halim

Oud Relax
yes akhee omar i stand behind the natural misk oud khus rose alllllll lol

but have some blend bought in past smell good like some asaq blend pretty shure contains synthetic

Rai Munir

Musk Man
The Day of the Days is Today for me. The reason is as under:
Musk Pod (Empty but Musk lived here, so it smells DIVINE, and the MUSK GRAINS! What is that God has not blessed me with! Every thing! All praise be to God!
imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-s9YMDDHRk1DBEsV.jpg

imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-T23FrcuNaXkK.jpg

Ashfaque

Jonoon al Oud
This work has to be the most comprehensive guide to musk, it is a phd work by Anya King. ...

Masha'Allah. I learned a lot from this single thread. Thank you all very much for sharing! :) I have the book as well, albeit an extended and a more refined version of her excellent thesis. If you want to read it, pm me.

Best regards,

Ashfaque

Last edited:

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Today macerated Kashmiri Musk grain in Mysore Sandal: Almost 1 ml Mysore Sandal from Faheem Bhai, and almost a half gram pure Kashmiri Musk that I got from one of my friends. The stick I used to crush the Musk grains in Sandal has turned to be a mesmerizing magic wand.
This is what I had been looking for; just disastrous Kahmiri Musk.
imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-jNekVvVYjrD.jpg

Last edited:

hawk_757

Barn Bro
Received some deer musk, civet, castoreum, hyrax, and ambergris (all macerated in Mysore) from JK. All were incredible, but I was particularly stunned by the deer musk and the civet, which were both incredible! The price per ml just isn't within my budget, but I am so happy to have experienced them all. I would be glad to elaborate on my experience if any are interested.

hawk_757

Barn Bro
@Rai Muni I certainly trust you know the best. Hopefully one day I will get my hands on some Kashmiri...I believe what I tried was Chinese in origin. Musk is indeed an unparalleled scent!

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Where you got your Kashmiri musk from doude?
From my brother's friend who has contacts with hunters. He is not inexperienced in this regard as this is their family business since ages. Generally, I get wood from him as well. Ceylon sandal I got in bulk, because now I am addicted to its drink;). When I asked about Agarwood, he just remarked if you want to be robbed, go ahead:Cry:. This Musk he was not willing to share, but I kept visiting him, and finally I got some grams and empty Pod. Next time, he promised me that when he hunted, he will come to me. For me, he is more than trustworthy and reliable. His words are a stamp of authenticity. Traditional expert he is.

Respected Jimmie, Musk, especially Kashmiri Musk, is an addiction. I have no obsession other than Musk and Sandal. Just an hour before I put a few grain in a blend of Archipelago, Sasong, Semkhor, Mysore Sandal.

But one mistake, rather a blunder, I poured two drops of Borneo Zen:(:Thumbsdown:! And jasmine is there! Let's see what would be the scenario when it settles down. But BEWARE, if someone is habitual to experimenting, BZ can be used as jasmine, not something else. It is rather Jasmine Otto. I was waiting for Rose Otto or absolute that is to arrive to blend one drop. Being hasty, I picked BZ, and now sitting in the pool, rather whirlpool of jasmine. How difficult it is to bear floral incense for that much time! :Cry:

Nowadays, my hobby is to blend or macerate. Sandal and Musk I use sparingly. But use oud oils generously rather extravagantly. A few weeks before blended Tigerwood 95 and Mysore Sandal and Musk. It is excellent. Hope withing a month, I would have blended or macerated all ouds. I hope for the best;).

Last edited:
J

Jimmie Taylor

From my brother's friend who has contacts with hunters. He is not inexperienced in this regard as this is their family business since ages. Generally, I get wood from him as well. Ceylon sandal I got in bulk, because now I am addicted to its drink;). When I asked about Agarwood, he just remarked if you want to be robbed, go ahead:Cry:. This Musk he was not willing to share, but I kept visiting him, and finally I got some grams and empty Pod. Next time, he promised me that when he hunted, he will come to me. For me, he is more than trustworthy and reliable. His words are a stamp of authenticity. Traditional expert he is.

Respected Jimmie, Musk, especially Kashmiri Musk, is an addiction. I have no obsession other than Musk and Sandal. Just an hour before I put a few grain in a blend of Archipelago, Sasong, Semkhor, Mysore Sandal.

But one mistake, rather a blunder, I poured two drops of Borneo Zen:(:Thumbsdown:! And jasmine is there! Let's see what would be the scenario when it settles down. But BEWARE, if someone is habitual to experimenting, BZ can be used as jasmine, not something else. It is rather Jasmine Otto. I was waiting for Rose Otto or absolute that is to arrive to blend one drop. Being hasty, I picked BZ, and now sitting in the pool, rather whirlpool of jasmine. How difficult it is to bear floral incense for that much time! :Cry:

Nowadays, my hobby is to blend or macerate. Sandal and Musk I use sparingly. But use oud oils generously rather extravagantly. A few weeks before blended Tigerwood 95 and Mysore Sandal and Musk. It is excellent. Hope withing a month, I would have blended or macerated all ouds. I hope for the best;).

Nice. :O

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Is that an oud from ensor?
No, it is an itr from EO. Beautiful it is. But when I acquired it, the description said, it is Musk oriented, and very first day I got some musk notes. But finally I have found there is jasmine that is in large quantity. Musk I never sense at all now. I myself am perplexed why I got some trails very first day. Oud is there, but the region of oud is not mentioned on the website nor do I get any oud.
For a floral incense lover, it is a great itr. But, alas, I'm not, and can never be. So I use it as a jasmine essential oil in concoctions.