Imran297

Oud Fanatic
As salaam alaikom,

I am planning to macerate some musk grains in a bottle (3ml) of IO 2002 santal I bought last year. I only used it a couple of times, so its like 85% full. What type of musk do you guys recommend me to use? A single type or a mixture of different musk grains? At what ratio? And any other santal oils you would recommend for this purpose?

TDK

Oud Fanatic
Use the weight and I would shoot for no less than 15%. Personally, I prefer 25-33% musk to maceration oil. Authentic musk grains can be hard to find and are a matter of preference. Use one of the vendors here and order samples of the different ones they offer. I prefer a tincture as opposed to a maceration because it is a faster diffusing process.

Andrew Salkin

it's aboud time!
Staff member
Use the weight and I would shoot for no less than 15%. Personally, I prefer 25-33% musk to maceration oil. Authentic musk grains can be hard to find and are a matter of preference. Use one of the vendors here and order samples of the different ones they offer. I prefer a tincture as opposed to a maceration because it is a faster diffusing process.

Has anyone ever seen or made a musk resinoid like Tyson did with the ambergris resinoid? That stuff is like ambergris for dummies and sooooo much easier to manage and work with than real ambergris.