Mr.P

oud<3er
So $150 - $250, 3 grams of wood?

Are you guys trying to keep it to a small group or are you trying to include a large number of members? I think that as you get closer to $250 you are going to lose people (maybe not).

It would take me many moons to go through a gram of wood kodo style. For this event, two or three splinters would suffice… maybe a good way to lower cost.

Re shipping and the cost to vendors: you should just have the cost of the wood on the one hand, and then let people pay their own shipping costs depending on where they live.

An earlier post made it sound like this fee was supposed to also compensate whoever is selling the wood for their shipping and handling costs and I don’t think that’s a good way to go - we are all used to paying our own shipping

I keep editing this… things come out weird on a phone…

One more thought: if this is a vendor oriented and organized event, then $250 is a very reasonable price point. Where I live there is no way in hell you’d get in the door for something like this for less than $250.

If this is a community oriented and organized event, then it seems high.

My opinion may be worth exactly nothing in this particular context because I am not a oud mover and shaker. It may be an utter
waste of vendors’ time to package up 100 little splinter packs so I’m not saying anyone should take this on personally.

Last edited:

Mr.P

oud<3er
well there is kind of a balance between making it worthwhile for someone to package up, organize, and ship out on the one hand while doing it as cheaply as possible for the sake of the community on the other. If there was some trusted volunteer to do the organization and shipping that would cut the costs way down I imagine.

Attar Oudh

Oud Fan
With all due respect as suggested in previous post 150-250 is optimum range depending upon what kind of participation a person want to. If only Wood then 150 is good but i would strongly suggest to keep it combined with oud samplers so that it may feel worth to the buyer too. Ultimately the buyers are going to do self paid advertisements for the sellers apart from enjoying the stuffs they'll be sent. And yes, for the combination sets 250 can be good mark. The price break can be
50 for shipping
100 for 3 types of woods 2gm each atleast
100 for 3 types of oil samples 0.20ml each.