AlHindOud

Resident Artisan
Salaam and hello everyone,

Alhamdulillah!

I have no other words to describe my feelings after successfully distilling and finally releasing the much-anticipated Mysore sandalwood oil. It's a sinking grade red meat (heartwood), as I indicated earlier, and it comes from a single tree that is over 70 years old.

What could possibly go wrong when you are using a food grade stainless steel pot and glass condenser with dual Clevenger? I made sure to capture every possible compound from the wood.

Smell:

The top fraction was remarkable after several days of distilling at a low temperature. It was so addictive that I wish I could keep some for myself. After gathering all the fractions, there was an immediate oomph—am I smelling a room full of fragrant wood? That's what sprang to mind. This oil has slightly more intense flowery top notes than its predecessor, which are followed by a distinct sweetness that lingers throughout the drydown. The central creamy texture is ingrained in the DNA and gets increasingly noticeable with age.

Having stated that, allow me to proudly introduce to you ‘Mysuru 2’

2.5g - $120
5g - $220
10g - $425

DM to purchase.

Mysuru 2 - Sinking.jpg

An Najwa

Resident Artisan
I was lucky enough to be gifted some of this oil sometime ago by beloved @AlHindOud
this Mysore oil is very good to be a young oil
The smoothness it has is not usually found in other younger ones.
Smooth, creamy, buttery, sweet, woody, spicy and a little touch of citrus in the opening (not that harsh green citrusy note like cedar)
Drydown is smooth refined old sandalwood
The Aroma you get when you heat authentic Mysore chips on low heat.
Mysuru 2 captures somewhat similar to the Aroma of that.
Hat's off to my brother, Mohammed!

Last edited:

AlHindOud

Resident Artisan
I was lucky enough to be gifted some of this oil sometime ago by beloved @AlHindOud
this Mysore oil is very good to be a young oil
The smoothness it has is not usually found in other younger ones.
Smooth, creamy, buttery, sweet, woody, spicy and a little touch of citrus in the opening (not that harsh green citrusy note like cedar)
Drydown is smooth refined old sandalwood
The Aroma you get when you heat authentic Mysore chips on low heat.
Mysuru 2 captures somewhat similar to the Aroma of that.
Hat's off to my brother, Mohammed!
thanks brother! Appreciate your honest review.

It was bound to be special as my 2 years old daughter helped me in grinding and filling the pot with her tiny little hands! 😍 she calls everthing Oud and first one to sniff all my newly distilled oils. 😄

Mr.P

oud<3er
I’m not surprised… Quality album Sandalwood is such a wonderful thing and many people have really not had a chance to experience it. The oils I smelled from AlHind have been as good as anything I’ve encountered in the last 10 years at least.