Major Announcement - Forum Admin Change

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by Ouddict, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Arsalan

Arsalan Oud Fan

This forum is what truly opened the door to the world of oud for me & i’m sure for some other members too... many thanks @Ouddict & @Habz786 for creating this community!
    Best with the other endeavours!

2. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

@Ouddict thanks for the essay :D.....I know more than anyone how much behind the scenes work you have done on the forum, it takes alot of time, skills and commitment. Everyone really appreciates it and we have grown as a family/community together. Also big thanks to the new admins @Jenz amd @riviera274 for stepping up and being with us from get go. Not to mention every member of the forum and vendor we love you all :coupleheart:

Nicolas, Sproaty, PEARL and 11 others like this.
  3. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

No doubt respected Ouddict did a marvellous job. And now respected members- @jensz and @riviera274 have to administer all. Both are embodiment of prudence and calmness.

PEARL, Nadeem, OudGood and 5 others like this.
  4. Nadeem

Nadeem Resident Artisan

I’m back! As Nadeem :D

Sproaty, PEARL, Akhira and 11 others like this.
  5. oudlover

oudlover Oudologist

Ouddict and Habz , Thanks for all you did for the community

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  6. F4R1d0uX

F4R1d0uX Resident Artisan

A big thanks to all of you ! I still remember when @Habz786 came to recruit me.

At that moment none of us would have imagine we will meet one day.

Same for @Nadeem who appeared to be 1000x more classy in real life (mostly because I'm not easy to handle lol).

Both welcomed me a king during last oud Fayre, no wonder this strange mix between 2 very different persinalities has built such a nice forum : managed like a @Nadeem, easy going on discussions like a @Habz786.

I would like also to thank the new staff members all the mods but my heart can't help thinking about old time members who helped this forum growing, which has benefited to all newest : @MrP, @Ammar, @PEARL (hihi), @Oudamberlove, @keziro, @riviera274, @jensz and so on ... Sorry for all who I missed.

jensz, Sproaty, PEARL and 7 others like this.
  7. alcolado glacial

alcolado glacial Oud Fan

Thanks to Ouddict and Habz for providing us hours and hours of enjoyment in the form of this forum. I wish you both all the succes in your future projects.:Thumbsup::Thumbsup::Thumbsup:

Akhira, Rai Munir and Nadeem like this.
  8. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Respected @Mandeel, respected @Ammar and respected @Santal Claus have been exceptional in assessment of wood and oil. Whenever I wanted to know about wood, I awaited dear Mandeel's post, and when a new oil was launched, I wanted to read dear Ammar's post. And dear Santal Claus, more fragrant than Santal, was much awaited whenever a Santal oil had been released.

May they be healthy. I badly miss them.

MzM, jensz, Sproaty and 7 others like this.
  9. OudGood

OudGood Oud Fan

This forum has become oud dictionary for me. I think this forum is more responsible for turning me into an ouddict than oud itself because of the availability of information, reviews from experienced noses and a fantastic marketplace. Thank you @Nadeem and @Habz786 for creating the forum and best wishes to the new admins.

MzM, Sproaty, Nadeem and 6 others like this.
  10. jalil

jalil Oud bully

barak’Allah oufik brothers for your good work.

without all your work ouddict forum would never have seen the light.

MzM, Sproaty, Nadeem and 2 others like this.
  11. sami

sami Oud Fan

Jazakallah Khair and thank you brothers @Nadeem and @Habz786 for creating this forum which provided a wealth of knowledge to myself and the oud community all over the world. May Allah swt bless you in your future endeavors.

MzM, Akhira, Habz786 and 2 others like this.
  12. Sproaty

Sproaty Sproudy Staff Member

Are you for real? :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao: After having met Nadeem, well ...hahaha!
    Nah, congrats on the step-down, you've been wanting this for some time so good to see it finally happen. All the best with Al Hashimi, my newfound friend!

MzM, AbasFrag, jensz and 1 other person like this.
  13. Nadeem

Nadeem Resident Artisan

Is that the thanks I get for offering Welsh - English translation services so you could seamlessly communicate with English-speaking Americans in Las Vegas?

That and also educating people about the existence of Wales....

:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:

MzM, AbasFrag, jensz and 1 other person like this.
  14. Ouddict

Ouddict Technical Support

Just for clarification, in case anyone is wondering this account will be used for the following specific purposes only:

1. Technical support, maintenance and development @riviera274 @jensz please chase me for the forum technical overview session via remote.
    2. OudFest Threads
    3. Private (Marketplace) and Semi-Private (Scent Legends) sales to not interfere with my work for Al Hashimi.

Any questions or clarifications, please PM me. Thanks.

15. abu abdullaah

abu abdullaah Whats this Oud About?

what happened to mandeel i see that he hasnt been active for some time

MzM, Sproaty, Rai Munir and 1 other person like this.
  16. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

I have been trying to know about respected and more than dear Mandeel for months. Nowadays, respected Peter and Jimmie are absent as well. I really miss them. Respcted Mandeel is a unique man. How dangerous olfactory and honesty he is blessed with. May they all be happy.

MzM and Faheem like this.
  17. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

Mandeel is fine and sends his regards he is just mega busy at the moment :Thumbsup:

MzM and Nadeem like this.
  18. Nadeem

Nadeem Resident Artisan

He’s a bit wet at the moment. It’s raining heavily in Kuwait and floods are everywhere.

19. Ouddict

Ouddict Technical Support

I have notified the admin that I am finally and irrevocably stepping down from helping manage and run the forum on a daily basis at the end of April. I will of course remain the owner of this forum and maintain a say over existential things that concern the forum and focus on technical maintenance as mentioned previously, but I have honestly had quite enough of the dramas that occur now and again on the forum. Before I step down, I will codify the rules and governance so that everyone is clear what this community is about and what the rules are. In keeping with the forum ethos to include the members in having a say, the final draft of these rules and governance principles will be shared with the members on here for input before being finalised.

To date, only a single member of this forum has been permanently banned in the past three years. It is an incredible fact given the turbulence from outside that we have had on here at times and something the management were very proud of. However, this is no longer tenable, especially given the past 2-3 months where false rumours have been spread behind the scenes about the forum management and some of the vendors on it. Unfortunately some people are simply not bright enough to realise they are being manipulated by literally 2-3 people to serve an agenda which is the very anti-thesis of what they are supposedly calling for. It comes down to $$$$ or ego/reputational reasons at the end of the day and if this community folds, time will very quickly establish the real value of what Ouddict did for the general Oud customer and unfortunately the majority of the decent members on here (98% of you) will suffer from higher prices within a year of closure.

Therefore, due to the above considerations, I have also taken the unprecedented step of banning a very small minority of users who are no longer welcome on the forum due to issues that are rooted in a disregard for the well-being of Ouddict over an extended period of time. These members were welcomed with open arms for the past 3 years, but being open has been interpreted for too long as being open to abuse or rumour-mongering of which myself in particular and the forum in general has been the target of. This simply cannot be tolerated any longer and if you are one of the members affected and you feel that you have been unfairly banned, contact me and I can speak to you regarding the reasons behind the decision. If you attempt to come onto the forum under another guise, your name and location will be published and other members asked to report you to management. If you have been banned and cannot convince me to reinstate you, please do the decent thing and go elsewhere.

There are also a small minority of individuals who like to wade into controversial and "political" topics, but who may not have been banned... yet. If you know that you disproportionately pop-up to post on controversial threads, regardless of your “intentions” I advise you to stay away from doing this going forward and instead, focus on positive discussions and threads as I won't hesitate to swing the axe again at any time this year. You know who you are and so do the forum management - and again, to reiterate, this does not apply to 98% of the members on here who are just here for good and wholesome reasons.

The experience on this forum has been sullied by a very small minority and they will eventually ruin it for everyone else - just look what happened on Basenotes, not once, not twice, but three times. It will happen with this forum too if it carries on, but anyone found or thought to be fomenting trouble will be dealt with immediately and punitively. People may not realise it, but vendors, forum management and members talk extensively to one another and word gets to me pretty fast on the grapevine. I see a lot which quite frankly makes you wonder about the human condition, but we have so far adopted a policy of just ignoring characters like this. It’s not only forum members who I talk to, but also many vendors, perfumers and more outside of Ouddict who watch out for me and know me well and let me know what people are spreading when it concerns the community. I simply choose not to say anything, but it does not mean I do not see what this minority are doing. I do and so do the forum management. We’ve been a soft touch for too long and it’s been taken advantage of by some who want to keep pushing the boundaries of what they can get away with.

This is a unique community. It is not commercial, but recognises that there must be a commercial element included within its walls like any normal community would. To this end we invited every artisanal Oud vendor to participate and build an open community where marketing claims can be cross-checked by their peers and other members in a transparent environment. You can all see who responded to this call and who chose not to. Some prefer to operate in the darkness where they can get away with outlandish claims. We have only allowed vendors on here who have been brave enough to face competition in a very fair manner, without trying to undermine the competition in an underhand manner and generally operate on very small margins to provide people with excellent value products. I am really proud and honoured to have been associated with these vendors and the staff and owners who run them and wish them the best always. Certain well-known vendors who chose not to participate are conspicuous by their absence and I will leave it to the reader to draw their own conclusions as to why this is the case.

To end on a positive note, let's enjoy a positive experience, have fun, doing so and focus on why we are here - Oud.

Nicolas, riviera274, Grega and 3 others like this.

Promote Oud!