Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
We are going to have to introduce marketplace limitations for all members due to a potential fraud that has occurred for the first time ever on this forum. The member concerned had an account since 2019, so it may be something else, but we cannot take the risk any longer.

Moreover, guidelines will be issued so members act sensibly and are informed on how to protect themselves. It is unfortunate, but one single act has now resulted in restrictions for everyone else.

New member will not be permitted to trade on the marketplace until they have been members for a minimum period and have a minimum number of posts.

These restrictions will continue until the marketplace is upgraded to another format this year.

Mustafa

True Ouddict
We are going to have to introduce marketplace limitations for all members due to a potential fraud that has occurred for the first time ever on this forum. The member concerned had an account since 2019, so it may be something else, but we cannot take the risk any longer.

Moreover, guidelines will be issued so members act sensibly and are informed on how to protect themselves. It is unfortunate, but one single act has now resulted in restrictions for everyone else.

New member will not be permitted to trade on the marketplace until they have been members for a minimum period and have a minimum number of posts.

These restrictions will continue until the marketplace is upgraded to another format this year.
Alhamdulillah this was long overdue.

Rai Munir

Musk Man
It is really painful to know about some fradulent element had crept into our community.

Hope this decision by the management would do.

New members ought to stay vigilant, in case the reseller is a new member too and has nothing to do with the forum except making deals and going away.

Ouddict

The person who did this was registered since 2019 and so would have been trusted, although his first posts were on the marketplace. The only way will be to issue marketplace "Keep Safe" guidelines, re-install the trust system which we unfortunately lost during the site upgrade recently and restrict the marketplace sales section to members who have been on the forum for 1 year or have more than 250 genuine posts.

Ouddict

In the meantime, please exercise some common sense and caution. Do not pay in crypto currencies and use PayPal Goods and Services if you are not sure - you can get a refund using this if things go wrong.

zahir

Ouducation Student
In the meantime, please exercise some common sense and caution. Do not pay in crypto currencies and use PayPal Goods and Services if you are not sure - you can get a refund using this if things go wrong.
I can attest to this. One 'well-known' seller, on Instagram, gave me extremely low quality wood compared to what I was made to believe. I opened the case the Paypal and got my refund through them. And the seller is no longer able to use PayPal as well.

Ouddict

Just installed a Marketplace Feedback system and will configure it over the next week or so. When it is ready, we will notify everyone on this thread and place new rules for the marketplace.

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
I only signed up today so thats sad to hear, regarding new people can we still buy stuff?
That's a good question. Many new members sign up mainly to sell, which may have triggered this action. But regarding buying from vendors....I certainly would be unclear. You have to "likes" from Mods....perhaps they are unclear as well.

Rai Munir

Musk Man
I think soon the management would intimate about the rules again. But I think one can make deals with the resident vendors as they are given place because their oils and their being fair are above question.

I think the whole issue has been triggered due to some reselling or non-resident vendor's selling dubious oil/s.

Chipkill

Oud Beginner
Few sellers don't accept PP GnS option, as it opens up an avenue for potential buyer fraud.

As you have mentioned, feedback system is the way to go. But, kindly work on an exception process for a specific new member to buy or sell. New members would be more eager to sample multiple oils, and also to sell some their impulsive buys. Most of the sales churn would be from a new member....natural process.

Ouddict

Few sellers don't accept PP GnS option, as it opens up an avenue for potential buyer fraud.

As you have mentioned, feedback system is the way to go. But, kindly work on an exception process for a specific new member to buy or sell. New members would be more eager to sample multiple oils, and also to sell some their impulsive buys. Most of the sales churn would be from a new member....natural process.

Unfortunately an exceptions process requires someone to manage it... we simply do not have the resources to do that. However, we will be launching a totally separate area that is not part of the main Ouddict page, where people can sell via auctions or classified listings and some form of trader rating scheme operates.

Ouddict

The feedback system is now operational. Now working on how to get back the legacy feedback scores for everyone.

Screenshot 2021-07-21 at 16.22.44.png

Screenshot 2021-07-21 at 16.22.36.png