Renzo C

Oud Fan
Hi guys! I’ve heard about how good the OG kyara ltd is and I’m wondering if any of you OG oud heads know more about it such as the region, year of distillation, etc. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

language scent

True Woodict
Hi guys! I’ve heard about how good the OG kyara ltd is and I’m wondering if any of you OG oud heads know more about it such as the region, year of distillation, etc. Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Region Amsterdam, distilled 2009. Crazy good Amsterdam cultivated Vietnamese and Chinese wood was used for this crazy oil!

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
Region Amsterdam, distilled 2009. Crazy good Amsterdam cultivated Vietnamese and Chinese wood was used for this crazy oil!
Is this a serious response or are you being sarcastic? The OP has asked in earnest so while humour is the lifeblood of a community, it is unfortunately lost in translation all too often and has its time and place.

@Renzo C I guess you are referring to the original Kyara LTD. I was fortunate to own around 8-9 bottles of this, but alas have none left now, having sold my last drops last year. The oil is Burmese and the year of distillation according to the old Oriscent site was 2005. As for how good it was, I gently heated a Shoyeido Kyara chip I sourced back in 2010 and the smell was very close if not identical to how the Kyara LTD oil smelled. That should give you an indication of the calibre of the oil. Hope that helps.

language scent

True Woodict
Is this a serious response or are you being sarcastic? The OP has asked in earnest so while humour is the lifeblood of a community, it is unfortunately lost in translation all too often and has its time and place.

@Renzo C I guess you are referring to the original Kyara LTD. I was fortunate to own around 8-9 bottles of this, but alas have none left now, having sold my last drops last year. The oil is Burmese and the year of distillation according to the old Oriscent site was 2005. As for how good it was, I gently heated a Shoyeido Kyara chip I sourced back in 2010 and the smell was very close if not identical to how the Kyara LTD oil smelled. That should give you an indication of the calibre of the oil. Hope that helps.
Yea Renzo is a good friend I was just joking I am sure 99.9% of the people on this forum know. I am sorry to the .01% who thought I was serious. Honestly I believed it would bring a smile to anyones face who was to read it lol “ Amsterdam cultivated Vietnamese” 😆

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
Yea Renzo is a good friend I was just joking I am sure 99.9% of the people on this forum know. I am sorry to the .01% who thought I was serious. Honestly I believed it would bring a smile to anyones face who was to read it lol “ Amsterdam cultivated Vietnamese” 😆
I did see the humour, but unfortunately there were some complaints so I had to ask, as not all cultures have the same sense of humour and obviously the post was lost in translation. It's a bit of a tightrope to walk sometimes when on a global platform. :rolleyes:

language scent

True Woodict

I know you had a moment of laughter too at least a second or so lol

language scent

True Woodict
I did see the humour, but unfortunately there were some complaints so I had to ask, as not all cultures have the same sense of humour and obviously the post was lost in translation. It's a bit of a tightrope to walk sometimes when on a global platform. :rolleyes:
You are right, but it is open and I was not secretly spreading the information to undermine ensar or his oils. Lol honestly I really can’t imagine someone feeling insulted by such a joke.

Rezwan

Kōdō Aesthetic

OG Kyara LTD was from Burma? I was thinking it was Vietnamese or Chinese. That's actually amazing and that it was identical to a Shoyeido's Kyara chip, wow! So there are Kinam or kyara aspects in oud's from Burma as well then.

Renzo C

Oud Fan
Thank you for the insight @Ouddict! It was hard to find info on this one so I appreciate it. 8-9 bottles, a fleet just of kyara ltd!

Are there any other oils you’d put into this category quality-wise? Recommendations are always welcome as I joined the oud-game quite recently:)

And yes lol, he’s a good friend, and a comedian apparently 😉

Last edited:

language scent

True Woodict
Thank you for the insight @Ouddict! It was hard to find info on this one so I appreciate it. 8-9 bottles, a fleet just of kyara ltd!

Are there any other oils you’d put into this category quality-wise? Recommendations are always welcome as I joined the oud-game quite recently:)

And yes lol, he’s a good friend, and a comedian apparently 😉
You inspire me 😆! By the way you might wanna message Ensar, he will give you the info you are looking for