• IMPORTANT NOTICE: DURING THIS MONTH, WE WILL BE MAKING MANY CHANGES TO OUDDICT AND SOME WILL INVOLVE EITHER TAKING THE SITE OFFLINE OR THE REMOVAL OF FEATURES. PLEASE BEAR WITH US WHILE WE TRY AND IMPROVE THE EXPERIENCE PROVIDED BY THIS SITE TO ITS VALUED MEMBERS, THANK YOU.

My thougths about my journey and expirience with EO

JimiKofski

Oud Beginner
Hey,

i had some bottles from EO. My first was Kusumu (it was recommended for the first oud), really fruity, i've wondered it shoud be pure oud. Second was Oud Mostafa. Great, completly different, barnyard, thought this is animalic, but now i think animalic oud smell different like this.

Ordered Aroha Yusuf, wow, smoky, but i like it

Then i bought Borneo 2000, because it runs low. I am happy with this. Woody and vanillic scent.

I am happy with all, because i am looking for oils, which scents are going in different directions

i had more expirience with burning oud chips and had samples with Tigerwood 1990 (great), Oud Extraordinaire, Peoples Silani and King Kambodi.

Next i've bought Wang Liao Kuo. It was a blind buy, i like it, no matter, but it has to much similarities with Oud Extraordinaire, Peoples Silani and King Kambodi. Its to much in the same direction, i dont know, maybe its my beginner nose?

I have to be carefully, not to get more of oils, which have to much similarities with this scent profile.

I hope you understand my problem?

Now i've ordered Sultan Mehmet, because, i think its a great thing.

In future i hope, i can pick up ertrugul gasi and Borneo 50k (i hope its different in compare to Borneo 2000) and these oils are to expensive, to buy a sample, i don't know :) )

Maybe the best days of EO oils are gone and the new oils have to much similarities.

Next i try samples from RBO and RP and other

Anybody has any hints for me?

If you like smoky oud, Aroha Khaku 2020 is really good by EO. It's not sold out just removed from website. You can request privately to get it.

Something different from EO would be Lao Cha.

If you want to try different vendors you can try Immortal Oud. He has trat Templar that's very nice. Also Ashworth oud has Borneo Tarakan that's very good.

I personally love RBO mizoram. 30 day soak. It's animalic and barnyard. Not sure if that your cup of tea.

From the house of Al Hashimi there is lots to try. If you want something different. Try their hindi oils and their oil called Sabah Jinko.