1. Please excuse us while we carrying out important changes to the forum.

Kynam Necklace Pendant

Discussion in 'Tyson Mortensen' started by tyson, Mar 9, 2020.

1. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Paid 500 a gram for this many years ago , probably worth double or triple that now
    2.2 grams

Taking any serious offer

IMG_0327.JPG

2. Bigboy

Bigboy Oud Fan

What kind of kynam just curious?

3. Andrew Salkin

Andrew Salkin it's aboud time!

Kynam usually means Vietnamese right?

4. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Yes its Vietnamese , its quite fragrant after you wear it and it warms up, I always catch myself sniffing it , one of lifes little pleasures

5. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Ill start a bidding at what I paid for it , 1200.00 a great opportunity for someone as it will only appreciate in value , and is already valued at 2200-2400

The pendant is 55 mm long and 8 mm wide at the top and 20 mm wide at the base , its 5 to 8 mm thick , gorgeous ripples in the grain up and down and then again left to right , something you never see , very high chi artifact

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  6. Andrew Salkin

Andrew Salkin it's aboud time!

Out of pure curiosity, is this something that could be used for heating vs wearing or does wood like this get "swampy" or weird after it's been worn against someone's skin for a while as jewelry?

7. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

It does get imparted with the energy of the wearer , I don't wear it much so its still pretty original . The longer its worn the less id use it for heating, or your heating the oils that have been absorbed too , but this is not something id use for heating anyway lots out there for that , this is worn for its therapeutic and chi energy . It increases the inner fire , its vibration is one to be attuned to that we may resonate with it , in this way its an invaluable instrument in a spiritual pursuit of enlightenment . Some agarwood pieces should never be burned I would not with this one but each to there own it will burn beautifully , what makes this piece special is in its shape there are waves that run in its grain from left to right and then again from top to bottom very unusual and powerful configuration , you dont see that much in woods so its quite special in its energies . Its very fragrant even at room temp , flowers, plumbs , honey , milk, tantalizing etherealness, deeply sexual and thought provoking , no real need to burn it as it releases its own magnificense without any burning , something to hand down to another generation . its smell always makes me wonder what a real agarwood oil would smell like if made from a wood like this , certainly nothing thats out there now , sadly . The oils we play with now are but shadows of what agarwood oil could be

Arsalan likes this.
  8. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Im going to reduce the asking price to 950

9. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

reduced to 700 for a quick sale , need funds

10. Hakim

Hakim Oud Fanatic

What type of kinam would this be under Chinese classification?

11. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Aquilaria Sinensis is known to produce the Chinese version of Kynam, whilst Aquilaria Crassna and potentially Malaccensis as well, was thought to produce the Vietnamese/Cambodian form of kynam.
    I belief this is a Crassna Vietnamese kynam .
    Its sold as well !!

12. asifkafridi3

asifkafridi3 Whats this Oud About?

Hey guys I bought this necklace from Tyson and it just arrived this week. I have to move in the coming weeks and was thinking to sell some things.

I thought I would put this necklace up for sale. Same price Tyson kindly offered me $650. Will also include various our/attar samples. Message me if interested. Shipping within USA, tracked and insured.

20200322_114511~2.jpg

20200322_114614~2.jpg

20200322_114503~2.jpg

Hakim likes this.
  13. asifkafridi3

Necklace reduced to $485 for until April 7th. My wedding anniversary is coming up would like to get something nice for the wifey :)

amanitamusc and Hakim like this.
  14. amanitamusc

amanitamusc Oud Fan

I will buy it from you. Sending PM. I will gladly wear this for its spiritual quality.

asifkafridi3 and Hakim like this.
  15. asifkafridi3

16. amanitamusc

amanitamusc Oud Fan

Welcome:)

Hakim likes this.

Promote Oud!