Musks in Blends

Discussion in 'Musk' started by AbasFrag, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Click on the Rising Phoenix Perfumery Banner above, or find JK on Etsy by searching
    RisingPhoenixPerfume that’s one word:D

I am amazed at how many different products JK offers. It’s like the Walmart of the Oud and Scents world:eek:

Sproaty, Bryan-I and SydnorIII like this.
  2. SydnorIII

SydnorIII Barn Bro

Sorry, I should have mentioned his company name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Rakeeb Mir

Rakeeb Mir Guest

Thanks buddy

4. Fahad

Fahad Oud Fanatic

Dabbed on some old ambergris infused EO sandalwood oil which has been macerating in NinjaRobb's Siberian musk grains since last november...The musk continues to conquer. Previously it was only present in the top note and the sandalwood dominated the middle and drydown. The sandalwood seems to have all but submitted to the suavely savage Siberian sweetness from beginning to end.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  5. Ulugbek Abdumominov

Ulugbek Abdumominov Legal Central Asian Musk Expert and Trader

It's possible to find Tibetan musk.

6. Kabir Attars

Kabir Attars OudSufi

How much musk grains do you have in this bottle...:eek:

7. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

Not as much as it looks like! The curved glass magnifies the image considerably. I would say maybe a gram on the bottom only.

Mustakim Godil and Kabir Attars like this.
  8. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

New Musk Venture: (Musk- the Monarch)
    One gram Musk (Kashmiri, Tibetan), four gram Mysore Santal in each large sturdy glass bottles, and then Oud oils from the small vials ( four Oud oils in each large bottle).

I had decanted the three year old musk maceration oils from the large bottles last day. Now reusing those grains with new Santal and Oud oils. I am sure the scent will be quite different as the grains had already absorbed enough Tigerwood and Archipelago.
    IMG20190923211340.jpg

9. Mr.P

You are the musk scientist. Nice work. Takes some guts to soak musk in oud! No doubt a great combination but given the impact of oud, I’d be afraid of losing the musk. I think this comes from a kind of scarcity mentality. I’ve only smelled the tiniest tiniest amount of musk and it is unlikely I will encounter much more in my life. The thought of combining it like that (to me) equates to a loss of something almost un-replaceable! I think to you musk is more of a readily available substance and so experimenting with a batch does not equate to your losing the ability to enjoy musk altogether. If I were to use musk in a blend, I think I’d have to layer rather than mix. But that’s a scarcity mentality.

I’m actually ok with that in part because I really don’t want to hasten the extinction of these animals. It causes me anguish and I don’t think it’s melodramatic to feel anguish at the loss of an entire species (I actually think not to feel it generally means a person hasn’t had a chance to think deeply on the matter). What greater treason against our fragrantophile sisters and brothers than to wipe out the sole mechanism to produce the scent? A Mechanism that took literally unimaginable gulfs of time, chance, and struggle to evolve. That genetic code - those instructions to grow musk deer and thus musk - is one of a kind. You want to talk about something of incalculable cosmic value!?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  10. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Respected Mr P
    Well, Musk haunts me more than any other fragrance. Now other fragrances haunt me when there is Musk. You are right, Musk and Sandalwood are no issues for me. So, I am lavish in this connection. I know it is simply detestable, but it is a sort of obsession at the moment.

Personally, I love raw Musk grains. No alternative to that scent. Macerating Musk in sandal or Oud is to unveil the veiled shades of Musk. Now Oud is a sort of fixative oil for me to be used to preserve Musk scent.

I wish I could make one try these Musk Oud maceration oils. I have a strong reason why I macerate even holy grail sort of oils in Musk. If Sandal is very good, grains are of good quality and in good quantity and proper aging process is observed, the result would definitely be outstanding.

Respected Mr P, I am not and I can't be a musk scientist at all. But whatever I do here, I never miss even a minutest thing to observe. And taking risk has brought me such aromas that are just with me.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  11. Mr.P

I think observing carefully and experimenting and learning from the results and communicating them with others is the essence of science. I find your creative and inquisitive spirit to be admirable.:thumbsup:

12. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    Mustakim Godil and zakinkazi like this.
  13. Rocky

Rocky Just Arrived

Do any of my friends have any clue what Nepali deer musk pod and musk looks like and does anyone sell them as there really rare and hard to find?

14. Mr.P

Rai should know

15. Rocky

Rocky Just Arrived

Thanks Mr p I have contacted Rai munir.

16. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Five Musk Grains & Mysore Santal: The one I prepared two years before is RUNNING LOW:Roflmao:; so, I have to create a new one.
    IMG20191012131840.jpg IMG20191012140203.jpg

riviera274 and Mustakim Godil like this.

Promote Oud!