Moonshine Hojari

Discussion in 'Tyson Mortensen' started by tyson, Mar 15, 2019.

1. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Royal green hojari frankincense from oman co distilled with Tahiti Vanilla . Only the first fraction was kept as it held the bulk of the vanilla scent as well as contained the most delicate beautiful notes including the note that i love to chase the pop-rocks and champagne fizz. If you distill this type of frankincense for to long or at to high a heat it brings out the citrus notes and this is not what im after , a yellow colour in the oil is indicative of a lot of d-limonine and other citrus terpenes . I set out to capture my favourite ethereal notes of the frank and enhance that with vanilla, while filling the still with only Canadian fresh spring water . Almost 2 kilos of the highest grade vanilla was used in its creation . Sublime is the only word that come to mind with this oil that ive had to make over and over again to finally get to this stage of refinement . This is a pure clear hojary, the best ive ever distilled . I present moonshine hojari .
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/676895210/moonshine-hojari-royal-green-hojary?ref=listings_manager_grid
    nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.jpg hhhhhhhhhhh.jpg jjjjjjjjjj.jpg

VPhong, Joe King, powdernose and 2 others like this.
  2. Shabby

Shabby Junior Member

3. VPhong

VPhong Oud Tea

4. Mr.P

Mr.P Oud Fan

This looks great. I love that you are hands-on and sharing your experiments directly. I haven’t seen anyone, anywhere, doing this like you are - true direct artisanal distillation. You walk the walk Tyson.

Joe King, Shabby, Sproaty and 2 others like this.
  5. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Thanks @VPhong and @Mr.P .
    Great to hear that people are liking what im doing . I feel I finally understand what I want out of the Hojary . Ill be adding a step in the future of curing the oil in a rotovap, and I want to mess around with curing the oils in different mediums as well like quarts , gold , woods and other things

Joe King and VPhong like this.
  6. Mr.P

Mr.P Oud Fan

This must be epic. Save a ml for me - will order for sure along with some ambergris I think. I am messing with oud and farnkincense tinctures. The vanillin notes of the wood with the frankincense are a nice combo - your vanilla codistillation must be sublime.

tyson likes this.
  7. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

It really is beautiful , I made a little bottle of the moonshine hojary with white ambergris , its my favorite to wear . love love love . Not to many have smelled frankincense done like this !

Joe King likes this.

Promote Oud!