Salahuddin

Oud Beginner
Respected Jawed, well, whenever I read your post contrary to my crude opinions, I follow your decisions, or at least repress and snub my opinions. You have prerogative to say as you are very much in the field.

So far as copper smell goes, I said that holding a copper pot (alloy), leaves some coppery smell on one's hand. Even today, I am of the same opinion or hunch, though I repressed this months ago. Another respectable member also endorsed what you said, and negated mine. Anyway.

Whenever I write or talk about Musk, I always mention the aroma/ smell/ scent. fragrance is 'nameless'.

I am writing an article on Musk. Hope I will post it soon. At the moment, I am totally lost in Musk macerations. Approximately 25 ml Mysore Sandal in different bottles, and Musk and Musk and Musk grains. Tibetan, Kashmiri, Siberian. Single Musk macerations, and then mixing two Musks in Sandal, and then mixing three Musks in two different Mysore Sandals. A lot of vials are there having Ouds and Musks.

After your question, I will try to write, if I could. Even when I talk about Oud and attars, I never relate the smell with some other smells. I am inclined towards effect.

Hope, I will be able to give words and names to what I sincerely consider beyond words and names.

In my opinion the flavor excites your olfactory whereas its overall effect pleases your soul

Salahuddin

Oud Beginner
Kashmiri, Siberian & Tibetan Musks & Mysore Santal: Well, now I have learnt a little bit, not more than 1 per cent, that what 'fragrance' actually is. Without letting the applicator out, the fragrance unleashes itself to swallow whosoever tries to smell that.
At least 1 gram Musk ( Kashmiri, Siberian, and Tibetan, and the Tibetan is comparatively more than the other two, because I have enough Tibetan grains), and approximately 2 grams Mysore Sandal. Just three days before I macerated it. But the aroma is matchless. It nullifies aging, and affirms the amount of Musk is all that counts.
View attachment 3026
View attachment 3027
IMG-20200131-WA0003.jpg

I have macerated at same ratio except that the Musk grains are from Nepal

Last edited:

Fahad

True Ouddict

I'm smelling these on a strip as I type. The Tibetan smells more like blend but oh so beautiful with a feminine oudy touch to it..The muskiness is definitely present.

The nepali tonkin...One of the best musks I've tried from the big houses. Depicts in a beautiful way the smell of pure musk grains with an added I don't know what sweetness to it.

Dan

True Ouddict
I'm smelling these on a strip as I type. The Tibetan smells more like blend but oh so beautiful with a feminine oudy touch to it..The muskiness is definitely present.

The nepali tonkin...One of the best musks I've tried from the big houses. Depicts in a beautiful way the smell of pure musk grains with an added I don't know what sweetness to it.
Try Sunnah Musk from ASQ .... after trying the tonkin, Tibetan etc I purchased this blend ... its 100% worth a try

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Fahad

True Ouddict
Try Sunnah Musk from ASQ .... after trying the tonkin, Tibetan etc I purchased this blend ... its 100% worth a try

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I had that one a long time ago. A very strong blend with some oud making it expensive is what I heard..I didn't quite appreciate it but that's the way with fragrance I guess. I had someone smell the Tonkin and they remarked it reminded them of an old toilet cleaner smell they experienced when entering the lavatory. : /

Don't like that they call it Sunna Musk, but that's another topic.

Salahuddin

Oud Beginner
:praying: I am sure it will be like this, but at this point of my life, it is not so.

" Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them" Shakespeare said, and rightly said.

Wet Musk grain aroma is matchless. No alternative at all. (Born Great)
Musk and Santal is perfect beauty. (Achieved Greatness)
Musk Santal Rose is breath-taking. (Greatness Achieved)
Musk and Oud excellent aroma. (Greatness Thrust upon)

You are an expert, while I am an amateur. What you know, I don't, and possibly I can't.

Respected Rasoul Sulehi is more than honourable to me, but his fragrance orientation is quite contrary to mine. So my not seeing him using Santal is no criterion to measure something.

I know just Musk. Blending Musk oil or macerating Musk grains in Santal or Oud is not for the sake of having new aroma, but to preserve Musk. But Rose in Musk Santal is what I love the most in blends.

Heating: I presume heating is when something is deliberately done to expedite some process for some specific purpose. Otherwise, here in Pakistan, if maceration is not kept in a fridge, wherever you place the jar, it is on a mug warmer with switched on:Roflmao:.

I keep a tiny jar of Musk grains (a bit soaked in Santal oil drops) with me. Why I stress upon Musk Sandal? Because I feel, rather I have experienced that Musk aroma remains 80 per cent intact in it.

Cheers and peace.

PS: Please guide me how to use Musk Tincture. I mean can I blend it in some oils, either Santal or Oudh or any else? Thanks

Musk Santal Rose should breath-taking. Have you tried ambergris accord in this blend?

I have equal proportion of each vintage sandalwood and rose otto maceration in progress with 10% ambergris. Would love to blend it once Musk & sandal is ready

Last edited:

Salahuddin

Oud Beginner
Musk Rose maceration is approximately 13 months old. Kashmiri Musk and White Rose, Bulgarian Rose and Persian Rose. Rose oils were transparent, but now you can see the colour. When macerated, the aroma was Rose and just Rose. But now Rose is Musk Rose. A nameless serenity has seeped into that aroma. I use it in blends. Now just 1 ml is left. I have placed orders for Pakistani Rose and Turkish Rose oils. Both will reach by tomorrow. And Taif Rose I will acquire from Saudi Arabia- Al Kama'al lil Wurood.

Just Rose is a loud fragrance for me. But in this maceration what I experienced brought a drastic change in my views. Now majority of blends are having this Musk Rose. But the Rose is controlled. Not at all loud. The reason is not just less amount, but the Musk has harnessed it, and injected fire and flare and depth.
View attachment 5284

Brother
Could you help me sourcing PAKISTANI Rose Essential Oil. I will really appreciate.

Rai Munir

Musk Man
A vintage Musk Maceration ended today. I think, now more Sandal and different Oud oils to be macerated in the grains already saturated with Malaysian, Vietnamese and Indonesian Ouds. Kashmiri and Tibetan grains are there. Of course, the Sandal will be Mysore.

By the way, this paste is crazy Musky.

IMG20200206172413.jpg

Salahuddin

Oud Beginner
Respected Salahuddin, alas! I couldn't find even a single person distilling rose here. Here people import rose oil from other countries.

This is why I am planning to distill rose and some other ingredients. Let's see.

Wish you good luck in your distillation project.

Could refer a person in Pakistan who can provide rose EO in Karachi

Salahuddin

Oud Beginner
Sharing contact will highly be appreciated.

Though I am not in Karachi, it can be managed to acquire from him.

I have some that crystallized in refrigerator and melt in my palm within minutes but I was curious if somebody could provide as I couldn't find it available commercially.

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Musk Ambergris Santal: It is not beautiful, soothing and smooth at all. It is simply ferocious, rough and overwhelming. So, I love it.

Grey Ambergris, the one of the best quality I ever tried, and Kashmiri Musk- not meticulously cleaned, and Mysore Santal.

Heated ambergris and mixed Musk grains and epithelium to make paste. Later, Santal oil was mixed in that paste.

Nowadays, I am wholeheartedly into Musk and Ambergris maceration as I found it way more rough tough, pure and primordial.

No technique, no embellishment, no hidden formula or recipe, no artisanship. Simple, and just simple!

IMG20200419002656.jpg