New Member Introduction

Discussion in 'General' started by jalil, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Woodland Note

Woodland Note Moderator Staff Member

2. Kabir Attars

Kabir Attars Oud Fanatic

Alsalamualaykum to you all...I hope to hear more from all of you.

Mustakim Godil likes this.
  3. Spaz

Spaz Whats this Oud About?

Hi Everyone. I've been a lurker since inception of the forum and finally signed up. I've been collecting oils and wood for some years, and tend wear and burn them rather than seeing them as investments. Most days I oud up for the day at work, and burn a little sliver with my morning coffee. I like Oud :)

4. Taesik Yun

Taesik Yun Whats this Oud About?

Hi Ouddcit. :)
    I'm a virgin nose that never had a chance to smell oud before. I've recently found about ouds.
    though it might be a mistake to step into this slippery slope, I'd like to give it a try.:D
    I'm looking forward to experiencing 'THE OUD' that people talking about. there's so much history, story, legends around it.
    it makes me a little bit anxious and exciting at the same time.

I've ordered my first oud wood from Azman Oudh last night. I'll let you guys know my first impression when I got it :)
    if there's any suggestion, let me know

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  5. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Welcome!

When heating the agarwood, try different levels of heat. Start at lower temperatures, just enough to bring about the aroma, then gradually move up.

Joe King and Taesik Yun like this.
  6. Kabir Attars

Kabir Attars Oud Fanatic

Welcome Taesik Yun.

Taesik Yun likes this.
  7. Rahel

Rahel Resident Artisan

Hi all, I’d like to introduce myself as a newbie on this wonderful forum. I run my own company - OudBase Perfumery - and I am now a resident artisan. If you want to put a name to the face, I’m the guy interviewing Ouddict - take a look at the “About the Ouddict Community” section.

I look forward to getting to know you all more!

8. Rahel

Rahel Resident Artisan

9. Rahel

Rahel Resident Artisan

Hello Mr P!
    I never thought that there was that many people out there who actually like’s oud, like myself. So hearing about this website really motivated me

10. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

It is amazing that this community exists. Every time I think social is media is a disaster I remember how great communities like this have been.

11. Rahel

Rahel Resident Artisan

Most of my friends and family cannot understand why I love oud so much, so it’s a godsend that a community like this exists, truly thank full

12. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

Agreed. People get so programmed by television and brands and mainstream pop culture that they become kind of blinded to the beauty of reality. I have found some people (parents of my child’s friend) who are entranced and intrigued by the beauty of good incense, good oud. It’s a wonderful thing to find - I have given them so many samples of woods and resins and oils and such though that it is starting to embarrass them, as they are scent noobs and just getting interested now, don’t have anything to offer. I keep telling them about the generosity of members of this forum and basenotes, and not to worry. I really do enjoy my collection more when sharing it with these people.

13. Kabir Attars

Kabir Attars Oud Fanatic

Promote Oud!