DubOudh

Aster Oudh
Have begun experimenting with this mix. The Jasmine was about 2ml...and the musk was Siberian and at least .25gm. Also added some ambrrgris. So far the Jasmine is major scent and musk is less stronger then I thought.... The ratio is quite leaning towards the musk but amazing how well the floral notes are holding their ground....much to think about here....

Attachments

• IMG_20201020_202915~2.jpg
    IMG_20201020_202915~2.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_20201020_065633~2.jpg
    IMG_20201020_065633~2.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 149

Ahmed S

Oud Beginner
I think with florals you need to be really careful with ratios. Even just work with drops. I have a 3gr musk/ambergris mix with is really barny and animalic. I added a few more drops of ambergris and basically one drop of rose sultan attar from EO and it really balanced with barny fecal notes and calmed it down the barn without taking away from the animalic notes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
Yes....I think a dilution is in order.....crazy how strong floral notes are.....thanks for pointers people...

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
Hello @DubOudh . What kind of Jasmine oil did you use ? Is it Ruh Motia, Ruh Bela ?
Hello.
I bought a very decent Jasmine from Ensar Oudh web site. Very beautifully scented. In amazement am I at the Jasmine scent still very much strong after three months maceration. Also it was Mongolian Musk and not Siberian Musk as stated above. But still a decent proportion for a 3ml bottle with ambergris... Ever ever so slightly weakened over that time but not near as much as I would have expected...to date.

Himanshu Sharma

True Ouddict
Hmmm. That Jasmine is wonderful.
From my short stint at making macerations, I find florals specially Jasmine and Rose to be too overpowering if added to the slightest excess.
Instead of macerating grains directly in Rose or Jasmine, I macerated the grains in a Sandalwood oil. I am intending to let it macerate for one year and then add Jasmine to one batch and Taif Rose to another batch drop by drop.

I'll add a drop, let it sit in for a day. Smell it the next day. I'll repeat the process until intended smell is achieved.

I read about this method in an old post here on Ouddict.

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
Hmmm. That Jasmine is wonderful.
From my short stint at making macerations, I find florals specially Jasmine and Rose to be too overpowering if added to the slightest excess.
Instead of macerating grains directly in Rose or Jasmine, I macerated the grains in a Sandalwood oil. I am intending to let it macerate for one year and then add Jasmine to one batch and Taif Rose to another batch drop by drop.

I'll add a drop, let it sit in for a day. Smell it the next day. I'll repeat the process until intended smell is achieved.

I read about this method in an old post here on Ouddict.
Yes...Quite right too.....I presently have a few bottles of Mysore Sandalwood with different Musks in them....and are at different stages in time...I was also fortunate enough to buy from a brother some one year old macerated musks...so I can add as you have suggested....my Jasmine bottle shall be another carrier that can be mixed along with a very special Dimashq rose oil distilled by Toni Bolton....it too is strength in a bottle.....so my developing and learning intention is to use these as "additive" oils to my other ones.....inshaa'allah!!

Last edited:

opixs

Oud Fan
I bought some Jasmine Sambac from Adam at feel oud years ago. Such a pure strong jasmine scent and oil.

I would never macerate musk in it myself. Jasmine would be too over powering.

I would add a few drops into maybe a maceration of musk with sandalwood or moringa oil. Same as I would do rose.

Maybe get some mysore sandalwood, pour the jasmine musk oil into another bottle and then add mysore sandalwood into the bottle with musk grains. The musk grains will still be quite potent to release scent and colour into mysore sandalwood with some jasmine already in there sunk into the musk grains.

It will be really hard to detect musk in the jasmine as you have done it is at the moment and if you do it will be very small amount after a very long time.

@Himanshu Sharma advice is good adding drop by drop daily until your satisfied with the scent.

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
I bought some Jasmine Sambac from Adam at feel oud years ago. Such a pure strong jasmine scent and oil.

I would never macerate musk in it myself. Jasmine would be too over powering.

I would add a few drops into maybe a maceration of musk with sandalwood or moringa oil. Same as I would do rose.

Maybe get some mysore sandalwood, pour the jasmine musk oil into another bottle and then add mysore sandalwood into the bottle with musk grains. The musk grains will still be quite potent to release scent and colour into mysore sandalwood with some jasmine already in there sunk into the musk grains.

It will be really hard to detect musk in the jasmine as you have done it is at the moment and if you do it will be very small amount after a very long time.

@Himanshu Sharma advice is good adding drop by drop daily until your satisfied with the scent.
Mostly I macerate in sandalwood oil. This was to see how the floral would react with the Mongolian Musk. The bottle is a 6ml bottle that has indeed changed colour already. While the Jasmine is very to the front, I have noticed it is less so when I use the glass stick from inside.
So on initial scent from the top of the bottle, the Jasmine is the prominent note. On further investigation below the surface the Jasmine is certainly changing profile. I tend not to open bottles during this stage and usually just shake and warm for first 6 months.
But just below the surface, Chang is happening after only three month's.
It's different and interesting....

Castingshadows

@scentofsamadhi
Jasmine is one of those materials where 1 drop in 3ml’s of a perfume composition can overpower EVERYTHING. I feel like a pure jasmine maceration will only show facets of jasmine but if you were to add 1 drop to another composition you’ll notice the musk jasmine SINGING!

Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer
As a rule of thumb musk will increase the projection and silage of florals.

Macerating musk in florals will conclude with a powerful floral, you will generally not be able to enjoy the animal and beast of musk in florals.

If you have a very nice floral and not enough of it and want to stretch it, then add some musk, otherwise musk + Oudh or musk + sandalwood is the way to go.

Mustafa

True Ouddict

Macerating musk in florals will conclude with a powerful floral, you will generally not be able to enjoy the animal and beast of musk in florals.

If you have a very nice floral and not enough of it and want to stretch it, then add some musk, otherwise musk + Oudh or musk + sandalwood is the way to go.
These are absolute gems, Barakallahu feekum my dear brother.

Fahim

Oud Beginner
Have begun experimenting with this mix. The Jasmine was about 2ml...and the musk was Siberian and at least .25gm. Also added some ambrrgris. So far the Jasmine is major scent and musk is less stronger then I thought.... The ratio is quite leaning towards the musk but amazing how well the floral notes are holding their ground....much to think about here....
Wish you good luck but I think after 6 months atleast your scent would be Musky/Oceanic jasmine because florals and especially jasmine didn't let any other things to breathe

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
Wish you good luck but I think after 6 months atleast your scent would be Musky/Oceanic jasmine because florals and especially jasmine didn't let any other things to breathe
Yes.....it seems to be that way from the evidence at the moment.....however brother...it shall not be wasted and it shall be infused along side something to make something that I shall truly call unique....inshaa'allah

Alion22

Oud Fanatic
Yes.....it seems to be that way from the evidence at the moment.....however brother...it shall not be wasted and it shall be infused along side something to make something that I shall truly call unique....inshaa'allah
In chaa llah. God bless

Alion22

Oud Fanatic

Thank you for the precious informations. What ratio of musk/oudh would you use in an oudh maceration ?