New Member Introduction

Discussion in 'General' started by jalil, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Azzam

Azzam The Alchemist

Thank u brother❤️

Noor ul arfeen and Ouddict like this.
  2. Micheal76y

Micheal76y Just Arrived

Thanks guyz

On 'market section' ensar oud company's oils are a lot, and review section is full of excellent reviews abt ensar oud and agar aura oils. I think the best options to start. If i dont like, can i sell the way other people sell here?

Martin, Dan and Ouddict like this.
  3. Ouddict

Ouddict Technical Support

Yes you are welcome to buy and sell oils on the marketplace. However, if you are new to oud, my suggestion would be to buy samples of oils from different vendors. Ensar and Agar Aura are not present on this forum and there are many vendors here whose oils are just as good if not better. I’m normally “neutral” but I’m going to make an exception here and recommend the Resident Artisans here wholeheartedly. I think if you sample oils from the two you have mentioned and the ones on here, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Dan, Grega, Mustakim Godil and 2 others like this.
  4. SydnorIII

SydnorIII Barn Bro

I wholeheartedly agree with Ouddict on this one. There are vendors aligned with this forum that have amazing stuff. I would sample as many of their offerings as possible in addition to what Ensar, Taha, and Adam/Dimitry have to offer. Buying anything but samples at this point might not be a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan, Joe King, Ouddict and 2 others like this.
  5. Martin

Martin Oud Novice

Welcome aboard! I hope you enjoy the journey. There’s almost endless learning and a bunch of good people I’ve met who share a deep interest in oud oils and agarwood.

Oudamberlove, Dan, SydnorIII and 2 others like this.
  6. Micheal76y

Micheal76y Just Arrived

Thanks buddies
    Market section analysis
    Forty threads
    At least 30 offering ensar and aura oils
    10 other company oils like io, fo (I don't know what is fo), agar Assam, rpp (again dunno what's it)

Things I hv in ma mind after reading threads;
    Ensar and aura oils are either very good or very bad.
    Other companies r famous in limited people.
    I've to get not more than 0.5 ml. Reselling shows oil is not used that much.
    People selling dipsticks here. If I buy and dipstick is dried in transit. Of what use n profit?

Dan and Sproaty like this.
  7. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Also, I sometimes sell oils, so I can buy more oils....it’s either that or sell a kidney:Roflmao::Roflmao:

Dan, Sproaty, Azzam and 1 other person like this.
  8. Martin

Martin Oud Novice

Let me thank you again Curt for AA Ayu and Berkilau along with the freebies! :Alien: Long live the Ouddict Marketplace where one man’s junk is another man’s treasure. :Roflmao:

Fahad, Dan, Sproaty and 1 other person like this.
  9. Sproaty

Sproaty Sproudy Staff Member

FO = Feel Oud (not a vendor on the forum)
    RPP = Rising Phoenix Perfumery (a vendor here, the lovely @RisingPhoenix )

I wouldn't go as far as saying Ensar/Agar Aura oils fall into "really good / really bad" - I've not tried an oil by either that I consider bad. Heck, I've not tried ANY oil I've bought by any brand that we discuss here that falls into "really bad". It's hard to make a blanket statement as to why people are selling, but as @Oudamberlove says - it's almost like trading - selling off some less-used oils to fund other purchases (or to "reclaim" spent money!)

It's wise to purchase small amounts to test. I've bought an absolute ton of oils and have so much that I'll never get through, while also buying more. A bit silly, really.

By dipsticks, I assume you mean practically empty bottles, or low volumes such as 0.1ml? The oil won't dry during transit and even a small amount such as 0.1g can give a few wearings and to impart a good 'feel' for an oil.

and finally,welcome! :)

10. Micheal76y

Micheal76y Just Arrived

thank u guys
    where to find tyson company? banner shows the company stood first.

i will buy 0.5 ml. neither samples nor 2.5 ml. so that i could consume them rather than reselling. If not brands, from the market section, it will be done. first i will write emails to brands for 0.5 ml to avoid any doubts of whatsoever.

Faizal_p and Ouddict like this.
  11. powdernose

powdernose Oud Sprite

Welcome.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TysonLeeMortensen

Different vendors may have slightly differing sizes they sell at, but most don't have 0.5ml options.
    Some may accomodate based on total order volume, some may not. Good luck with that.

Another factor you may consider in your merketplace analysis is that EO and AA have been around longer.

Ouddict and Sproaty like this.
  12. Micheal76y

Micheal76y Just Arrived

thanks powdernose

i've ordered different oils from different brands. they showed consent to sell 0.5 ml. it's good sign. some members guided also to buy less to avoid reselling.

any reseller sor any members from pakistan? i would love to call on the members from pakistan.

Hamza H likes this.
  13. Fahad

Fahad Whats this Oud About?

Some people like myself are Serial Samplers...Our modus operandi is based on the 3S model.. Snag, Smell, Sell .. Can add a fourth S after Smell which is a variable, either Swoon or Sulk. Usually the former.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    Mustakim Godil likes this.
  14. Fahad

Fahad Whats this Oud About?

Neat market analysis Michael!

Also to affirm the point regarding 0.1ml as Sproaty pointed out or even 0.05 ml, can give a good many tries for making a well deliberated decision.

I think one ought to try out the best from all vendors (including the likes of Ajmal and ASAQ :) to see what's on offer and then decide for themselves.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    Mustakim Godil likes this.
  15. O-l-e

O-l-e Just Arrived

Just a little "Hi" from my side, too.

I am Oliver, from Germany, and have now had the opportunity to read some interesting details on manufacturing of oud oil here. And gained some insight into the scene behind this mysterious and so natural stuff :)

I do want to say Thank You! to the makers and admins of this platform!

All the best for all of you makers and users! :)

Martin, Dan, Faizal_p and 4 others like this.
  16. Sproaty

Sproaty Sproudy Staff Member

welcome, Oliver - nice to have you on board! Where in Germany are you based?

17. O-l-e

O-l-e Just Arrived

Many thanks Sproaty. I am based right in the center of Germany - in Kassel. Not too many will know this middle-sized town ...

Sproaty and Dan like this.
  18. Al Shareef Oudh

Al Shareef Oudh Resident Artisan

was discussing this with a brother from the ouddict community today.

Our noses change over time.

We change over time.

The same fragrance smells different in two different places.

Or a more complex perspective...

The smell sense in humans is a sophisticated faculty. If you were served some fish at home, and you found it well balanced in taste and flavour, then you drove to the seaside and the same fish was served to you as you looked at the waves breaking in on the breach, that very same fish would taste different, slightly more salty.

Something even more interesting, if you stayed at home and instead of driving to the beach you put on some headphones that had the sound of waves and seagulls, your fish dish would taste different. It would smell more oceanic and salty.

Our sense of taste and smell are influenced heavily by the imagery that we take in via our eyes and ears. Whilst people will argue that they know better, the fact remains that the imagery painted in our minds, whether by spoken words, writing, drawing, visual (videos), presence at a site all alter our perception of what we smell after. This carries true especially for beginners. Noses that are not trained face a few challenges, firstly being able to detect the array of different smell and their nuances, secondly being able to correctly label the smells that they do detect. This is a moment of vulnerability, as the olfactory library is basic and imagery at this point has even a greater baring on how one perceives a smell. At this point one may see a wonderful film, feature or write up about a fragrance and in the mind conjure an amazing scenery, in fear of missing out we rush to buy the fragrance based on our perception. Time passes by our olfactory library starts to develop, we are able to detect more smells and correctly identify them by their names or associate them to a descriptions, or olfactory library is developing. We start to move from perception based purchases more towards personal preference purchases, things we actually find pleasure in, and at this point we have an idea of what we want.

As you are starting this journey, the challenge you face is purchasing on an image that is conjured in your mind by what you see and read vs the product that you receive and somewhere down the line smell with a more developed olfactory library and weigh how closely the image in your mind at the time of purchase measures against the reality of the product when you have a mature olfactory library.

welcome to the forum all new members.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019 at 4:56 PM

Promote Oud!