F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
@F4R1d0uX , yes. Shin kyara is something like semi kyara. By appearance and room temperature scent it is no where near a fully developed kyara. But then what are we look for in a kyara? Is it appearance? Resin content? Or the smell through listening?

By the way, the 3rd wood bits is an old stock. By posting it with the original wrapping envelope could have spelled from which incense company it came from. I just couldn't confirm. Perhaps some experience members could give a hint?:p

Sure brother !
It's just because I learnt that few days ago I wanted to play expert hahahah:p:p:p
Nice collection anyway brother !

Fantastic post indeed !

For your consideration, shin kyara = semi kyara ;).

The 3rd ones looks like double super.
From wich specy are they ? Look like microcarpa :p

@F4R1d0uX , yes. Shin kyara is something like semi kyara. By appearance and room temperature scent it is no where near a fully developed kyara. But then what are we look for in a kyara? Is it appearance? Resin content? Or the smell through listening?

By the way, the 3rd wood bits is an old stock. By posting it with the original wrapping envelope could have spelled from which incense company it came from. I just couldn't confirm. Perhaps some experience members could give a hint?:p

Wow seems like we have a Kyaraholic! really nice woods @acomfortingScent. How do you burn these woods? Do you think theres a massive difference in high quality sinking chips and kyara? is it worth the difference in cost?

@Habz786, I am not a kyaraholic. I am just a passive hobbyist. First of all its wrong to use the term burn. Heat should be the better approach(never on direct charcoal). I have the luxury of owning a @Kyarazen 's subitism incense heater so its just plug and play whenever i feel like going thru my tiny collection(maybe once every few months) and i usually use a tiny shaving if i want to smell kyara.

Regarding sinking chips and kyara cost. i would say its the complexity of smell that defines the cost. But im already biased toward kyara. If i were to spend $1000 on 1g of kyara vs $1000 on 100g of Agarwood. i would chose the kyara. But don't be mistaken. There are also some agarwood that are as good as kyara.

Jdhawk50

My kyara stash.
Once i get settled in my new house crowgirl.

Attachments

• IMG_2662.JPG
    IMG_2662.JPG
    182.9 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_2663.JPG
    IMG_2663.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 288

hasans1412

Resident Artisan
Hey, I've been looking at this website and notice that they have rather cheap Kyara prices :eek:
http://www.japanincense.com/ym-0106.html

Has anyone tried them before? and does anyone know the difference in their grading system? SS, SA, and AA?
Interesting that you should bring this up, I think you ought to give a shout out to the owner of the site to maybe clarify the gradings. I personally found him very helpful and is willing to chase up the suppliers to get an answer if there is a need. Although the SS grade, being the highest in their selling books at almost $400/g for few (cut, not whole) square pieces, don't seem too cheap to me, or maybe I'm too poor for it...hahaha...:D