them at all anymore, at least those interests that involve spending significant money or acquiring things: I don't want to spend money on anything else, and I don't want additional unnecessary possessions that are not oud oil. How's that for an ouddiction? :rolleyes::confused:

But I still actively pursue these interests, which don't compete with oud oil: trail running, backpacking, classical music (listening only, not playing, regrettably), reading, and The New Yorker magazine. Plus my two dachshunds Winnie and Fred (had to give them a shout-out).

salam @jensz , the same problem also here! :)

Abdullah

i think you are too far gone in your ouddiction for any hope of a cure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::oops::confused: