• IMPORTANT NOTICE: DURING THIS MONTH, WE WILL BE MAKING MANY CHANGES TO OUDDICT AND SOME WILL INVOLVE EITHER TAKING THE SITE OFFLINE OR THE REMOVAL OF FEATURES. PLEASE BEAR WITH US WHILE WE TRY AND IMPROVE THE EXPERIENCE PROVIDED BY THIS SITE TO ITS VALUED MEMBERS, THANK YOU.

Musk oil 1:1 ratio

Djohn

Oud Beginner
Thank you so Brother Ulugbek, prices are excellent, communication was prompt. I am very satisfied with my purchase.

Purchased 1:3 and 1:4 musk/Mysore rose absolute and was given a bunch of other oud samples. Will have to do a review of the others in time.

1:4
Have to say it’s amazing.. the smell is honestly addictive. Beautiful sandalwood and very very musky.. I’m surprised to know that this is a young maceration. As the smell of the musk has already started to shine through the vernier of the sandalwood in a very pleasing way. It’s been 2 hours since the parcel arrived and I have been sniffing my arm for the last 2 hours.

scent wise, I do not smell any fecal notes nor pissy or ammonia notes, a slight sourish tinge is detectable. I actually do not quite know how to describe this in a way that would do it justice. Other than please try.

looking forward to how this baby will smell like after a few months

Thanks again warm regards from Singapore!

Zenvi

Oud Beginner
Thank you so Brother Ulugbek, prices are excellent, communication was prompt. I am very satisfied with my purchase.

Purchased 1:3 and 1:4 musk/Mysore rose absolute and was given a bunch of other oud samples. Will have to do a review of the others in time.

1:4
Have to say it’s amazing.. the smell is honestly addictive. Beautiful sandalwood and very very musky.. I’m surprised to know that this is a young maceration. As the smell of the musk has already started to shine through the vernier of the sandalwood in a very pleasing way. It’s been 2 hours since the parcel arrived and I have been sniffing my arm for the last 2 hours.

scent wise, I do not smell any fecal notes nor pissy or ammonia notes, a slight sourish tinge is detectable. I actually do not quite know how to describe this in a way that would do it justice. Other than please try.

looking forward to how this baby will smell like after a few months

Thanks again warm regards from Singapore!
After reading your review I decided to purchase the 1:4 Musk/Mysore maceration. I must say, I have to agree with you wholeheartedly on your assessment. Rather than being greeted by a fecal/ animalistic type musk, your olfaction is overtaken by a warm, pleasant musky accord further enhanced by the Mysore oil giving it, what I describe, as a sweet smell. I had the pleasure of smelling the grains by themselves, and all I can say is Mashā Allah what a smell.

Brother Ulugbek is a pleasure to do business with, can't recommend him enough!

Djohn

Oud Beginner
After reading your review I decided to purchase the 1:4 Musk/Mysore maceration. I must say, I have to agree with you wholeheartedly on your assessment. Rather than being greeted by a fecal/ animalistic type musk, your olfaction is overtaken by a warm, pleasant musky accord further enhanced by the Mysore oil giving it, what I describe, as a sweet smell. I had the pleasure of smelling the grains by themselves, and all I can say is Mashā Allah what a smell.

Brother Ulugbek is a pleasure to do business with, can't recommend him enough!
Glad to hear my review pushed you in the right direction.. I’m still enjoying it regularly.. I’m thinking how this is going to last me till it reaches a year aging..hahaha

Atif Ahmad

Oud Fan
Received my 1:3 and 1:4 today. I'm glad the mysore doesn't completely dominate the musk. Inshallah over time the mysore will continue to elevate (as opposed to dominate) the mixture.

I've rolled these back up in the original bubble wrap and stored them in a timber case in cold dark conditions. I haven't quite made up my mind as to what I'm going to do with these except allowing them to age as brother Ulugbek directed.

So to all ouddicts out there - what do you suggest I mix into the musk oil and at what point in the aging process?

Med

Oud Beginner
Ulugbek had told me to wait 6 months but after only 3 months I decided to try a swipe of 1:3 and its already very strong and smells so beautiful. Stayed more than 6 hours on my skin. I have other musks and one of them is 3 years old but doesn't smell as strong as this one.