Taesik Yun

Attar Yun
Staff member
Posting a thread in the following threads now requires moderators' approval.
this new restriction will take place from December 28th, 2021.

Pure Essential Oils and Aromatic Woods For Sale
Natural Perfumes & Aromatics for Sale
Accessories for Sale

Note
The numbers of suspicious sales threads have been increasing over the last few months and we had a serious problem this summer.
this restriction won't 100% keep the members safe but we think it's one of the best options the current platform can provide.
we always welcome if you have any suggestions, so feel free to reach out through DM or leave a comment below.

DubOudh

Aster Oudh

Accessories for Sale

Note
The numbers of suspicious sales threads have been increasing over the last few months and we had a serious problem this summer.
this restriction won't 100% keep the members safe but we think it's one of the best options the current platform can provide.
we always welcome if you have any suggestions, so feel free to reach out through DM or leave a comment below.
This is an improvement restriction, in a time when the word restriction is not universally popular. Also long overdue. @Mr.P raised a thread about it a while back.
An astronomy forum I use to use applied this restriction for first ten posts. Trading is part of this community's life blood. I have bought from many vendors and private sellers alike here. So I have benefited from trading here. But I would always use my own sense when purchasing and never impressed with one hit posters. I like it and think in the longer run it may prove helpful to the Oudh community....👍👍👍

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
Unfortunately we have been literally forced into this move due to:

1. A number of scammers who have appeared on the marketplace this year. In previous years it was never an issue, but 2021 has been bad for some reason.

2. Some members treating the forum as a free extension of eBay, but with zero contributions on the mainboards.

We have held off from acting until now, but there was no other choice unfortunately. For trades going forward we will publish a buyer and sellers checklist to maximise the chances of a genuine transaction and to avoid falling for scams. But the onus is on members to be responsible when trading and make sure they follow the recommended guidelines.

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
Unfortunately we have been literally forced into this move due to:

1. A number of scammers who have appeared on the marketplace this year. In previous years it was never an issue, but 2021 has been bad for some reason.

2. Some members treating the forum as a free extension of eBay, but with zero contributions on the mainboards.

We have held off from acting until now, but there was no other choice unfortunately. For trades going forward we will publish a buyer and sellers checklist to maximise the chances of a genuine transaction and to avoid falling for scams. But the onus is on members to be responsible when trading and make sure they follow the recommended guidelines.
Pandemic is behind number 1 above..
All you need is one sale and the scammer is happy......"Let the buyer beware"
Perhaps a warning alert by the MODS when ever a scammer has been blocked so that posters know.
Although most long term posters don't even respond to these posts.....
Or perhaps a minimum post of say 20 posts before able to sell...but not sure how practical that would be.......
It has had an air of Ebay about it lately alright.... :)

Josephdavid

Oud Fan
I know some other fragrance websites used to have a rule of being an active member for either 6 or 12 months (can’t remember exactly) or having posted or responded to posts a certain amount of times- I don’t remember the exact number, but I do remember that it was pretty difficult (or at least wouldn’t be worth the tome) to achieve if you were a scammer trying to make some money- I know because I tried (not to scam, but to sale fragrances on that site)..

Mr.P

oud<3er
I used to find interesting commentary and conversation here daily. It just got completely flooded with people trying to make a buck. Some of the vendor posts are also kind of tedious and self-aggrandizing. I keep checking here once a week or so but it is rare to see anything of any interest other than a tiny discount maybe or some product launch or whatever.

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
I used to find interesting commentary and conversation here daily. It just got completely flooded with people trying to make a buck. Some of the vendor posts are also kind of tedious and self-aggrandizing. I keep checking here once a week or so but it is rare to see anything of any interest other than a tiny discount maybe or some product launch or whatever.
Most forums can go like that after a while...no matter what the content.
The selling posts have increased quickly but that's also why many come here to pick up something that may be hard to find elsewhere.
But agree the content can be a little sparse recently....but such is digital life...

Ouddict

Good point. I think part of the issue is that so many topics have been covered and answers are available that it probably pre-empts questions that members may have. It’s something for me and the admins to ponder and see if there is a resolution to this.

Andrew Salkin

it's aboud time!
Staff member

Accessories for Sale

Note

For complete transparency/clarity - it is unlikely your "for sale" post will be approved if:

1. You are a brand new member, with zero posts of contribution to the community.
2. Your first post/only posts are sales posts.

More comprehensive rules/updates will be released, but this also applies to existing sales posts. If you are someone who has a "for sale" post currently live, please don't be surprised if it is deleted.

Ebay is a great tool if you are just looking for a place to sell goods but not engage in the community.

Ouddict

WARNING:

Due to recent issues, for anyone who has an item for sale or swap, or is interested in such an item, please note the following marketplace rule that is contained in the Marketplace Rules thread.

It is NOT permitted to privately trade (sell, buy or swap) any items outside the marketplace, whether this is done using the other public boards on the forum or the private conversation facility. Any attempt to do so may result in a temporary or permanent ban of your account. We have had scammers try and avoid the marketplace restrictions by privately contacting members to offer items. This restriction applies to all members and any disputes arising from such transactions will not just warrant a ban of your account, but will also result in no support from admin should you be the victim of a scam.