tyson

Oud Alchemist
Vibration theory of olfaction

The Vibration theory of smell proposes that a molecule's smell character is due to its vibrational frequency in the infrared range. This controversial theory is an alternative to the more widely accepted shape theory of olfaction, which proposes that a molecule's smell character is due to its molecular size, molecular shape and functional groups.

I propose that kynam, kyara, Qi nan are in essence a higher vibrational form of agarwood . This grade of wood resin "i say resin as the wood has no special qualities on its own its the resin that is the magical breathtakingly beautifull vibration" So with this in mind there is no kynam scent that can be quantified, it could smell like many things, perhaps the only note could be ethreal which is multidimentionl and not really a smell but a gateway/opening into other worlds . In kodo we dont smell the wood we listen to it . Its kinda like how dolphins use there sonar to absorb the vibration in there sences and it projects a holographic image. Kyara could be seen the same it resonates into our sences and it can project into our holographic imagery . This grade of agarwood has such a high freq that in can lead us into higher states of consciounses. While it can be used as a narcotic it can also be used as a spititual tool for enlightenment . We can use this blessed master tree teacher to attune to... and in doing so we raise our light our love our vibration . Buddha and krishna said its the smell of nirvana but in a non physical reality can we use our 3d sences? ... surely then nirvana does not have a tangible scent but it does have a tangible vibration, its one we can enter by matching that frequency. agarwood can show us the way ... .I find that in my Qi nan ceremonies were i deeply smell it beyond listening to it i feel it i let it flow though me its like fire or electricity but chi or life force so this grade of wood resin is very conensed life force energy "hence why they call it "Qi nan"which can impart that into us when we use it in a meditative or energy breath work type situation . Soon ill post some videos of how i use qi nan in my agarwood ceremonies and how i use the kundalini energies"chi energies" with the breath and with the qi nan to raise my freq higher and higher and enter altered states of concsiousness and bliss . Through doing this we can raise the vibration of everything around us and impact the world through chaning our be-ing. Then we can be divinity in action every step a prayer, enacting heaven on earth
19657352_1898142247101205_1283597205879730255_n.jpg

Last edited:

Godoud

Oud Fan
Vibration theory of olfaction
Its getting too legendary...
Qi in chinese means strange, special,
Not the energy qi
The Vibration theory of smell proposes that a molecule's smell character is due to its vibrational frequency in the infrared range. This controversial theory is an alternative to the more widely accepted shape theory of olfaction, which proposes that a molecule's smell character is due to its molecular size, molecular shape and functional groups.

I propose that kynam, kyara, Qi nan are in essence a higher vibrational form of agarwood . This grade of wood resin "i say resin as the wood has no special qualities on its own its the resin that is the magical breathtakingly beautifull vibration" So with this in mind there is no kynam scent that can be quantified, it could smell like many things, perhaps the only note could be ethreal which is multidimentionl and not really a smell but a gateway/opening into other worlds . In kodo we dont smell the wood we listen to it . Its kinda like how dolphins use there sonar to absorb the vibration in there sences and it projects a holographic image. Kyara could be seen the same it resonates into our sences and it can project into our holographic imagery . This grade of agarwood has such a high freq that in can lead us into higher states of consciounses. While it can be used as a narcotic it can also be used as a spititual tool for enlightenment . We can use this blessed master tree teacher to attune to... and in doing so we raise our light our love our vibration . Buddha and krishna said its the smell of nirvana but in a non physical reality can we use our 3d sences? ... surely then nirvana does not have a tangible scent but it does have a tangible vibration, its one we can enter by matching that frequency. agarwood can show us the way ... .I find that in my Qi nan ceremonies were i deeply smell it beyond listening to it i feel it i let it flow though me its like fire or electricity but chi or life force so this grade of wood resin is very conensed life force energy "hence why they call it "Qi nan"which can impart that into us when we use it in a meditative or energy breath work type situation . Soon ill post some videos of how i use qi nan in my agarwood ceremonies and how i use the kundalini energies"chi energies" with the breath and with the qi nan to raise my freq higher and higher and enter altered states of concsiousness and bliss . Through doing this we can raise the vibration of everything around us and impact the world through chaning our be-ing. Then we can be divinity in action every step a prayer, enacting heaven on earth
View attachment 2836

Hello! As someone acquainted with the academic sphere it's sure nice to see someone with their own theory about kinam wood. I've been asking those same questions of what makes kinam wood such a special scent.
That being said, there are a few questions I have with this vibrational theory.
"Vibration in the infrared range" is simply one way to describe how temperature works. So according to this theory if we crank up the temperature on our subitism or diffuser to the maximum, it would produce a kinam scent. But we all know that in reality kinam (or any fragrant wood for that matter) scorches and smokes at high temperatures, losing any semblance of its subtle aroma. Not only is it impossible from a thermodynamic standpoint to subject organic molecules to much vibrations before they inevitably combust (due to mechanisms like activation energy, etc.), but also unheated kinam wood is at the same temperature as its environment, which in my opinion casts doubt on the vibrational theory of scent. Kyarazen website has a lot of information on the research conducted on kinam wood, and it has indeed shown that kinam has a different composition with regards to its essential components compared to regular agarwood.

Mr.P

oud<3er
Tyson, I think I understand the spirit of what you are feeling, and am also struck by the beauty of kinam, and agree that the smell could be an amazing tool in meditative / psychedelic practices.The beauty of fragrant plants is miraculous and a heated wood chip or drop of good jasmine, sandalwood oil contain within them deep olfactory landscapes to explore.

You’ve kind of struck on some thing that I think about a lot so here comes a long post. I have spent hours unproductively pondering why one particular scent might resonate so well with so many people, while another is less popular or appealing.

when I look at all of the natural smelly things that humans have come to cherish over the years, like frankincense, musk, Sandalwood, patchouli, vetiver, ambergris, woodsmoke, etc. I find myself feeling like I’m looking at something really profound, some link to our biological self or our deep history. I also wonder why some scents draw me in and others just seem superficially beautiful. Is it me? Is it really less beautiful or profound?
to what degree does our passion for scents like kinam emerges from conditioning, versus some deeper instinctual or primal drive? Obviously seeing people go from hating barnyard to to being addicted to it is evidence one way or another of the way in which conditioning blinds our senses.

So I find myself wondering, what is the connection? Preference? Biology? Pharmaceutical affect? Early conditioning?

For me the answer must come via a chemical / biological perspective. I’m not putting down any worldview AT ALL but I will just share mine since it is something I dwell on and it seems like that’s the spirit of this thread!

(And in my opinion the scientific explanations only add to the beauty and mystery! These mechanisms are as astounding as smells and tastes and emotions - The more we can figure out about how these things work, the better we can understand where the mystery lies.)

Evolutionary theory, and especially evolutionary psychology kind of helps me to think clearly about the mysteries of self. So in that light…

Olfaction is deeply tied to our deep time history. The most simple creatures rely on it almost like a primary sense. Olfaction has been THE tool for identification of danger, home, self, other, mate, child, food, poison and so on, at all stages of our evolutionary history. Olfaction goes DEEP and every cell in your body has a simple olfactory apparatus.

Nothing makes more sense to me than the fact that this most ancient and survival-critical sense stirs us on the deepest levels emotionally. Smelling the right fragrance at the right time is one of the most transformative or evocative (or mind-altering) non-drug conscious experiences, because I think we connect to it all the way down to an almost cellular level. If I had to guess one sense that would be most likely to cause altered states in humans (other than sight) it would have to be smell.

I am now raising two pet rats and it’s kind of interesting seeing their reactions as I introduce foods and smells to them for the first time! I will try to see if kinam has an impact on their behavior. :)

Some things they just go absolutely crazy for with no pause. Others they take a second, pause, sniff a bit before digging in… a deep connection hammered into their DNA by the struggles of their ancestors.

One of the things they were immediately and strongly drawn towards was vapor from high-quality cannabis. I haven’t been giving them any but if I Vape a little flower they scramble for the nozzle of the vaporizer. How do you explain that?

Last edited:

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
Tyson, I think I understand the spirit of what you are feeling, and am also struck by the beauty of kinam, and agree that the smell could be an amazing tool in meditative / psychedelic practices.The beauty of fragrant plants is miraculous and a heated wood chip or drop of good jasmine, sandalwood oil contain within them deep olfactory landscapes to explore.

You’ve kind of struck on some thing that I think about a lot so here comes a long post. I have spent hours unproductively pondering why one particular scent might resonate so well with so many people, while another is less popular or appealing.

when I look at all of the natural smelly things that humans have come to cherish over the years, like frankincense, musk, Sandalwood, patchouli, vetiver, ambergris, woodsmoke, etc. I find myself feeling like I’m looking at something really profound, some link to our biological self or our deep history. I also wonder why some scents draw me in and others just seem superficially beautiful. Is it me? Is it really less beautiful or profound?
to what degree does our passion for scents like kinam emerges from conditioning, versus some deeper instinctual or primal drive? Obviously seeing people go from hating barnyard to to being addicted to it is evidence one way or another of the way in which conditioning blinds our senses.

So I find myself wondering, what is the connection? Preference? Biology? Pharmaceutical affect? Early conditioning?

For me the answer must come via a chemical / biological perspective. I’m not putting down any worldview AT ALL but I will just share mine since it is something I dwell on and it seems like that’s the spirit of this thread!

(And in my opinion the scientific explanations only add to the beauty and mystery! These mechanisms are as astounding as smells and tastes and emotions - The more we can figure out about how these things work, the better we can understand where the mystery lies.)

Evolutionary theory, and especially evolutionary psychology kind of helps me to think clearly about the mysteries of self. So in that light…

Olfaction is deeply tied to our deep time history. The most simple creatures rely on it almost like a primary sense. Olfaction has been THE tool for identification of danger, home, self, other, mate, child, food, poison and so on, at all stages of our evolutionary history. Olfaction goes DEEP and every cell in your body has a simple olfactory apparatus.

Nothing makes more sense to me than the fact that this most ancient and survival-critical sense stirs us on the deepest levels emotionally. Smelling the right fragrance at the right time is one of the most transformative or evocative (or mind-altering) non-drug conscious experiences, because I think we connect to it all the way down to an almost cellular level. If I had to guess one sense that would be most likely to cause altered states in humans (other than sight) it would have to be smell.

I am now raising two pet rats and it’s kind of interesting seeing their reactions as I introduce foods and smells to them for the first time! I will try to see if kinam has an impact on their behavior. :)

Some things they just go absolutely crazy for with no pause. Others they take a second, pause, sniff a bit before digging in… a deep connection hammered into their DNA by the struggles of their ancestors.

One of the things they were immediately and strongly drawn towards was vapor from high-quality cannabis. I haven’t been giving them any but if I Vape a little flower they scramble for the nozzle of the vaporizer. How do you explain that?
I enjoyed reading your post......
Considering that our five primary senses are developed and evolved for survival in our surroundings, I do agree that scent is a big one for getting information more deeply then the other four.
And essentially we are just complete chemical molecular life forms so it is of no surprise that the sense of smell is possibly primary as it can develop imagination even if blind......
I believe our smell receptors are very good at discovering deep hidden messages from the source of the scent we are smelling....weather it be a perfume or a person.....Males can be very affected by female pheromones with out really knowing that is what they are reacting to.
Getting the deeper meaning of any of the senses can lead to the development of intution...which s not great in humanity at this stage..else we would all be getting along far better in the world....it is ongoing evolution....

Mr.P

oud<3er
So what can the great fit of certain fragrances tell us?

I assume either:

1. Conditioning
2. Resemblance of the plant or its general type of scent to some important resource our ancestors needed to survive or reproduce.

Likewise when we find a fragrance especially revolting it also can be related to some kind of adaptation earned at the expense of many human and pre-human lives. Humans are generally repulsed by the smells of bacteria that develop when food decays and becomes dangerous to eat. I grew bacteria in a lab, a huge variety of them and it was amazing how awful the majority of them smell.

the evolutionary explanation is that Humans who were genetically predisposed to be less repulsed by the smell of decay were more likely to die off from food poisoning, and those with the tendency to find the smell of bacterial decay offensive would have been more likely to pass on their genes and the related trait as a result. Here we are much much later in time gagging or actually spitting up food when we smell particular strains of bacteria. The reason it makes you barf is because if you smell that you likely have eaten rotten food and your best chances of survival are to throw it up. Again those were the most repelled and disgusted were the most likely to not die of food poisoning.

one recent blind study showed that women who were ovulating are more likely to find the scent of BO of people who have different tissue types and are genetically different from them appealing. The opposite was true for pregnant women. They used the MHC 25-gene-complex (used to predict success of organ transplants) to judge genetic similarity and differences for the BO source .

Now imagine the flies for example and their olfactory world . For them the stench of a rotting carcass is the epitome of a delicious and calming “homey” scent (the scent of their childhood as a maggot!). What is their kinam!?

Last edited:

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
History of humanity still has many links and pieces of evidence missing.
For example, when we lit fires at night to keep warm and to protect ourselves......did some of our early ancestors find that certain wood when burned kept more predators away then other wood? That could have been survival knowledge to be passed on. Basic human scent in the very early days would have been geared around survival only. Today we don't (most of us) need the scent for our survival but more for pleasure....for the most part.

language scent

True Woodict
History of humanity still has many links and pieces of evidence missing.
For example, when we lit fires at night to keep warm and to protect ourselves......did some of our early ancestors find that certain wood when burned kept more predators away then other wood? That could have been survival knowledge to be passed on. Basic human scent in the very early days would have been geared around survival only. Today we don't (most of us) need the scent for our survival but more for pleasure....for the most part.
I am guessing the fire was enough to make most animals fear to go close. But for insects for sure it was the case!

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
I am guessing the fire was enough to make most animals fear to go close. But for insects for sure it was the case!
But some predetors may have only gotten closer to the fire to fumigate their fur from the Agarwood burning in the cave.....or perhaps it gave a certain seasoning to the humans before eating them...🤣🤣