RisingPhoenix

Resident Artisan

tyson

Oud Alchemist
Green kyara and my kynam necklace pendant . Just finished a ceremony with the a sliver of green kyara , so divine and such a high Qi . Just smellin it your face goes a bit numb highly psycoactive and at higher heats very narcotic, thats why i keep the heat low in my meditations because i want the Qi from it not a narcotic effect . the green kyara is very soft and the resin deposites are many different colors . All the paper thin agar with its black hard resin is light years difference from this woodin terms of vibration frequency and smell .
IMG_0323.JPG
IMG_0324.JPG
IMG_0325.JPG
IMG_0326.JPG
IMG_0327.JPG

RisingPhoenix

Resident Artisan
Medicine, Food, and Koh (incense) all come from the same source.

If ever you wonder why you can't make sense of japanese incense at times - here is a perfect example of why. Ingredient choices can be quite unexpected...yet yield oishi (tasty!) results!

IMG_8535.JPG
IMG_8536.JPG
IMG_8537.JPG

Samkastner

Just Arrived
KZ says this:

'How Kyara is formed out of agarwood trees, or from agarwood is unknown. Given its complicated chemical and dynamic scent profiles, with more compounds than normal agarwood, including a very high sesquiterpene content, there are speculations. In Japan, its been speculated that recurrent or multiple infections at different time points over centirues could have caused kyara to be formed. The Chinese speculate that it could be bees making hives in agarwood tree trunks, with the honey affecting the resination process causing different scents to result. Others believe it to be centuries of aging and weathering in a humid climate resulting in the “ripening” of resins, breakdown of hard resins into soft pliable materials. Another theory was an extremely special species of fungus infecting the tree and changing its genetic expressions relating to plant defense, causing secretion of special/unique compounds. There is absolutely no cultivated kyara known at this point of time, people growing A. Sinensis, Crassna, or Malaccensis, have not been able to induce or obtain materials that are comparable to wild agarwood, not to even talk about forming such extremely rare and superior kyara/kynam materials. Perhaps only from the microscopic structure alone, we can observe compaction that seem to imply that kynam/kyara to be core/heartwood material. I personally believe kyara to be formed by a combination of all the previous speculations stated.'

Which is from the following article by him:

http://www.kyarazen.com/what-is-kyara-or-kynam/#
John can you pm me - I understand this isn't the right location but I'd like to ask you about some oils I've seen you list for sale and can't find any other way to get in touch with you. Forgive the intrusion! :)