1. Please excuse us while we carrying out important changes to the forum.

Musks in Blends

Discussion in 'Musk' started by AbasFrag, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Salahuddin

Salahuddin Whats this Oud About?

rancidity

l Shareef Oudh, post: 23387, member: 18"]Sorry Jimmie i have been very busy last few months and I missed this.

You raise a very interesting point regarding the role of antioxidants in essential oils. Many essential oils have antioxidant properties. Antioxidants prevent oxidation from taking place, and this is why antioxidants are recommended for consumption and application.

One of the interesting discussions is that such properties in essential oils makes them much more resistant to oxidation, so what about the view that little amounts of air in a bottle or vial will ruin your precious oils? Is it really that critical and urgent?

Coming back to your question, when it comes to blends and perfumery it is best to use oils that will alter the least in a negative way and distilled oils perform much better than pressed oils. Pressed oils generally deteriorate fairly rapidly over time. For example cold pressed virgin olive oil loses most its goodness within the first 18month and thereafter has no to little benefit for consumption.

With regards to Moringa if you can get distilled moringa oil than this is better suited for perfumery, however the common method used currently is pressed moringa, then for that try to use one that has freshly been pressed, macerate your musk in it and keep in dark and cook place. As the mixture ages and since it will not be consumed you don't really need to worry about the health properties of the oil, as long as you store it correctly so that when it does change it does so in a good way from a scent perspective. Moringa oil not stored correctly can change in a bad way and smell rancid.

Hope that helps[/QUOTE]

MCT oil is odorless and capture true scent. Another advantage of MCT is it can be mixed in alcohol. But
    rancidity remains a concern. On the other hand Sandalwood gets better with age. I am macerating ambergris in vintage Mysore Sandalwood oil. It's emits wonderful smell as I remove top lid of the bottle.

Rai Munir and Mustakim Godil like this.
  2. Salahuddin

In my opinion the flavor excites your olfactory whereas its overall effect pleases your soul

Rai Munir and Tarik like this.
  3. Salahuddin

IMG-20200131-WA0003.jpg

I have macerated at same ratio except that the Musk grains are from Nepal

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    Rai Munir, Tarik and Oudamberlove like this.
  4. Fahad

Fahad True Ouddict

I'm smelling these on a strip as I type. The Tibetan smells more like blend but oh so beautiful with a feminine oudy touch to it..The muskiness is definitely present.

The nepali tonkin...One of the best musks I've tried from the big houses. Depicts in a beautiful way the smell of pure musk grains with an added I don't know what sweetness to it.

Rai Munir and Oudamberlove like this.
  5. Dan

Dan True Ouddict

Try Sunnah Musk from ASQ .... after trying the tonkin, Tibetan etc I purchased this blend ... its 100% worth a try

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Oudamberlove likes this.
  6. Fahad

Fahad True Ouddict

I had that one a long time ago. A very strong blend with some oud making it expensive is what I heard..I didn't quite appreciate it but that's the way with fragrance I guess. I had someone smell the Tonkin and they remarked it reminded them of an old toilet cleaner smell they experienced when entering the lavatory. : /

Don't like that they call it Sunna Musk, but that's another topic.

7. Salahuddin

Musk Santal Rose should breath-taking. Have you tried ambergris accord in this blend?

I have equal proportion of each vintage sandalwood and rose otto maceration in progress with 10% ambergris. Would love to blend it once Musk & sandal is ready

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    Rai Munir, Oudamberlove and Dan like this.
  8. Salahuddin

Brother
    Could you help me sourcing PAKISTANI Rose Essential Oil. I will really appreciate.

Rai Munir likes this.
  9. Salahuddin

I had same experience with rose otto but after a month rose may disappear

Hakim likes this.
  10. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

A vintage Musk Maceration ended today. I think, now more Sandal and different Oud oils to be macerated in the grains already saturated with Malaysian, Vietnamese and Indonesian Ouds. Kashmiri and Tibetan grains are there. Of course, the Sandal will be Mysore.

By the way, this paste is crazy Musky.

IMG20200206172413.jpg

Fahad, Tarik, zakinkazi and 3 others like this.
  11. Salahuddin

Would add more grains in maceration?

Rai Munir likes this.
  12. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Respected Salahuddin, alas! I couldn't find even a single person distilling rose here. Here people import rose oil from other countries.

This is why I am planning to distill rose and some other ingredients. Let's see.

Fahad, Tarik, Oudamberlove and 2 others like this.
  13. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Of course, I will add more grains as it will make the maceration stronger.

Oudamberlove and Salahuddin like this.
  14. Salahuddin

In terms of percentage how much new would you add?

Rai Munir likes this.
  15. Salahuddin

Wish you good luck in your distillation project.

Could refer a person in Pakistan who can provide rose EO in Karachi

Rai Munir likes this.
  16. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

0.4 grams will be added in already 1.2 grams. And the oil will be awesome.

Oudamberlove and Salahuddin like this.
  17. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Sharing contact will highly be appreciated.

Though I am not in Karachi, it can be managed to acquire from him.

18. Salahuddin

I have some that crystallized in refrigerator and melt in my palm within minutes but I was curious if somebody could provide as I couldn't find it available commercially.

Promote Oud!