1. Please excuse us while we carrying out important changes to the forum.

Off Topic...astronomy.

Discussion in 'Other Things We're Into' started by DubOudh, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Bilal

Bilal Oud Fanatic

Thanks a lot for sharing these brother.You've definitely sparked my interest in taking up this wonderful hobby someday إن شاء الله.

I've always been so engrossed, marvelling at the beauty and complexity of our natural surroundings (whether on land or sea), that I never really thought to look up at the heavens to find such wonders subhanAllah!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    DubOudh likes this.
  2. DubOudh

DubOudh Aster Oudh

Ah brother thank you for that.
    The wonders of Allah (Subhannah Watallah) are everywhere to be seen in the natural world........and most especially in the unseen worlds brother.
    I am glad you find them of some value..
    Thank you again.

Bilal likes this.
  3. DubOudh

DubOudh Aster Oudh

Lovely morning recently... alhamdulallah...:praying:

Attached Files:

4. Bilal

Bilal Oud Fanatic

:handok:

DubOudh likes this.
  5. Bilal

Bilal Oud Fanatic

I'm expecting a shot of Mars from you this week ;).

Heard it will be the closest to Earth until another 15 years!

DubOudh likes this.
  6. Ouddict

Ouddict Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support

Amazing topic... I did a my degree in Physics so studied a bit of astronomy. But no way do I want to go to Mars... watching it from here is as close as I will get.

DubOudh likes this.
  7. DubOudh

DubOudh Aster Oudh

Shukran Bilal....
    I posted a picture of Mars about two posts back...Even with my scope set up...it still looks like a small slightly reddish dot...although a few years ago I did manage to see one of the polar caps, such was the tilt of the planet in our direction....am going out now to look at the wonders above...Subhanallah....

Bilal likes this.
  8. DubOudh

DubOudh Aster Oudh

Brother....we truly do not fully realize the time we are in......alhamdulallah....We are indeed a strange generation in a strange time....:praying::praying:

9. opixs

opixs Whats this Oud About?

The skies and stars are truly are a place to look up and mesmerise the wonders of the universe and beyond. A place to look up and forget about every troubling matter on this planet. Somewhere you can look and just appreciate the little things in life.

EJayB, Bilal and DubOudh like this.
  10. DubOudh

DubOudh Aster Oudh

If you are in the region of Scotland I think you are in...then you may very well see more of the beauty of the night sky then many others do...How blessed you are...

Bilal likes this.
  11. opixs

Unfortunately i live in a busy city. City lights are a massive issue with light pollution to look up at the night sky.

Have to drive out 20 to 30 miles out the city to get a good enough glimpse of the night sky. I have done this on occasions just to appreciate the wonders of the night sky.

Don't get me wrong, on a clear night, you can see the brightest of stars in the night sky from the city.

Bilal and DubOudh like this.
  12. Abu Amir

Abu Amir The Alchemist

Nice to see, this make us see how litel we are, subhanAllah makes me remeber this
    that the world is not even worth a wing of an mosquito

It was narrated that Sahl bin Sa’d said:
    “We were with the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) in Dhul-Hulaifah, when we saw a dead sheep lifting its leg (because of bloating). He said: ‘Don’t you think this is worthless to its owner? By the One in Whose hand is my soul, this world is more worthless to Allah than this (dead sheep) is to its owner. If this world was worth the wing of a mosquito to Allah, the disbeliever would not have a drop to drink from it.’”

13. DubOudh

DubOudh Aster Oudh

One of my favorite images that I have taken....this was at the end of a very cold night and the dawn was beginning to break with a thread of light growing in the east...as the sky got brighter...I waited until the stars were starting to fade to get that early morning blue haze....but it was extremely cold but worth it...Subhanallah..
    The black and white image is of the Cygnus star field.....so densely packed with mystery....

Attached Files:

Sproaty, opixs and Bilal like this.
  14. Bilal

Bilal Oud Fanatic

Yes I know you did (it was beautiful mA) but thought this opportunity might result in a better image somehow.

DubOudh likes this.
  15. DubOudh

DubOudh Aster Oudh

I use an 8" Celestron scope...even if Mars were to come closer...I don't think it would greatly improve any detail.. Did have a look and it is a glorious sight at the moment.......

16. DubOudh

DubOudh Aster Oudh

Was up early and drove out to have my coffee beside the sea. Beautiful morning was made more splendid by a beautiful sun rise...Subhanallah....

Attached Files:

Bilal, Sproaty, PersonelHigh and 3 others like this.
  17. opixs

Nothing beats a morning sunrise with some coffee to enjoy the views.

18. DubOudh

DubOudh Aster Oudh

A lockdown morning...

Attached Files:

19. Bilal

Bilal Oud Fanatic

:Inlove::clapping:

DubOudh likes this.
  20. opixs

Took these two of zooming into the moon tonight on my phone. Turned out quite well! Surprised how close I was able to get!

20201026_210023.jpg

20201026_210011.jpg

Abu Amir and DubOudh like this.

Promote Oud!