• IMPORTANT NOTICE: DURING THIS MONTH, WE WILL BE MAKING MANY CHANGES TO OUDDICT AND SOME WILL INVOLVE EITHER TAKING THE SITE OFFLINE OR THE REMOVAL OF FEATURES. PLEASE BEAR WITH US WHILE WE TRY AND IMPROVE THE EXPERIENCE PROVIDED BY THIS SITE TO ITS VALUED MEMBERS, THANK YOU.

Musk Maceration- Mongolia and Tibet

Amohammed

Oud Fan
Left to right: Mongolian in Mysore sandal 10% (1 week), Mongolian in Jojoba 10% (1+ month)
*Musk sourced from Robb, Sandal from Govt factory and the carrier oils from Eden*

Still relatively young maceration but very strong animalic smell from the Mongolian/Jojoba maceration where as in the other one, it looks like the sandal smell got enhanced and I know this will change over time.
image1.jpeg

Left to Right: Tibet in Mysore 10% (1 week), Jojoba10%(1 week) and Moringa 10% (1+ month)
*Musk sourced from JK, Sandal from Govt factory and the carrier oils from Eden*

Sandal smell is enhanced, no smell at all for the later two. The grains I got were very fine and dry. When I smelled Tibetan grain, It was not as strong as Mongolian one but rather similar to dust you smell from the old book shelve.

image0.jpeg

Please help me understand the smell and the Tibet maceration as I'm still at the beginner stage with the musk.

Tauhid Shaikh

True Ouddict
Left to right: Mongolian in Mysore sandal 10% (1 week), Mongolian in Jojoba 10% (1+ month)
*Musk sourced from Robb, Sandal from Govt factory and the carrier oils from Eden*

Still relatively young maceration but very strong animalic smell from the Mongolian/Jojoba maceration where as in the other one, it looks like the sandal smell got enhanced and I know this will change over time.
View attachment 17321

Left to Right: Tibet in Mysore 10% (1 week), Jojoba10%(1 week) and Moringa 10% (1+ month)

Sandal smell is enhanced, no smell at all for the later two. The grains I got were very fine and dry. When I smelled Tibetan grain, It was not as strong as Mongolian one but rather similar to dust you smell from the old book shelve.

View attachment 17322

Please help me understand the smell and the Tibet maceration as I'm still at the beginner stage with the musk.
I guess give it some time, dry musk will unleash itself with sometime, on the other hand, the Mongolian grains are moist and semi dry, that’s why smelly!!

DubOudh

Aster Oudh

View attachment 17321

View attachment 17322

MarHaban.
They look very good already.
As a rule of thumb....I regard Siberian to be most urinary scent from container oil is shipped in...then Mongolian which is calmer from the shipping vessel. Kashmiri/Tibetan have to my nose the least intrusive scent from container. In the different maceration oils...they go different ways in scent profiles over time.
BUT TIME IS HIGHLY IMPORTANT INGREDIENT TOO. YOU PROVIDE THAT.
The sources you have used for ingredients are very reliable and trustworthy. Be at ease there.
The scent profile will change Insha'allah..
You have the makings of some very beautiful scent there. Be patient.
One thing...try not to keep opening the bottles to smell them.
Turn them, apply heat at a gentle rate and refrain from opening top. If you do...then make sure the swipe is still plugged in so air stays out AT THIS EARY STAGE.
Great work...🙏🙏