Musk Sandal Maceration Colour

Discussion in 'Musk' started by Asim Aziz, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Joyoud

Joyoud Whats this Oud About?

You don’t need any controller, the motor is AC 110V (for North America) and it’s Gear Motor .
    What you see in the photo is everything you need , this small motor run very slow 10 RPM and you can buy it from Amazon or any electronic store
    Again it’s a Gear motor and you can choose any speed before you buy,but I think mor than 10 to 15 RPM not going to work because it will start separating the grains because of the Centrifugal force.

2. Shamrose

Shamrose Whats this Oud About?

Lol everything i imagine , you make a reality out of it :Roflmao:

3. zakinkazi

zakinkazi Whats this Oud About?

Many thanks for your reply
    I live in new Zealand so we have 220V here although its all clear now. I have to look for 220v one.

Joyoud likes this.
  4. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Interesting and creative!

I keep newly macerated oil in my pocket whenever I go out. Gentle shaking and heating are there.

5. VPhong

VPhong Oud Tea

I think you must wear many layers of clothing to ensure you have enough pockets for all your bottles :Laugh::Thumbsup:

Joyoud, Rai Munir and Joe King like this.
  6. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

In fact our traditional dress is always with two side pockets. So I can have two pouches with two bottles each. :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:. And I really do so.

Kabir Attars, VPhong, Arsalan and 3 others like this.
  7. Joyoud

C4053804-DF80-4CC4-9A30-5FDB4C15059C.jpeg
    I have more than 3 years old Siberian musk macerated in Mysore Sandalwood oil and smells wonderful but after a while I can detect the Sandalwood oil scent then I came across your post few months ago about replacing a new musk grains and I decided to give it a try.
    So I replaced the oil with 1 gram of fresh Siberian musk grains and I added Mysore Sandalwood oil to the old musk grains.
    First few weeks the scent was very potent with a strong Ammonia (urine like) smell then start mellow down and rounded,cutting any sharp notes while the bottle spinning on the spinner.
    Now after more than 2 months the smell is out of this world and it’s very strong to the point that I can smell it after hours and hours (after shower)
    And for the first time I CAN NOT detect any Sandalwood oil anymore,pure musk (like the raw grains) and the colour is totally red now (the photo is a month ago).
    The old grains is already smells beautiful,it’s not like new maceration at all but aged one .
    I can’t wait to see and try it after a year or more.
    Thank you very much for the brilliant idea, this is the best if not the only forum of it’s kind where people like us can share and learn new thoughts and new ideas free of charge like true brothers.
    Thank you all.
    J.

8. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

:praying::praying::praying:
    :raisedhands::raisedhands::raisedhands:

Now please share the views about the oil decanted from the bottle. Does that smell the way the oil smelt in the grains?

Joyoud, NinjaRobb and Arsalan like this.
  9. Joyoud

The old (aged macerated one) that I pulled from the bottle smell very nice and heavenly, but once I added the fresh musk grains and waited 2 months the smell,the longevity and the power it’s just multiplied not doubled (I mean it) multiplied many times and still very new maceration !
    I am very happy for the result, actually I am very impressed ,satisfied and surprised by the result.

Mr.P and Joe King like this.

Promote Oud!